Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chateau Pichon Longueville

Options
  • 22-11-2008 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

Also known as Pichon Baron. I have a 1999 bottle and intend to keep it for my son (born in 99) to give to in 2020 (his 21st). My question is will it last and is it worth keeping that long? It cost €85 two years ago.
    Same questions for a bottle of Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou 2001.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=2339

For the Pichon Baron, a lot of the tasting notes above would indicate that it is at its peak now, with a further manover for 1-3 years- might need to explore a different wine region (possibly pomerol or St Emilion) for a bit more longevity - seems a bit pricy at 85Eur- did you buy it recently and in Ireland or France?

Brought a 98 St Emilion Grand Cru this year and was told that it would keep for at least 10- 15 years before opening, and longer if wanted, so maybe choosing this region or pomerol may be the way to go, and enjoy your 99 with a good Confit Du Canard now

Advertisement