Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

22" LCD Monitor €114

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

jayteecork wrote: »

White - not for me. The other Dabs Value has integrated speakers which the acer doesn't. Look around for some reviews. I looked for the Dabs one and could not find any reviews. I think its the same brand (not actually Dabs Value, but digimate) as the OP one just a different model number. Maybe this is the updated version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Hi all, OP here :D, the dabs 22" is indeed a Digimate L-2231WD, at least the one I got last week is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

I decided to get the 24" one yesterday which is a bargin for 214 euros. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

So I can definitely hook up an xbox 360 via VGA to one of these?

Anyone try it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

cormie wrote: »
    Another thing would be volume adjustment, looks like you could do it with the ebay linked tuner, but probably not with a VCR?

Would this: http://cgi.ebay.ie/VGA-SVGA-to-3-RCA-Component-Cable-Video-For-pc-tv-UK_W0QQitemZ390011324227QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item390011324227 work with the VCR? It says "Connector RCA Component Y / Pr / Pb (M x 3)" so I'm not sure if that's the right connection for a VCR-monitor?

Did this turn out to be the correct adaptor?

Can anyone provide a link to a suitable adaptor? I want to connect the output from one of those 2.4 GHz tv sender things (Yellow, white, Red leads) to this monitor, but i dont know what adaptor will work.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody seen a similar offer somewhere other then Dabs.ie?

I've just finish going throw hell trying to getting the guts to build a full PC delivered from Dabs and will not order from them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Anybody seen a similar offer somewhere other then Dabs.ie?

I've just finish going throw hell trying to getting the guts to build a full PC delivered from Dabs and will not order from them again.

Pixmania stock or at least used to stock a similar range of value products, they were also Digimate. Check there.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

I got 2 of these Dab 22" monitors last week for €110 each - Link (Now only €103.72) :eek:

Edit: here is the actual monitor you get -> Link

Overall i am very happy with the price/value of this item. But the bad stuff is:
    1) On 1 screen, there was 1 stuck pixel (red) but it doesn't bother me too much.
    2) The picture quality doesn't seem to be as good as my older screen - IIyama 17".

If you are fussy with colors for gaming/photo editing then i would get a better monitor. If not, then this is a good bargain. I will be using my 3 monitors on the same machine - 1 for outlook/messenger, 1 for development and the other for web browsing & doing remote desktop. For any graphic related stuff i will do on my older monitor.

So, basically its only a good deal if it suits your needs... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

j_lennon18 wrote: »
    I got 2 of these Dab 22" monitors last week for €110 each - Link (Now only €103.72) :eek:

Oh God, why did I have to see this...the bank are about to repossess my home but these are so cheap I want need one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

odd the Monitor price has dropped to under €100 (€99.84) but oddly enough the overall price is the same at just over €114 - so they've upped the shipping for no reason.......
    shipping prices are beginning to annoy me a lot now.....especially with a lot of companies shipping from distribution centers located here....(such as Amazon).....still a good bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

Just got mine today, amazing value for €115 quid, one stuck pixel (Which I'm trying to sort out now) seems fine for gaming, as per previous poster if you just want a nice cheapo monitor you can't go wrong with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

just got the cash together for this and it's discontinued now, unbelievable! anyone know a similar offer?

griffdaddy wrote: »
    just got the cash together for this and it's discontinued now, unbelievable! anyone know a similar offer?
    dabs have one here for €101

yeah i just realised i was actually looking at that one in the first place, duh :p
    I just want this for playing xbox though, would it work out of the box or do i need a converter?

This is the cable i need i think, anyone else done this before with an xbox? how's the quality?

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    yeah i just realised i was actually looking at that one in the first place, duh :p
    I just want this for playing xbox though, would it work out of the box or do i need a converter?
    save up another few euro & go for this,..works out at around €360 delivered,..dunnes stores have them for €499

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

lensman wrote: »
    save up another few euro & go for this,..works out at around €360 delivered,..dunnes stores have them for €499
    The Elonex is a bit cheaper on SVP (shipping is less).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

If I used scart out on my NTL box, a scart > RCA adapter then http://cgi.ebay.ie/VGA-SVGA-to-3-RCA-Component-Cable-Video-For-pc-tv-UK_W0QQitemZ390011324227QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item390011324227 will it all work out? (with black bars above and below image I presume?
    Just noticed that these are wall mountable

Advertisement