Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calderon offers €120,000 to win next five !

• 22-11-2008 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has reportedly offered €120,000 bonus to each player if they are to win the next five games against:

Recreativo
    BATE Borisov
    Getafe
    Sevilla
    Zenit st Petersburg

The players also got €30,000 bonus last season for beating Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

Is this unheard of in league football ? I heard of it in cup competitions obviously but league games ! All I can think is that this is a desperate motivational effort on of the part of the Real Madrid president.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/1186279.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Hahahah, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

redout wrote: »
    All I can think is that this is a desperate motivational effort on of the part of the Real Madrid president.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/1186279.html

Hoping to take pressure off himself I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

If it applies to the first team squad then we are talking about €28,800,000 which is a considerable chunk of change. How in the name of god could they justify that and better still where would they get it ! It's not as if they have an extra €30 million floating about. It also states they will get even more if they beat Barca is december.

I suppose a smart man would tell you that they wont win the next five league games in the first place going on current form. All the same how about they offered to drop players if they did not win the next five games instead of offering a financial incentive. It would probably garner better results !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

How they wished they just took the hit and met Robinho's salary demands now... Hindsight really is a beautiful thing. It'll be grand though, they'll sign Huntelaar, Aguero, Villa, Benzema and Tevez in the transfer window... :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

#
    Is this unheard of in league football ? I heard of it in cup competitions obviously but league games !#

Seems normal enough in Spain, itd be fairly usual for say Real to offer whoever Barca are playing a win bonus towards the end of the season.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    Seems normal enough in Spain, itd be fairly usual for say Real to offer whoever Barca are playing a win bonus towards the end of the season.

Yes now you mention it I have heard of that, but only a third the way through the season ! WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

If it applies to the first team squad then we are talking about €28,800,000 which is a considerable chunk of change. How in the name of god could they justify that and better still where would they get it ! It's not as if they have an extra €30 million floating about. It also states they will get even more if they beat Barca is december.

I suppose a smart man would tell you that they wont win the next five league games in the first place going on current form. All the same how about they offered to drop players if they did not win the next five games instead of offering a financial incentive. It would probably garner better results !

Unless they've got 240 players in their first team squad, your figures are way off!:D It's €2.8m and Calderon is desperate at the moment, so he'll do anything.

Oops ! misread the calculator. Still, €3.5 million (add Barca bonus) in a recession (which Spain is in) is just nuts ! THESE GUYS ARE VERY WELL PAID AS IT IS. Still think my suggestion above would garner better results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Such an hilarious club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

actions of a desperate man, i'd take this with a pinch of salt, and i cant see them winning those games tbh.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

God forbid players try their best to win anyway being on around €100,000 a week.

One down Four to go.

Recreativo 1 - 0 Sneijder (deflection)
    BATE Borisov
    Getafe
    Sevilla
    Zenit st Petersburg

Getafe 3 - 1 Real Madrid

Just arrived back from the game. Poor sods could not even reach halfway. Ah well, Ramon can tuck away his €2.8 million to add to his Ronaldo war chest.

Great to see the best player in the world bagged a brace in the other game.
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Getafe 3 - 1 Real Madrid

Just arrived back from the game. Poor sods could not even reach halfway. Ah well, Ramon can tuck away his €2.8 million to add to his Ronaldo war chest.

Great to see the best player in the world bagged a brace in the other game.
    Barça! Barça! Baaarça!

tastes like.......... lemon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

@ redout. It looked like there was no one at the game. Loads of empty seats. Whats the story there? Tickets too dear or what?

Great nights results :)

Advertisement