Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghwt

Options
  • 22-11-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

so.what are your fave songs on ghwt at the moment?
    Loving arrgo by The Enemy and Freak on a Leash on the drums at the mo.
    Also quite like Band on the Run by Wings,playing that on the guitar!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

jackncoke wrote: »
    so.what are your fave songs on ghwt at the moment?
    Loving arrgo by The Enemy and Freak on a Leash on the drums at the mo.
    Also quite like Band on the Run by Wings,playing that on the guitar!

Got a few at the moment.

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
    The Cult - Love Removal Machine (personal nostalgia thing there though)
    Ted Nugent - Stranglehold
    Sting - Demolition Man
    Dream Theater - Pull Me Under
    Motorhead - Overkill

Songs i hate by the way

Muse - Assassin. - STOP FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST PUTTING MUSE INTO THESE GAMES. NOBODY WANTS SIX MINUTES OF MINDLESS SHREDDING!
    Trust - Antisocial. - Would have much preferred the Anthrax version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

The only songs I really enjoyed were BYOB,satch boogie and hot for teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Only played this for 20 mins at a friends house. Loved Hotel California, and I almost sightread fc'd it. Stupid choke!!

It's alright, but the interface is atrocious compared to RB!!

Just did 100% guitar on hard. I never want to hear Satch Boogie again as long as live. I spent an hour failing on 74% before i scraped it through the skin of my teeth and finished it.

Started bass on it earlier tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My favourites so far are...

Drums: Are Are You Gonna Go My Way?

Singing: Freak on a Leash, Livin' on a Prayer, Rebel yell

Guitar: No Sleep til Brooklyn, Beat It

Just got game yest so haven't unlocked enough yet to make educated choice but must admit, I'm not loving any of the guitar songs as much as on GH3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Only been playing a few days but I have to say my favourites for playing guitar or drums, assuming someone else is singing, are Freak On A Leash and No Sleep Till Brooklyn - especially when someone else walks into the room in the middle of the "ba-hoom-na-na-hoom-na-na-heyna!" scat-esque bit of the Korn song. Priceless.

Everlong was the first song on drums that really hurt me. In a good way. Stillborn has a great groove to it, even though the drums were fairly straight forward.

Guitarwise I really enjoyed Stranglehold, but I haven't played many songs on guitar yet.

Singing I had a blast with L'Via L'Viaquez and Nuvole E Lenzuola - having to guess the melody while desperately reading off random syllables at breakneck speed should be a staple of every night out! Wouldn't want to be pushing for 5 stars on them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Banjo wrote: »
    Singing I had a blast with L'Via L'Viaquez and Nuvole E Lenzuola - having to guess the melody while desperately reading off random syllables at breakneck speed should be a staple of every night out! Wouldn't want to be pushing for 5 stars on them though.

We do that regularly :D

I had a quick session with cedomination the other night. The guy is a masochist! I spent half a night nearly throwing the guitar out the window trying to finish Satch Boogie on hard, and he flies through it on expert. Either he has fingers made of jelly or else he's cheating. :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I had a quick session with cedomination the other night. The guy is a masochist!

Do you realise how gay that sounds?
    I spent half a night nearly throwing the guitar out the window trying to finish Satch Boogie on hard, and he flies through it on expert. Either he has fingers made of jelly or else he's cheating. :)

Wait.. was this an irl meet or online?

Yes.. he's very scary on Plastic Guitar Games.... He's 5 starred Through The Fire and Flames on GH3 also... That explains a lot.

and yes... his fingers probably are made of jelly at this stage... he should really be very careful about his fingers or he could get carpal tunnel (or arthritis) at an early age.... I'm not joking!

Cully wrote: »
    Do you realise how gay that sounds?

Nowhere near as gay as your drummer character in Rock Band!

Wait.. was this an irl meet or online?

Yes.. he's very scary on Plastic Guitar Games.... He's 5 starred Through The Fire and Flames on GH3 also... That explains a lot.

and yes... his fingers probably are made of jelly at this stage... he should really be very careful about his fingers or he could get carpal tunnel (or arthritis) at an early age.... I'm not joking!

Online. We just happened to be playing at the same time.
    I'm trying to up my skill at the moment to expert in GH, but it's not going as well as i'd hoped. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Argh,thanks for making me all worried now!

Argh,thanks for making me all worried now!

lol.... sorry, but some people need to know to be careful about certain things. I know lots of people who've picked up carpal tunnel, rsi, or Arthritis or similar from MUSIC GAMES... only. I would hate for you to endure the same fate... cos if you get it once, you will be plagued for life. Personally, I am very careful, so that's why I have very strong fingers. (as in.. I can do 5 or 6 push ups using only my thumbs)

Anyway... to avoid it you should do the following...
    * Warm up your fingers before playing. There's many ways of doing this... One way is to twirl drumsticks in your hands (which also makes you look cool).. Another way is get those metal qi-gong balls and spin them around in your hand.
    * Take regular breaks... even if this means going upstairs for a poop now and again. :pac:
    * Try to make sure your wrist is straight when playing... The more you bend your wrist, the more it squeezes the 'carpal tunnel' in your wrist making it thinner, and easier to break.
    * Don't crack your knuckles... This weakens the crap out of your fingers. (and yes, I know the crack is only from air popping)
    * Eat multivitamins. These keep your ligaments and stuff strong, so helps avoid problems like this. MSMM and Choindron are also awesome to take regularly.... people with Arthritis are told to take this.
    * Try to relax your fingers while playing. If you are any good, you probably do this, but my biggest problem is that when stuff gets hard, I tend to squeeze the crap out of the guitar neck.... bad!!!
    * Try to make sure your fingers are not cold when playing. Some people feel ok, but then have freezing hands. If your hands are cold, you should warm them up first by washing them in warm water or something. Muscles and tendons are more brittle when colder.
    * Get a Chiropractor to look at them regularly. It's impractical to do this unless you are going to get chiro anyway, but I went and I found that I had serious strength problems with my left hand.. I only knew after she 'fixed' it.
    * Sometimes you can get moisturising creams and stuff that have Vitamin C in it... Using this every now and again will help reduce the chance of getting arthritis.
    * Drink Milk - Calcium is good for bones :D

Anyway... no matter how many precautions you take, you still may have problems, but ESPECIALLY if you are younger than 20, you should be extra careful. Arthritis cases are growing in younger people now and they attribute it to playing games all day. Tiny movements on keyboard or controllers all day.

Listen to me... I'm old!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Great post there Cully! :)

Listen to me... I'm old!!!!

These kids won't listen to us oldies! :(
    They'll shove us in a home and then overtake our scores!!

Great post there Cully! :)

No probs... I always try to help..... I have 10 years of experience in the music game world now, so I have learned a thing or two (thousand). I learn from others mistakes and strengths. DDR is a hell of a lot more strenuous on the body than GH, so I had to learn such things.
    These kids won't listen to us oldies! :(
    They'll shove us in a home and then overtake our scores!!

Wait... is 1976 your birthday? If so.... I can't believe I've found someone older than me who plays music games.. OMG... (although only by a few months I bet).
    Nowhere near as gay as your drummer character in Rock Band!

heh.. that's true.... You have to complete the Bass Impossible Challenge to earn those Y-fronts!!! Sorry, but all the stupid looking black crap with spikes and bones all look stupid. At least this one is funny D:

Also... I changed my character since.. He now has Orange Y-Fronts with a big orange cape....

Can I get a high 5 over here?
    Online. We just happened to be playing at the same time.
    I'm trying to up my skill at the moment to expert in GH, but it's not going as well as i'd hoped. :(

Try "breakneck speed"... Takes a little getting used to, but WILL help your finger speed and read ability.

Also... just bear with it... I've played a bit over the past 2 weeks and I have really jumped up in my own level... I no longer use the solo buttons for solo's as I don't need it for most of them... that's a serious jump for me as I used to crap my pants when all that solo gunk came up with lots of stuff.

I still have a lot of improving to do... It sucks that I seem to compare my own level to people I know.... If I knew people who only played on medium, I'd think that I'm awesome on the game, but I know gits like cedomination and hentaiusagi who have both 5starred all of GH3, therefore making me feel like a complete waster :mad:

I also hate people like fedule, who I remember showing GH2 to for the first time about a year ago, then about 2 months after that, he passed virtually everything on expert... Granted he practised a lot, but I reckon I've practised 10x what he has and I'm still not even remotely close to his level.

Can you feel the love? :D

EDIT: F*** I NEED TO LEARN TO SHUT UP.. look at how long my last 2 posts were! :O

Wait... is 1976 your birthday? If so.... I can't believe I've found someone older than me who plays music games.. OMG... (although only by a few months I bet).

Yep, 33 next week. And i take comfort in the fact that i know people older than me who play them, I know some folks into their 40s and 50s that play em too.! :D
    heh.. that's true.... You have to complete the Bass Impossible Challenge to earn those Y-fronts!!! Sorry, but all the stupid looking black crap with spikes and bones all look stupid. At least this one is funny D:

I nearly fell to the floor when i saw them, lol.
    Also... I changed my character since.. He now has Orange Y-Fronts with a big orange cape....

And thats not gay at all...
    but I know gits like cedomination and hentaiusagi who have both 5starred all of GH3, therefore making me feel like a complete waster :mad:

I also hate people like fedule, who I remember showing GH2 to for the first time about a year ago, then about 2 months after that, he passed virtually everything on expert... Granted he practised a lot, but I reckon I've practised 10x what he has and I'm still not even remotely close to his level.

I can't finish GHIII on hard, Raining Blood keeps getting me. Might try it again later though.

Yep, 33 next week. And i take comfort in the fact that i know people older than me who play them, I know some folks into their 40s and 50s that play em too.! :D

Me too... but I don't know anyone older than me who can play on Expert! (up to now) I'm 32 in April... Yay I feel young again ;)
    I nearly fell to the floor when i saw them, lol.

The intended effect.... They are awesome. I just wish I could get a penis shaped guitar... That would complete the "look".
    And thats not gay at all...

I didn't say it wasn't gay lookin.. although it is less gay than the pink.
    I can't finish GHIII on hard, Raining Blood keeps getting me. Might try it again later though.

I think I completed GHIII on hard, but that would have been a long time ago... I must boot it up again and make sure... I'll probably find that I can't get half way in the list now.. lol.

Try Visions on Hard on RB2... WTF is up with that... it's harder than most Expert songs :/

Me too... but I don't know anyone older than me who can play on Expert! (up to now) I'm 32 in April... Yay I feel young again ;)

I can't do the GH series on Expert, working my way through RB2 on Expert though.
    I think I completed GHIII on hard, but that would have been a long time ago... I must boot it up again and make sure... I'll probably find that I can't get half way in the list now.. lol.

Well i aced Slayer, Metallica and Maiden last night on GHIII but Lou gave me a sound trashing. So I went back and finished GH2 on hard, which was easy by comparison. Then came back this morning to GHIII and Handed Lou his ass!

I have now finished every GH game for the 360 on hard. I'm proud of that. I'll probably tackle expert in the next month or so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Anyone know if it will be coming out for PC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

The game itself is terrible, a blatant attempt at cashing in on Rock Band's success

• Sloppy UI.
    • Dreadful song list.
    • Poorly designed instruments.
    • Poor quality song creator which lacks the ability to add a vocal track.
    • Not nearly as much support for DLC as Rock Band, which sees new tracks released every tuesday.
    I feel sorry for anyone who bought this game over Rock Band 2, World Tour is clearly advertised alot more. I had to look down the bottom shelves in HMV just to find the Rock Band 2 box where as World Tour boxes were piled up all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

The problem is that Rock Band 2 is only available for the 360 where as Guitar Hero: World Tour is available for 4 different consoles hence the much better and bigger promotions in stores. TBH, Rock Band franchise in Europe has been damaged by the nearly year delay in launching it after the US.

I have WT Guitar and its far better than the RB1 guitar. If RB2 instruments were available in Europe, again like they are in US, then the situation might be comparable.

ongarite wrote: »
    The problem is that Rock Band 2 is only available for the 360 where as Guitar Hero: World Tour is available for 4 different consoles hence the much better and bigger promotions in stores. TBH, Rock Band franchise in Europe has been damaged by the nearly year delay in launching it after the US.

I have WT Guitar and its far better than the RB1 guitar. If RB2 instruments were available in Europe, again like they are in US, then the situation might be comparable.

An idiotic move on EA's part, the Rock Band release in Europe was a right disaster and even now it's still suffering. Still, I'd urge people to read up on both games before they make an informed decision. If you discount the issues in the sale of RB2 instruments here, I'd still say it'll be a much more enjoyable experience for you overall.

The game itself is terrible, a blatant attempt at cashing in on Rock Band's success

• Sloppy UI.
    Which most casual gamers won't notice or give a f*ck about in fairness.
    [*]Dreadful song list.

Matter of opinion on that one i'm afraid. If you ask me, GHWT caters to all age groups whereas RB2 tends to only cater to younger audiences only.
    [*]Poorly designed instruments.

They're both guilty of that, to be fair.
    [*]Poor quality song creator which lacks the ability to add a vocal track.

You expected that to be any good in the first place? No disrespect, but more fool you if you did.
    [*]Not nearly as much support for DLC as Rock Band, which sees new tracks released every tuesday.

I give you that, the GH series never was any good on the DLC issue, RB 1 and 2 were always gonna win on that one. Also the fact that the tracks are more expensive in GH. But that still doesn't take away from the overall games playability.
    I feel sorry for anyone who bought this game over Rock Band 2, World Tour is clearly advertised alot more. I had to look down the bottom shelves in HMV just to find the Rock Band 2 box where as World Tour boxes were piled up all over the place.

I have to say, it grew on me. the RB games, although they're my preference, i find the guitar parts too easy on them. At least GH gives me somewhat of a challenge. Also, and this is probably just me, i found RB2 bloody terrible for AV Sync issues, even after correcting them. I've NEVER had that issue with any of the GH games on the 360.

To me, both games have their strengths and weaknesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Dreadful song list.
    +1
    Just seen the song list, my opinion would have to be that it's not great, 3 & 2 are better.

Which most casual gamers won't notice or give a f*ck about in fairness.

I don't know where you're getting that from. I know if a game's interface looks crap to me I'm not really gonna have much fun playing it. I don't think many casual gamers would spend the guts of €200 getting World Tour and all of the instruments that come with it either, so we can safely assume for the sake of argument that there's more avid Guitar Hero fans than there are casual gamers. What about their opinion?
    Matter of opinion on that one i'm afraid. If you ask me, GHWT caters to all age groups whereas RB2 tends to only cater to younger audiences only.

I wouldn't particularly agree with that. A fair portion of the song list is identical to that of Rock Band 2. That and I don't think fair to say Rock Band 2 can only 'cater to younger audiences only'. What type of song or artist meets that criteria? Does an artist or song have to be old enough so that it 'carers to all age groups'?
    They're both guilty of that, to be fair.

Instrumental issues play a larger part for World Tour I'm afraid. The drumset requires you to hit both cymbals to activate star power, which is not only an issue for throwing you off rhythm, but also messing up your combo since the cymbals aren't always responsive as they should be. And with vocals, you have to 'tap' the microphone hard to activate it? I'm sure that doesn't always work 100% of the time either.
    You expected that to be any good in the first place? No disrespect, but more fool you if you did.

What I did or didn't expect is irrelevant to this discussion. Before the game's release, I recall someone along the lines within the development team commented they could make a 'near-perfect' version of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana. I'd say this more than put everyone's hopes up, and when the final release rolls around, we discover it's little better than a MIDI sequencer without the ability to add vocals. The song creator is boring, tedious and time consuming, and it was meant to be one of the features that set it apart from its competition, Rock Band 2.
    I give you that, the GH series never was any good on the DLC issue, RB 1 and 2 were always gonna win on that one. Also the fact that the tracks are more expensive in GH. But that still doesn't take away from the overall games playability.

Well is sort of does. How long's it gonna take you to get tired of playing the same setlist over and over again? You're probably gonna feel like a change sooner or later, but when you go to download new tracks, you'll find out there's nothing of interest to be found, so you stop playing. I feel lack of DLC support can adversely affect the game's replayability.
    I have to say, it grew on me. the RB games, although they're my preference, i find the guitar parts too easy on them. At least GH gives me somewhat of a challenge. Also, and this is probably just me, i found RB2 bloody terrible for AV Sync issues, even after correcting them. I've NEVER had that issue with any of the GH games on the 360.

Plenty of challenging tracks on the Rock Band 2 setlist that's sure to have you fail once or twice. 'Panic Attack' by Dream Theater, 'Battery' by Metallica, 'Painkiller' by Judas Priest, 'Visions' by Abnormality, 'Souls of Black' by Testament, 'Peace Sells' by Megadeth... I could go on, and these are only the songs given to you on disc! There's 3 more Metallica tracks to download (...And Justice for All, Blackened, Ride the Lightning) that are challenging regardless of what instrument you play, not to mention a Yngwie Malmsteen pack among others.

