Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardest / most enjoyable projects so far

• 22-11-2008 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

What have been ye're hardest / most enjoyable projects so far this year?? As in, what was the topic.

I'd have to say that mine was definitely on Intrusion Detection Systems. So much information to filter through. Most enjoyable has to be one I'm working on at the moment to do with video games.

I'd imagine some ye engineering heads would have a few doozies...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

playing with lego. its the only thing i have to do until christmas but its because i ****ed up some subject last year and they gave me this instead :(

i actually prefer the old subject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Most enjoyable so far has been making the game in Alice for Algorithmic Problem solving. The program is a bit bugging and annoying at times but mostly its good and lecturer is good too. Harded has been networking but thats only really because the lecturer we have hasn't thought us much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

towel401 wrote: »
    playing with lego

:rolleyes: i wish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

suppafly wrote: »
    Harded has been networking

always the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I love networking....mmmm

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I love networking....mmmm

subnets taste good :P like noodles

Variable length subnet mask networks are even nicer :p

Variable length subnet mask networks are even nicer :p

too complicated for me

Nah....its all fun. I'm off to get my CCNA soon enough now but im begining to hate Cisco. Linux FTW now, i'm digging into Asterisk these days....lovely stuff

btw look at my lovely tutorial on Cisco in Net & Comms - Tutorial Thread. All in one lab. It not that bad really... :)

Nah....its all fun. I'm off to get my CCNA soon enough now but im begining to hate Cisco. Linux FTW now, i'm digging into Asterisk these days....lovely stuff

cisco is bad ****. took me about 6 hours to install an IP phone that sort of randomly decided to empty out it's firmware. ya know i just switched it on and realised the firmware had disappeared. they have a whole business eco system built around making complicated / obscure systems and having people pay for training on how to use them

• Advertisement

I'm losing interest in Cisco now, its too corporate and proprietary. I'm off to the Open Source world these days anyways. My FYP going O.S. as well....look good on the CV like, contributing to the community ;)

Advertisement