Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size fuse for your pc and appliances..

Options
  • 22-11-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

I was just fixing up a new monitor on my desk and it got me thinking.

Whenever I am moving around my computer or other stuff all I do is take the nearest "kettle lead" and plug it into my appliance.. But different appliances have different fuse requirements..

Here is the way mine are currently fused..

Monitors - 5A
    Computer - 10A

There isn't much about this online but I saw a quick eBay guide that says pc's should use a 5A fuse or older pc's could get away with a 3A...Anything higher and you run the risk of damage (or fire!) in he event of a power surge.

Im sure I picked the 10A for my pc at random..Should I change it for a 5A, it has a 650W PSU(corsair).

I'd consider it too be a fairly serious issue as you could get a surge anytime..As for a surge protector im sure I should have one of them but have never used one before(obviously never lost equipment to a power surge either!)

Do you guys ever think about this or just choose leads at random?

Do you ever wonder what size fuse in your "kettle lead" when plugging in your stuff? 0 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I never think about this to be honest.
    I always use a surge protector though.

I think the only time I have ever worried about
    fuses was with sets of speakers.

Advertisement