Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please im lost on what to do!!

Options
  • 22-11-2008 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

heya, well im a student living beside UCC and there is no driveway in the house where I live and i have to park my car out on the street. Except it gets covered in eggs every single night, the only one on the entire road that does.. No one up here knows me and the car is quite expensive so I worried what will happen it next i.e. windows smashed etc... its already after getting the paintwork permanently damaged.. is there anything at all i can do?? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Report it to the Guards for definite anyway, they'll have to file a report on it and they may keep an eye on the place.

Any chance you could park it in a mates place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Fabio wrote: »
    Report it to the Guards for definite anyway, they'll have to file a report on it and they may keep an eye on the place.
    Any chance you could park it in a mates place?

Besides that there is not much more you can do. Unless you, and a few friends, are prepared to lay in wait for the thugs and tackle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Webcam out the window with image capture turned on, at least then you will know around what time the scum are around and can pass this info on, or use it to..

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Twinksno1flan

I sat on the floor for two weeks once and only slept in the late hours of the night. I had moved into an empty shop and squatted it for nearly 3 years, I left it in better nick than when I arrived. The guy in the shop next door threatened me when I was moving in. I had no money, food or almost any of the things required to get by, 91 recession. Anyway I sat there waiting for him as he told me he was going to get me. After two weeks nothing happened and I went about near normal living. I was on the floor with a nail bar from the 26 dec 91 until about the 8 of january, I never left by the front door as his house was in direct view and I was prepared to fight for my life to stay there.The lights were never turned on , food was brought to me and it really was war footing, It turned out he thought I would rob his shop but he was in fact a criminal himself. If you wait for them and it happens every night you will catch them. If I lived near you I would catch them for you, these people are trying to get to you and are partially succeeding, don't let that happen.

In the two weeks I sat looking out the window the cops walked down the street once, yes once and the cop shop is 400 metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

I sat on the floor for two weeks once and only slept in the late hours of the night. I had moved into an empty shop and squatted it for nearly 3 years, I left it in better nick than when I arrived. The guy in the shop next door threatened me when I was moving in. I had no money, food or almost any of the things required to get by, 91 recession. Anyway I sat there waiting for him as he told me he was going to get me. After two weeks nothing happened and I went about near normal living. I was on the floor with a nail bar from the 26 dec 91 until about the 8 of january, I never left by the front door as his house was in direct view and I was prepared to fight for my life to stay there.The lights were never turned on , food was brought to me and it really was war footing, It turned out he thought I would rob his shop but he was in fact a criminal himself. If you wait for them and it happens every night you will catch them. If I lived near you I would catch them for you, these people are trying to get to you and are partially succeeding, don't let that happen.

In the two weeks I sat looking out the window the cops walked down the street once, yes once and the cop shop is 400 metres away.

Maybe she should just park the car elsewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

If you are thinking for lying in wait for these people, Lidl have a set of nightvision yokes for 120 yoyos. Could come in handy for a stake out ;)

Gluck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Seinas wrote: »
    heya, well im a student living beside UCC and there is no driveway in the house where I live and i have to park my car out on the street. Except it gets covered in eggs every single night, the only one on the entire road that does.. No one up here knows me and the car is quite expensive so I worried what will happen it next i.e. windows smashed etc... its already after getting the paintwork permanently damaged.. is there anything at all i can do?? :(

You pissed someone off, are you parking in what is deemed a neighbours space. Some crazy b*tch used a screwdriver to do both sides of my car because she couldn't find a free space.

Are your parking it in the same place?
    If the car is expensive how about renting a secure space.

Advertisement