To me, World Tour has alot more weaknesses than strengths.

I don't know where you're getting that from. I know if a game's interface looks crap to me I'm not really gonna have much fun playing it. I don't think many casual gamers would spend the guts of €200 getting World Tour and all of the instruments that come with it either, so we can safely assume for the sake of argument that there's more avid Guitar Hero fans than there are casual gamers. What about their opinion?

Whats so bad about it? To me, RB's interface is as plain as it comes. It almost looks like frets on fire. And i think you'll find not everyone spend that amount on GHWT, especially if they bought RB or the previous GH games first and had a stack of controllers already.
    I wouldn't particularly agree with that. A fair portion of the song list is identical to that of Rock Band 2. That and I don't think fair to say Rock Band 2 can only 'cater to younger audiences only'. What type of song or artist meets that criteria? Does an artist or song have to be old enough so that it 'carers to all age groups'?

A fair portion? You mean about 15 out of 65-70 songs?! A lot of the songs that were on RB2 most people who didn't listen to 90s indie onwards wouldn't have heard of in fairness.
    Instrumental issues play a larger part for World Tour I'm afraid. The drumset requires you to hit both cymbals to activate star power, which is not only an issue for throwing you off rhythm, but also messing up your combo since the cymbals aren't always responsive as they should be. And with vocals, you have to 'tap' the microphone hard to activate it? I'm sure that doesn't always work 100% of the time either.

I only have played the guitar parts mainly, vocals occasionally. The vocal part is fairly easy though as when you tap the mic, there's no vocals to be sung during those parts, so it's not like it interferes. As for the drums, i'll have to take your word on that as i've no co-ordination in my feet at all. ;)
    What I did or didn't expect is irrelevant to this discussion. Before the game's release, I recall someone along the lines within the development team commented they could make a 'near-perfect' version of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana. I'd say this more than put everyone's hopes up, and when the final release rolls around, we discover it's little better than a MIDI sequencer without the ability to add vocals. The song creator is boring, tedious and time consuming, and it was meant to be one of the features that set it apart from its competition, Rock Band 2.

Realistically, i think everyone knew it had no hope of defeating RB2. Even before it's press releases due to how GH3 paled in comparison to RB.
    Well is sort of does. How long's it gonna take you to get tired of playing the same setlist over and over again? You're probably gonna feel like a change sooner or later, but when you go to download new tracks, you'll find out there's nothing of interest to be found, so you stop playing. I feel lack of DLC support can adversely affect the game's replayability.

Ask a Wii or a PS2 user, you know, the ones who can't download songs? I', pretty sure that players aren't solely restricted to PS3 and 360 users.
    Plenty of challenging tracks on the Rock Band 2 setlist that's sure to have you fail once or twice. 'Panic Attack' by Dream Theater, 'Battery' by Metallica, 'Painkiller' by Judas Priest, 'Visions' by Abnormality, 'Souls of Black' by Testament, 'Peace Sells' by Megadeth... I could go on, and these are only the songs given to you on disc! There's 3 more Metallica tracks to download (...And Justice for All, Blackened, Ride the Lightning) that are challenging regardless of what instrument you play, not to mention a Yngwie Malmsteen pack among others.

Personally i found Love Spreads and Satch Boogie pretty challenging. I'm sure i'm not the only one.
    To me, World Tour has alot more weaknesses than strengths.

I'd tend to agree, I just think the reasons you listed in particular as to why, were somewhat flawed.

Matter of opinion on that one i'm afraid.

Exactly!
    I have to say, it grew on me. the RB games, although they're my preference, i find the guitar parts too easy on them. At least GH gives me somewhat of a challenge.

Get the Yngwie Malmsteen & Metallica packs... I don't think you can say they are not challenging... We were actually seeing how bad we could get without failing yesterday in GH:WT on Guitar... It really has a wider timing window, and such a bad "rock meter" level....
    Also, and this is probably just me, i found RB2 bloody terrible for AV Sync issues, even after correcting them. I've NEVER had that issue with any of the GH games on the 360.

Probably just you... I didn't have any issue, but then I have a good TV. "cedomination" says he finds the RB2 synching wierd in my house, but I reckon that's because he's used to playing it on a CRT in his house I think.... Nobody else can find anything "off-synch" about it.[/QUOTE]

Yep.. I found this too..

