Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Moblile Broadband f**k up!

Options
  • 22-11-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I purchased O2 moblile broadband on a student offer for €13 per month about 1 month ago. I found it worked pretty well and was pretty fast downloading also. Anyway I quickly exceeded my 10GB per month download limit after about a week and was told that any further downloads would cost me extra money on the bill (2c per MB). So with this, I stoped downloading films,music etc. and just continued to use it for browsing the web on a daily basis. I had to download a few files such as college notes every now and again and these were usually pretty small files, so I wasn't too worried about the extra few quid on the bill. Anyway being the techniphobe idiot that I am, I was totally obvlivious to the fact that by just using the internet I was still downloading. So now I get landed with a bill of €280 :eek: for all the additional downloads. I should probably add that I play online poker for a living and usually play for about 4 hours per day. Running poker sites software was definitely the main reason for this huge bill as they are constantly downloading things all the time to your server.
    So now i'm pretty much f**ked coz this broadband is useless to me. I don't have a landline in my flat so i cannot get eircom BB. Any alternatives out there that would allow unlimited downloads?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Aren't you still going to be under contract with O2?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

unless your prepared to get a phoneline installed and pay alot more then the norm then there are no other options for unlimited packes.

You'd be fine if you browsed the web and checked e-mail and played poker but downloading movies etc is just pointless on mobile broadband especially with a 10GB cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Advertisement