Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitten is in a bad way

Options
  • 22-11-2008 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

just needed to air my sadness of my kittie who is sadly in a coma at the moment, i took her to the vet this morning who prescribed her antibiotic but said she was fine....FINE...if she was fine she wouldnt be half dead on the floor where i found her 2 hours later.
    i think its best to let her go now,so i have left her with her mum on my bed to pass with love as im really not sure what to do. im overwraught with guilt and its just sad to see.
    why couldnt the vet see this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

Aw you poor thing. Did the vet say what he thought was wrong? Do you think perhaps a second opinion from another vet would do any good??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Contact the vet NOW, this might be some allergic reaction to the antibiotic he prescribed.
    Phone and get an emergency appointment, even if your vet is closed, they'll have phone numbers for 24 hour vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

the vet said its too late

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

I'm really sorry to hear about your kitten - I'd ring the vet and get him around - you never know.

I really hope the cat pulls through - best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

Any update?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clare1

Ye I agree. Contact the vet on the emergency number - hopefully kittie can be saved. Fingers crossed

Advertisement