RB Good
    • DLC
    • "non-linear" style of play... You can just keep playing forever. In GH:WT, once you go through the list in a linear way, you feel like it's finished when done. Sure you can always keep playing, but it's not the same.
    • Vocals are done well on RB2
    • Drum fills are fun and help stop songs getting to repetitious. And also a good way of activating overdrive.

RB Bad
    • Drum fills provide an easy way of "cheating"
    • Guitar levels are generally easier than GH meaning boring for the better players.

GH:WT Good:
    • Countdown after unpausing
    • Sustain Holds (as in - when you hold a sustain, more come along)
    • New Guitar is designed a lot better. star power button ftw, and decently designed start button locations
    • Bass Guitar has non note strums meaning Bass now feels different to play than Guitar... Big WIN!
    GH:WT Bad:
    • Awful "solo" timing. You can do virtually anything and it'll combo the hell out of it.
    • Purple Bass Drum, and Bass Guitar notes are hard to see
    • The background of the note "road" thing is sometimes too bright
    • Can't change lefty flip between songs... meaning less good in a party situation
    • Star Power is hard to see properly in multiplayer
    • "Life" bar is tiny and absolutely horrible to see :/
    • Activating Star Power on Drums is annoying. (and off putting)
    • Vocals - lol

meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

WT song list felt very padded out to me.
    I mean, GH3 had how many easy (I mean gimme FC's)?
    Eh, Closer, MHL, WYWY, AiTUK, BoP, Slow Ride.
    ^^^
    Thats all IMO, by the way.

GHWT I FC'd 18 songs on my first day of trying for FC's.
    Maybe thats because I've improved though, but still I don't know....
    IMO, it tried to compensate for easy songs by tightening the timing window.
    And there's very few songs I just love playing.
    Hot for Teacher, Satch Boogie (nearly 5*d that :P), Sweet Home Alabama and Purple Haze. I HATE playing BYOB (I much prefer fretting to strumming, I don't mind Assassin though, maybe cause I love Muse :P, and its not as hard.)

And the hardware problems on WT, sweet ****!!
    My guitar broke after one day and lots of people on SH had that problem. I'm not going to comment on drums, cause I didn't get them (the drums, not the problem), but that seems widespread also.
    I did like the design, and the select button placement (not those tiny start buttons though) but it was a nuisance having to solder in a new switch.

Also, RB2's DLC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GHWT DLC.

The timing window of WT seems a lot better though after the "mash the buttons and combo anyway" timing window of GH3. Seems a little tighter than GH2, and I would have liked it better at GH2. :P

And someone complained about no vocal track on song creator, I can see why they did that. I mean come on, kids on XBOX Live. Enough said. A big long track going " *** **** ****** **** ****" eh.... I think you get my point :P

Also, in the words of Cully about GHWT "vocals-lol". RB DEFINITELY has a lot over WT on vocals. And on the subject of Vocals.
    " No Sleep to Brooklyn - Proving that ceiling fans can in fact be vocalists too" :P

And last of all, WTF is up with purple notes. Am I the only who NEVER uses the touch strip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

"Pinball Wizard" The Who
    "Spirit in the Sky" Norman Greenbaum
    "American Woman" The Guess Who
    "Aqualung" Jethro Tull
    "Bodhisattva" Steely Dan
    "Carry On Wayward Son" Kansas
    "Cool for Cats" Squeeze
    "Go Your Own Way" Fleetwood Mac
    "Hello There" Cheap Trick
    "Let There Be Rock" AC/DC
    "One Way or Another" Blondie
    "Psycho Killer" Talking Heads
    "Pump It Up" Elvis Costello
    "Ramblin' Man" The Allman Brothers Band
    "Rock'n Me" Steve Miller Band
    "Shooting Star" Bad Company
    "Tangled Up in Blue" Bob Dylan
    "The Trees" (Vault Edition) Rush

Sorry man, but that point bothered me. Those songs (and many others) are not in there to cater to the younger audiences. RB2 has a far superior setlist in terms of variety, and no repetition either. I love Ozzy and Hendrix, but 2/3 songs from each... No dice!

• Advertisement

Suffering sweet sh*t on a stick, i must have been smoking crack when I typed that. :(

Advertisement