Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G store nightmare

Options
  • 22-11-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Guys i don't know where to start but i have a pain in my rocks with this crowd. You might remember a post i put up about paying for 1 of those mini acer laptops, well the gist of it was i paid for the laptop and was told to pick it up that afternoon, after i dont know how many phonecalls and visits to the store i recieved it 3 weeks later by courier to my door with no apology or anything.

Now today i ring eircom to see what the story with my new connection is and am told they have recieved nothing from 3g requesting a new connection, i got my 3mb router from 3g and was told it would take 5-10 working days, that was 6 weeks ago, i've rang them 10 minutes ago and got the same blarney that i got about the laptop, we will contact our sales rep?????

Guys where do i stand here??

P.s i've pre-paid for everything in store, and have router and receipt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Guys i don't know where to start but i have a pain in my rocks with this crowd. You might remember a post i put up about paying for 1 of those mini acer laptops, well the gist of it was i paid for the laptop and was told to pick it up that afternoon, after i dont know how many phonecalls and visits to the store i recieved it 3 weeks later by courier to my door with no apology or anything.

Now today i ring eircom to see what the story with my new connection is and am told they have recieved nothing from 3g requesting a new connection, i got my 3mb router from 3g and was told it would take 5-10 working days, that was 6 weeks ago, i've rang them 10 minutes ago and got the same blarney that i got about the laptop, we will contact our sales rep?????

Guys where do i stand here??

P.s i've pre-paid for everything in store, and have router and receipt.

kick up a stink, land in the shop with everything and ask for your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Gerry i see where your coming from but why should i have to do this?? They offered me a service i've paid for this service and they failed to deliver it now becomes their problem not mine!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd imagine they'll be reluctant to take back a used laptop so be doing whats been suggested above your more likely I would imagine to get your dsl sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Gerry i see where your coming from but why should i have to do this?? They offered me a service i've paid for this service and they failed to deliver it now becomes their problem not mine!!!

i know it kinda bully boyish but it works for me. I always try the offical way but once it turns sour thats it.

you have been left waiting long enough in total and now this, kick up a stink the fact that we irish are so bad at it is why we have **** service in the first place.

Look at american customer service its almost makes u sick they are so nicey nicey but they are because they value each and every customer like it was there last. but the customers will give such a hard time if they are not pleased and i think we should start doing the same.

No offence to posters but get back into the shop meet with them face to face and let them see your anger. you cannot embarras them over the phone but you can at a desk where other customers can see you and the shop will act very quickly to get you on side to keep the peace(obviously dont break the law or get yourself detained under the mental health act)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

please don't follow gerrycollins advice. As every retail employee here will tell you, the staff don't set policies and they're not suddenly allowed to break the policies because you shouted at them.

If you want to shout, call the head office and shout at the people who set the policies and have the power to waive them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Slightly ot here but i walked past the 3g shop in blanchardstown shopping centre yesterday and it was closed. Possibly in trouble? would have thought they would be doing anything to get people in the door on the biggest shopping day of the week.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Slightly ot here but i walked past the 3g shop in blanchardstown shopping centre yesterday and it was closed. Possibly in trouble? would have thought they would be doing anything to get people in the door on the biggest shopping day of the week.
    there are 3 3g stores in the blanchardstown centre. Were they all closed?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    there are 3 3g stores in the blanchardstown centre. Were they all closed?

The large one beside near elverys was closed. Correct me if im wrong but this is the largest of the three. Interesting to see it closed as that side of the centre has a high footfall.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    The large one beside near elverys was closed. Correct me if im wrong but this is the largest of the three. Interesting to see it closed as that side of the centre has a high footfall.

it is the largest. the head office of the company used to be in the back of it. the other two stores are across from game and next to the fountain respectively so i'd say they have higher footfall.

it's possible they're closing the bigger one in favour of the two smaller ones

Sign of the times methinks, its not like nobody goes over that side of teh centre. Big shop = big rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    please don't follow gerrycollins advice. As every retail employee here will tell you, the staff don't set policies and they're not suddenly allowed to break the policies because you shouted at them.

If you want to shout, call the head office and shout at the people who set the policies and have the power to waive them

Unfortunately gerrycollins is right. Usually the easiest way of getting a mess like this sorted out is to go into the shop and kick up a fuss in front of other potential customers. The manager will be over to you like a shot to try and sort it out before the browsing potential customers get wind of what has happened.

eth0_ wrote: »
    Unfortunately gerrycollins is right. Usually the easiest way of getting a mess like this sorted out is to go into the shop and kick up a fuss in front of other potential customers. The manager will be over to you like a shot to try and sort it out before the browsing potential customers get wind of what has happened.

well i can tell you that any time a customer shouted at me or any of my fellow staff members i instantly lost all desire to help them and they got their basic legal entitlements whereas we often went above and beyond that for people who treated us with respect.

kicking up a fuss should be the very last stage when dealing with a company who have repeatedly refused to do what they're supposed to. the OP is nowhere near that stage yet. and the shouting should always be done to a manager or preferably someone higher and not the normal staff who have no control over anything. in fact 3g store managers have pretty much no power either

also, having worked there i can tell you that we used a web based tool to sign up people for eircom products and it was all too common for requests to simply disappear without a trace through no fault of our own

The thing is gerry is probably right, but i have visited this store about 6 times with my problem and its still not solved, i'm not a great believer in roaring and shouting, its probably not the sales assitants fault but this is going beyond a joke at this stage. Waited 3 weeks for a laptop i was suppose to have that afternoon, and now waiting 5-6 weeks for a broadband and phone service that i was told would take 5 days, i don't know what to think at this stage.

P.s each trip to the store costs me roughly 13euro between petrol and parking not to mention my time, as i have no other buisness to do at this shopping centre.

The thing is gerry is probably right, but i have visited this store about 6 times with my problem and its still not solved, i'm not a great believer in roaring and shouting, its probably not the sales assitants fault but this is going beyond a joke at this stage. Waited 3 weeks for a laptop i was suppose to have that afternoon, and now waiting 5-6 weeks for a broadband and phone service that i was told would take 5 days, i don't know what to think at this stage.

P.s each trip to the store costs me roughly 13euro between petrol and parking not to mention my time, as i have no other buisness to do at this shopping centre.

could you contact eircom directly?

done that sam got transferred half the way around europe and back again, ended up with i guy who sounded like he was from Pakistan and he couldn't understand a word i was saying, and i don't have much Arab so we ended up at a crossroads and he hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'd go to the store and ask for a manager. It doesn't sound like anything a normal CSR can help with :(

Once you get the manager explain the situation and explain that you're not leaving until something other than "we'll look into it" is offered. Make them ring eircom and sort it out, I'm sure they have channels that they can go through to help. Don't let up or tear them a new one, just be firm and polite.

I wouldn't be happy if an assistant manager came out but sometimes thats all you'll get. They're usually just fodder that are sent out to deal with a customer the manager doesn't want to deal with. Any ast. manager I've worked with generally had responsibility for issues within the scope of the store (such as refunds and complaints) but not when it comes to outside departments.

It might help if you turn up at a time when there would actually be a manager in the store, usually 9-5 or thereabouts. Sometimes you'll find that stores that open late are run by the assistant manager after 6 or so.

Advertisement