Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I have been victim of major road rage- action to take?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭SomeDude

The title of this thread needs to be changed. This is by no stretch of the imagination a "major" road rage incident. Granted the person that confronted you was out of control and her actions cannot be justified. Unfortunately there are a lot of muppets like her out there. However, thankfully nobody was injured and no damage done to any vehicles. My advise would be to wash your car and try to forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

This is what major road rage is:
    From CyclingNews
    Quote:
    Cyclist loses leg in alleged road rage attack

By Rosee Woodland, BikeRadar.com

A cyclist in Toronto has had to have his leg amputated after a row with a cab driver allegedly turned nasty. Police yesterday said the cyclist lost his leg after a cab reversed and pinned him to a utility pole.
    Police said in a news release that Sultan Ahmed, 38, of Maple has been charged with:

Criminal negligence causing bodily harm
    Dangerous operation causing bodily harm
    Fail to stop at scene of accident bodily harm
    Obstruct peace officer
    Aggravated assault
    Assault with weapon

It is understood the alleged weapon described in the charge sheet is Ahmed's taxi.

Sergeant Tim Burrows told the Ottawa Citizen that Toronto police have charged motorists with using a vehicle as a weapon on previous occasions. "Common? Yes and no," he said. "We had a very similar case in 1995. It's not unheard of."

The incident happened on November 14, but because the cyclist had to undergo three operations and was heavily sedated, it was some time before police could get a clear picture of what happened.

Ahmed was due to appear in court today.

^

I suspect speeding was the root cause of that accident :rolleyes:
    Hi all,
    I am wondering what action can I take for another driver banging on my car window, screaming at me and throwing things at my car, while I am stopped at lights?
    This was while I was stopped on a busy street with people watching.
    I have reported it to Traffic Watch and said I'd be happy to make a statement.
    Is there anything else I can do?
    Some of what this person threw at my car is still on the car (food item).

OP let it go, some of us get 'Red Mist' every once and a while, unless they damaged your car I can see nothing but hassle in this cae. i.e Garda knock at drivers door, "Sorry I was carpeting the spare bedroom must have been some else or a reg mistake"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

^ I suspect speeding was the root cause of that accident :rolleyes:
    Yes indeed, speeding is the root of all (road) evil.

I must say you have a very odd concept of what an 'accident' is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'll give you road rage.

I was driving home from work, and the traffic was unbelievable as part of the Dublin road was closed. Anywho, coming up to a round about and absolutely no traffic was moving. Just edging bit by bit, so i started edging bit by bit onto the roundabout. Next thing i hear the horn blasting beside me. Light burst. I look then to see the smallest, oldest woman i've ever seeing driving (in a Golf Nissan Micra) beeping at me and giving me the figure.

I swear, i never laughed so hard in my life..... Dirty road rage

Advertisement