Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert DWG. to Jpeg/PDF

Options
  • 22-11-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I mostly used 3D software, Edge, Solidworks, but on the rare occasions I use autocad(2000) I often need to send drawings to customers who have no software, I know I can import to edge or works and convert to a jpeg or pdf but I find I lose information, colours,etc. Any (free) software out there that will convert for me?

Just found this forum today, notice a few poker players posting here, we must have too much free time on our hands:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Try the command - "bitmap out". This will save the image in bmp format.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i use cutePDF writer, its free to download and you just set it up as a printer.
    if you find you are losing colours you should check your plotstyles.
    http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

once youre done with the dwg, hit file/export and select bitmap or metafile.

if space/bandwidth are an issue you can save the bmp as a jpeg later. word should be happy to accept bmp's. save all the views or layers in one word doc and email away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Try Cuteprinter or PDF factory - both act as printers, so any drawing, or document, at any scale in any colour can be made into a pdf.

Cuteprinter is slightly slower, while pdf factory has a link automatically printed on the page. Both are free and well worth using.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cute PDF gets my vote,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrPreachan

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the solutions, I'll give cutepdf a go it looks pretty simple.:)
    Mr.P

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

PrimoPDF is what i use, works as a printer to PDF file. Same as the ones above I am sure. Works with anything that you can print.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Mellor wrote: »
    cute PDF gets my vote,
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

If you like Cuteprinter then try PDFFactoryPro.
    It prints faster, gives an automatic page preview, prints name of page (paper space) as title of file, can add author or "Copyright of ****" on the page - useful if sending drawings to clients.

I like it as I can sent "Joe Bloggs Plan", fast as an pdf attachment. Later I can email Joe a "Joe Bloggs PlanA" - name automatically generated from my drawing name. Save pdf as a small file of revisions, saves space and drawings are easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

I found this very usefull. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

pdfcreator http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
    does loads of formats as well as pdf you can even set it up as a network printer

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Jayo11780

Cute pdf is yer only man....
    every design office in ireland is using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 JimmyJazz

jozi wrote: »
    +1

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Hi,

You can save your DWG as PDF in CAD

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

You print to PDF

Download cutepdf or pdf995 and install it. To print t PDF is the same as printing to a printer

Advertisement