Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbelievable...

Options
  • 22-11-2008 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtRRv3RV7_s&feature=related

Why do Religious people ALWAYS use the argument of "Who created this amazing universe?" ...
    to proove their must be a creator ??

don't they see that this argument is COMPLETELY self defeating !!! ??

They are just transferring the question to a bigger more complex being being created out of nothing ... rather then a chaotic unordered universe after the big bang ...

And i know it's FOX NEWS ... but it just pisses me off ... also why doesn't the Athiest on the show point this out !!!

I saw Dawkins arguing with that idiot O' Reilly once and he didn't point this out either ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Hitchens is great, if not a little lacking in wit. He clearly knows what he's talking about but lacks a certain edge that, say, Harris or Dawkins usually do. I love how uncompromising he is. He specifically used the words contempt and hostility in describing his position in regard to religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

jackdaw wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtRRv3RV7_s&feature=related

They are just transferring the question to a bigger more complex being being created out of nothing ... rather then a chaotic unordered universe after the big bang .

They believe their god exists outside of time (no beginning or end) therefore god is not subject to this type of logical scrutiny. How do they know that? God says he is eternal, so it must be so. A logical hoop which they have glossed over with the words 'it's a mystery'.

Bill O'Reilly getting completely getting destroyed and making an ass of himself on his own show (quality isn't great but keep watching it gets hilarious towards the end, and the guest is absolutely right):

More unbelievable things. I just heard a priest say "the incredible of geological reality out there" in what I can only imagine was the most stupid attempt at pushing a creationist argument I've ever heard. The host responds by saying yes, childbirth also makes people believe. No really:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

About 40 seconds in he utters the line "I have a lot of atheist friends but ..."

Ever notice how its always the racist jackass who says "A lot of my friends are black but ..." followed by some comment about affirmative action or head measurements. Same **** different catagory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Lads, what more do you expect from the ignorant brain donors at Fox news?

Pointless even getting worked up over their ridiculous tripe. Just lol at them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

LOL !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Zillah wrote: »

The eye.... the eye????? THE EYE?!!?!?!?!?!?? That's the best he can come up with. If he is actively reading such books, as he claims he is then surely he has read the Origin of Species which gave a step by step guide as to how the eye evolved.
    Why do people call childbirth a miracle? It happens every day and is a completely naturally occurring biological event. Nothing miraculous about it. It's no more a miracle than a donkey's ability to walk.
    Also, since when is atheism new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Why do Religious people ALWAYS use the argument of "Who created this amazing universe?" ...
    to prove their must be a creator ??

They aren't trying to prove a creator. It's just propaganda

They are just transferring the question to a bigger more complex being being created out of nothing ... rather then a chaotic unordered universe after the big bang ...
    What I'm sick of seeing is this crap retort trotted out as if it's the golden gun of logic. I've thought about the universe, life ect and thought, how can something be from nothing and had the big 'Also sprach Zarathustra' orchestra music go off in my head. Doesn't meen I got a question out of it. What's the point in asking a question no-one has an answer for?

Apologies, but this whole exchange just looks vacuous and empty to me.

Advertisement