Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calina and photography forums.

Options
  • 22-11-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

I am just as fed up posting here complaining about her as you are probs reading about it.
    She warned Gandalf and I to stop derailing a thread and we did...
    1 hour and 3 minutes later she bans both of us for a week.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055424205&page=4
    :rolleyes:
    Can she not just be moved to a diff forum to Mod??
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

The hour was involved because the other user is a photography mod also and I frankly am not allowed technically to ban them because I do not have the auhority.

Hence the technical issues I mentioned to you in the PM which I sent you recently.

I personally have had enough hassle coming to Feedback defending myself against your rants against being moderated. It is seven days for off topic flaiming. I'm sorry it's necessary but i wasn't the one doing the flaming.

I am sorry that you had to wait one hour for your ban. I am sick of banning you and infracting you and warning youl. Unfortunately you are not the only poster in photography and so I am not at liberty to let you mess around the way you have on every single occasion that you have been banned or warned.

Calina wrote: »

Hence the technical issues I mentioned to you in the PM which I sent you recently.

this has only just been submitted but the point stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

You warned both of us to stop derailing a thread with our personal disagreement, we did, you still proceeded to ban. :rolleyes:
    If you were going to ban us why give a warning? You either wanted to ban or you didn't?

this has only just been submitted but the point stands.
    I pm'd you to dispute the ban, only reason why you replied the 2nd time, 1st ban was just the automated one.

I pm'd you to dispute the ban, only reason why you replied the 2nd time, 1st ban was just the automated one.

I actually have tio fill in bits of the automated one just in case you didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gandalf's ban is harsh imo, he didn't post again after she warned the pair of you. However, I don't feel any sympathy for you, you were warned and yet you posted again a minute after being warned, what did you expect? I would have done exactly the same thing had that been in one of the forums I mod.

That post within a minute was just that, I never seen her post!!!!!
    Look at the size of the post, not everyone is 60 words per min.

That post within a minute was just that, I never seen her post!!!!!
    Look at the size of the post, not everyone is 60 words per min.

Fair enough, you were posting at the same time. Doesn't mean you can't delete your post after seeing her warning though, does it?

In the interests of fairness AR may not have seen the inthread message before he sumbitted that last post. that being said it should not have been necessary for me to issue an inthread warning.

Zaph wrote: »
    Fair enough, you were posting at the same time. Doesn't mean you can't delete your post after seeing her warning though, does it?
    I never knew I was banned til an hour later!
    I often post and thats that, I don't double check to see if it landed on the forum!!
    Honestly!!

• Advertisement

In the interests of fairness AR may not have seen the inthread message before he sumbitted that last post. that being said it should not have been necessary for me to issue an inthread warning.
    Which is why I can't understand the ban, to be fair to Gandalf he was the lesser of the "badboys"
    I pm'd him b4 the ban after his last post and assumed we'd sorted it...
    Bottom line is I can handle a weeks ban, but I still think it was an incorrect decision.
    Thats my final word on the matter.
    :)

You never understand the ban or warning. That is why you personally have dragged me through Feedback more than any other user. I see you have also requested I be demodded from photography in your original post here.
    I am just as fed up posting here complaining about her as you are probs reading about it.
    She warned Gandalf and I to stop derailing a thread and we did...
    1 hour and 3 minutes later she bans both of us for a week.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...5424205&page=4

Can she not just be moved to a diff forum to Mod??

The ban stands. What you and gandalf agree via PM is not relevant to me. What matters is what you both post in public in thread. That is what I have to deal with.

I never knew I was banned til an hour later!
    I often post and thats that, I don't double check to see if it landed on the forum!!
    Honestly!!

I'm not calling your honesty into question here, but look at this from a mod's perspective. A warning is posted on-thread, and 1 minute later a further off-topic post appears. What is a mod to think other than the poster is taking the píss? Even allowing for the fact that both the poster and mod could have been posting at the same time, the fact that a poster can delete their post and didn't can only be viewed as wilfully ignoring a mod instruction. As the warning was in the post immediately before the final off-topic post, again a mod would have to assume it had been seen and was being deliberately ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH I have accepted the ban.

I stood down as a mod in Photography over 2 weeks ago but the admins have not gotten around to de-modding me from there so at the moment I am staying out of Photography for a week as a mod cannot be banned by a co-mod.

I have no problems with the ban, its my first on boards. I went over the line and I accept that and I also pushed the thread off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

This whole thing is turning a bit personal. Why don't the three of you PM each other and sort it out. It'll get much less messy than the slag-fest it will become here. Bans really should be a very very last resort, and shouldn't be chucked about because someone has posted something at the same time as you issuing a warning.'If you can have a civil PM convo, then surely you can rescind the bans and set some boundaries for the future. It'll be more useful for you long term, than just repeatedly banning thesame user.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Speaking only as a user, not as an admin:

The only thing I thought was dodgy was that Gandalf allowed himself to be baited into it too, most likely in the "f*ck it, the ban will be worth it" sort of way.

Everything I've seen from you AR has been negative and to be honest, a bit nasty. You seem to be a ball of negative energy as far as I can see and I would not be in mourning if you never used the site again. I cant say I have ever said that before but you seem to be looking for a fight all the time and I can live with out that especially considering you bring so little of a positive nature here. Sorry, but as I said, i'm speaking purely as another user. I obviously have the power to make that come true but thats a different line I wont cross.

If this seems harsh, I'm sorry but thats how I feel and maybe you should hear that from some people. If thats not how you are , you might want to sit back and take more then a minute over your posts because thats how you come off, as a spoilt brat who's whinging and looking for a row over anything and happy to bait others into joining you for a fight.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ps: the photography mods do an awesome job and the chances of changing my mind on that are zero.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I concur with DeVore.

I think communities, online or otherwise are based on 'give a little, take a little, live a little', and AR, I find that you just seem to 'provoke a little' too much, and yet, give so little. And when you do that, it stops people from 'living a little'.

Every little helps. But in your case, I don't think so.

I was surprised that gandalf took his ban so gracefully, but perhaps he has his own reasons for that...

EDIT: And, also, in this place, unless it is the general consensus of almost everyone that a mod isn't doing good in some forum, then s/he stays there unless s/he or the admins decide otherwise. If you don't like the mod in that forum, then vote with your mouse, and stop using that forum.

DeVore wrote: »
    The only thing I thought was dodgy was that Gandalf allowed himself to be baited into it too, most likely in the "f*ck it, the ban will be worth it" sort of way.

Yep thats exactly as it was.
    nevf wrote: »
    I was surprised that gandalf took his ban so gracefully, but perhaps he has his own reasons for that...

I took the ban gracefully as such because I knew deep down if I was modding the thread in question I would have banned myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

gandalf wrote: »
    I took the ban gracefully as such because I knew deep down if I was modding the thread in question I would have banned myself.
    I doubt I'd be so gracious, frankly.

Bottom line, imo, you stuck your neck out to defend the Admins of this site, and got banned without warning.

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    I doubt I'd be so gracious, frankly.

Bottom line, imo, you stuck your neck out to defend the Admins of this site, and got banned without warning.

LOL you should have seen the unedited version of the reply. Luckily I counted to 10 before I posted that one :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

whats the thread in question? ;)

[EDIT NEVERMIND) :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Shouldn't this have been posted in the Help Desk?

I think we're done here.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement