Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Confused !!!

Options
  • 22-11-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

As the title of this thread suggests I am confused ! I am really interested in a car which I have seen a 2006 Skoda Fabia, now it has 85,000 km on the clock, which I presume is a fairly serious amount of miles for a car of that age, my question is: is it worth paying the extra for the more modern year or go for an older Fabia with the same sort of mileage for cheaper. I am just worried at how someone could clock up so much mileage is such a short time. I was also surprised that the dealer wouldn't budge on the price even though I am not trading anything in and am a cash buyer ! Recession my bum ! It will be my first car and whatever car I get I have no intentions of ever trading it in, whatever I get I will be it's last owner ! and I won't be clocking up serious miles myself just average.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Thats high mileage for the year. Shop around, there's bound to be loads of better cars with lower mileage from dealers that will haggle.

Also remember the car will be a year older in a months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

So what price was the dealer asking for this high mileage car?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

+1

They mightn't of budged because they could of had it at the cheapest already. If not, there's plenty of fish in the sea.

Advertisement