Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bus lane abusers!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Duzzie

SteveC wrote: »
    I agree but I'd say this is impossible to police though, all the driver has to do is say he's on his way to pick up a fare.

I agree 100% it is a daft law that is completely un-enforcable. It is however the law. My problem is with the OP who has come on here on his/her high horse, holyer than though, spouting about the illegal use of bus lanes when in fact there are probably more taxi using bus lanes illegally than anyone else. The law may be an ass, but it is the law. It is very hypocritical of a taxi driver to be filming such illegal manouveures trying to get the driver done when in all likelyhood they are driving in the bus lane in an equally illegal way.

Scania580 wrote: »
    There are 2000 illegal taxis, operating in the greater dublin area at the moment.yes i agree that there are people driving taxis that shouldnt be allowed on the road, ive been bulled off the road too by these idiots!
    i put the camera there for a good reason,xpert taxis already have interior cameras,continental trucks are now being fitted with motion sensor cameras,that are activated by sudden movements.
    The camera never lies,i will name and shame every piece of idiot driving i catch on my camera!

Straight answer. Do you only use the bus lane when you have a fare or are on the way to a fare. If you pick someone up at a taxi rank and drop them off, on the way back to the rank, do you sit in traffic along with everyone else or do you use the bus lanes???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

What a pathetic little crusade you're on.

Obviously something missing from your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

There are 2000 illegal taxis, operating in the greater dublin area at the moment.y

Lol at the Tommy Gorman Propaganda, I seem to remeber that articl with a quote from the garda saying 'No such incidents reported to them' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Carturo wrote: »
    What a pathetic little crusade you're on.

Obviously something missing from your life.

+1

For gods sake get a life man. Nobody cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

But you can't use the videos in court and without evidence they can't be prosecuted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

But you can't use the videos in court

And why's that then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sean_K wrote: »
    And why's that then?

Can't you not use amature footage in courts?
    Doesn't it have to be actual security footage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

edanto wrote: »

Is this your video, OP?

I'd question whether you should be using your video camera to follow diplomatic registered cars in the bus lane, or whether you should use it to report the black van that broke the lights at 2:02 (it turns left off the road at 2:44, you'd have been able to get the reg at that point).

You should also be reporting the silver Nissan Maxima Taxi that repeatedly wanders across the white line and changes lanes without indicating (that being said, they do indicate when they're halfway through the maneuver, so that makes it a little more acceptable... :rolleyes:).

Also, and I may stand to be corrected on this, but I thought that the solid white line that delineates the edge of the Bus Lane designates it as a separate carriageway, and as such you shouldn't cross it (I didn't think you were supposed to cross any solid white line).

Also, at 3:03, you seem to change lanes while crossing an intersection. I was always told that changing lane on an intersection was very poor driving practice. I'm not sure if it's illegal.
    The camera never lies,i will name and shame every piece of idiot driving i catch on my camera!

Fair play to you, that Beemer really seemed to be impeding your progress...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

.Im allowed in the lane because im a licenced taxi,

Hav you aways got a fare when in the bus lane?

AudiChris wrote: »
    I'd love to stick a camera in my car and report all the taxi drivers who pull out infront of me without indicating, park blocking lanes and think it's ok because they have their hazards on, and all the other bullying behaviors that I see displayed by Taxi drivers.

Theres also pulling in at the corners of junctions with the "stop anywhee" lights on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

how about reporting your fellow taxi men? lets face it,they are the most dangeous things in dublin city centre.

there were double parked at the taxi rank on o'connell street at 8pm last night, pulling out with indicating. coming to a complete standstill with no warning

hmmm, may be i will start doing that instead and sending to the taxi regulator who wont do anything about it, just like the amount of times i have phoned up with taxi drivers numbers and name to be told they dont exist in their database.

Saw this last night too. Gardai jeep came up and made the ones not in the rank move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Hey OP, I know it's been posted already but it wasn't answered.

You are not supposed to be in the bus lane unless you have a fare or are on the way to collect a fare.
    If you are going to take a "holier than thou" attitude can you confirm you never drive in the bus lane when you are not supposed to?

Like if you are cruising around looking for fares, do you stay out of the bus lane?

Do you work in Dublin? Work near Connolly Station rank or maybe Aston quay rank? Please tell your comrades the rank has a set amount of space and exceeding this only results in blocking a lane of traffic and adding to congestion. The gardai put down no parking cones by Connolly Station. Do you know why the drivers put these on the footpath? Ye are supposed to be experienced drivers, so show it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Scania580

im not trying to get at people that drive in the bus lane for a few hundred yards before they turn left.Im only interested in the p*** takers, those that drive in rush hour traffic for 2 miles in the bus lanes.Its the serial abusers im interested in exposing.Yes i have driven in the bus lane with no fare onboard,and if i got stopped and fined i wont whinge about it.At rush hour most taxis have passangers on board,or are on their way to a pick up.between 10am and 4pm most taxis do very little around dublin so bus lane abusers will only appear on my you tube video if they are caught on camera during rush hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

OP - What a complete busy body you are ! :mad:

Get a life and get on with your job. Your Job which is not to police the roads.

It slightly angers me to think there are people like you out there.

Its like taxi driver years ago that kept ringing the Jurys Inn in Limerick telling them unless they take down the Irish flag precisely at sunset he will report them to the head office. I wanted to wrap the flag around his neck.

I said in the you tube video that that the bmw was overtaking a taxi which was in the slow lane,i ment to say ,the bus lane!sorry for any confusion caused.I was on my way from bray to vincents hospital with a wheelchair patient when i filmed that car.it was monday 17th nov. at aprox 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

This really is laughable, a taxi driver trying to show up other peoples bad driving habits.

Why not just follow the lad that leaves the rank in front of you next time?

Especially if he's one of them "bleedin fordiners, fcuking black raping/robbing/murdering cnuts". Taxi drivers seem to have found a new level of vitriol for these particular members of their trade. The cheek of them, taking advantage of deregulation and trying to make a living.

im not trying to get at people that drive in the bus lane for a few hundred yards before they turn left.Im only interested in the p*** takers, those that drive in rush hour traffic for 2 miles in the bus lanes.Its the serial abusers im interested in exposing.Yes i have driven in the bus lane with no fare onboard,and if i got stopped and fined i wont whinge about it.At rush hour most taxis have passangers on board,or are on their way to a pick up.between 10am and 4pm most taxis do very little around dublin so bus lane abusers will only appear on my you tube video if they are caught on camera during rush hour!

And what gives you the authority to decide who is breaking the law a little bit and who is taking the pee?? By you own admission you use the bus lanes when you dont have a fare, so what exactly gives you the right to determine who is a bus lane abuser and who should be reported to the Gards?? I hope that you have reported yourself as you are breaking the law as much as any of the cars you video by using the bus lane in a taxi with no fare or where you are not travelling to a fare, you know that you are very unlikely to be stopped for doing it but it is equally illegal as a private car using the bus lane. That is hypocracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'll admit, I've been cheeky every now-and-again and driven in the bus lane to skip a line of traffic because I was in a hurry.

My philosophy was that, if I get away with it, fine! If I get caught, also fine!
    If I chanced my arm and I got caught, then no problem. I'll put my hands up and take the lecture/fine.
    Yes i have driven in the bus lane with no fare onboard,and if i got stopped and fined i wont whinge about it.

Wow, it seems we agree on the "flexibility" of the law then... yet somehow what you're doing seems petty and hypocritical to me.

Edit: Duzzie beat me to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Fuppin' hell!
    I knew taxi drivers had all sorts of chips on their shoulders but this takes the cake (assuming it's not a troll).
    The gards will do nothing about the diplomatic beemer because even if they stopped it, the driver would not be obliged to identify himself. The gard would have to apply to the embassy the BMW was registered to, to try and discover who was driving. He would be stonewalled in all likelihood and give up out of frustration.
    If you spent more of your time concentrating on your own driving, rather than flying along bus lanes, tailing foreign diplomats, the roads would be that little bit safer.

I think you have some anger management issues! your gripe is obviously with your own life.try find another medium to vent your obvious fustration or better try doing something positive with your life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I think you have some anger management issues! your gripe is obviously with your own life.try find another medium to vent your obvious fustration or better try doing something positive with your life!

I agree, he should become a taxi driver and vent his frustrations/rascist opinions/political theories/general bull**** on the general public while being paid to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

This thread makes me laugh a Taxi driver pointing out the flaws of others haha legend :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the time I was driving in a deactivated bus lane and a taxi driver got all raged and literally followed me bumper to bumper and every given chance tried to pass me out in the normal lane. He eventually overtook me and then drove back into bus lane in front of me and jammed on. Nearly making me hit him. Then he was so enraged he did an illegal Uturn at a set of lights by turning left at lights, then just then u turning there and then to go back to the right as he missed the right turn by arguing with me. Joke was on him an unmarked Garda car saw the whole thing. Dumb fook. Garda took my statement and then had some choice words for this clown and gave him a ticket. Taxi drivers excuse I should not have been in Bus lane even though it was inactive and the ironic thing even if it was he didnt have a passenger.

Scania580 you picked the wrong place looking for sympathy are you not aware Taxis pee all of us off as for the reasons others have explained. I drove a truck for 4 years and was forever getting into near misses with Taxis. One thing I learnt driving a truck, Do not break the law as I need my licence to earn money. Seems most taxi drivers forget that simple fact.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I said in the you tube video that that the bmw was overtaking a taxi which was in the slow lane,i ment to say ,the bus lane!sorry for any confusion caused.I was on my way from bray to vincents hospital with a wheelchair patient when i filmed that car.it was monday 17th nov. at aprox 9am
    So was yours the video that edanto linked to here. If so then you said you were heading to Bewleys hotel...:confused:

I smell pork pies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I said in the you tube video that that the bmw was overtaking a taxi which was in the slow lane,i ment to say ,the bus lane!sorry for any confusion caused
    1. No such thing as a slow lane in Ireland
    2. A passenger is entitled to a "quiet and peaceful journey". Exact wording may be different but I've seen it on an information card in taxis

If I was in your cab and you were yapping into a microphone the whole way there I'd soon be getting another cab.
    STFU and drive your cab and be happy and take some pride in your job. I've read about London cabbies polishing their cabs at ranks and passing an amazingly complex test called The Knowledge. Have you that kind of dedication and skill? Try it, it'll take your mind off being so negative

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This thread makes me laugh .

It makes me cry

closed before there is bloodshed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement