Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Vista. wont let my programs connect to the net

• 22-11-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

My internet is fine. i can surf the net grand but when one of my programs for eg skype tries to connetct they cant. Can anyone help me with this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Are you running firewall software like zone alarm, Norton Internet security or the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

Go to control panel, click on windows firewall and then "allow a program through windows firewall" There should be a list of all your programs. Just tick the one you want to allow through the firewall.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 techtonic

which programmes should i allow through

i dont think it is my firewall. i turned it off and the programmes stil cant connect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

what firewall did ya turn off, the windows one or ur router firewall, are ya sure only 1 was turned on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

whos your internet with? I got my internet through an apartment server in my first year of college and the bitch specifically blocked everything from accessing the internet (skype, ventrilo, torrent, etc)

im with bt and i dont think this is the problem. Skype works fine on my housemates computer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

is your housemate using port forwarding to get skype working? Its possible he is using up the Ports that skype needs to use for his own connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jite

Hi I am new to the forum, and I have been experiencing the same problem as the author of the thread.

Here are the Facts:
    1. No updated or newly installed programs can connect to the internet.
    2. Only using Windows Firewall.
    3. Programs still blocked regardless of whether firewall is on/off.
    4. Programs supposedly are allowed to get through according to windows firewall.
    5. This has been occuring since Nov 20th.
    Any suggestions/help?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Try using system restore. It may very likely be caused by a vista update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jite

I tried system restore, and no luck.

Any other ideas?

Advertisement