Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman commentator.......

• 23-11-2008 12:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

I just can't get into it, watching the Stoke v WBA highlights on MOTD, it's like listening to Barry White while having sex (so I hear), there's just something wrong about it.

Am I alone on this? Am I a bad bad man?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I Literally just came on here to make the exact same comment. It's on in the background, but every time something happens, her voice gets shrill and I get that panic in my chest, and question quickly whether I've left the toilet seat up, or left dirty dishes in the sink.

THIS IS ALL WE HAVE, why take it on us women, why?

Also, she sounded like she was trying way to hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I see....

Why can't she learn sign language and stand at the bottom right hand corner of the screen? Much more effective IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

knowyourlimits.jpg

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

18 months ago called......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

JPA wrote: »

Link, or we didn't pick up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

davyjose wrote: »
    Link, or we didn't pick up

Check the link above and the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

JPA wrote: »

do they want their joke back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

its like listening to mcbride/hahnemann/friedel, somewhere deep down you're thinking: you sound like you dont know what you're talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

no problem with female commentators, but your womans voice would cut through glass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Me and my mates were watching it and I ended up hitting the mute button.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It was WBA v Stoke. Leonard Cohen couldn't have made a go of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

She's sh!te. Whether its because she's a woman or not, i dont know. But she sounds fake. When there's a chance, she gets excited and it doesn't sound natural. Its like she's putting it on because she thinks thats the way she's meant to sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

RTE have a woman commentator for the football I think so it must just be an annoying voice on the BBC one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Nearly all commentators don't know what they're talking about. This one just happens to be a woman. If they wanted people who knew what they were talking about they'd hire exclusively from the pool of ex-pros (and even most of them don't seem to sharp on the subject come to think of it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I was just about to ask how is she for statistics?

- football statistics, not vital statistics...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

eirebhoy wrote: »
    RTE have a woman commentator for the football I think so it must just be an annoying voice on the BBC one.
    Two, iirc. Joanne Cantwell and Jacqui Hurley.

Nothing wrong with female commentators in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nothing wrong with female commentators, except that the ones they pick tend to have the same problem as male commentators, constant slip-ups and annoying mannerisms/voices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Joanne Cantwell
    Don't get me started on that bint. That female commentator on MOTD was equally as bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement