Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would a "Troll Poll" sticky be useful?

Options
  • 23-11-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

After the recent posts by a certain believer (obscure hint - G57!) I think it be worth referring any thread to a troll poll sticky first to see if its worth pursuing. This guy is either a professional troll, or severely imbalanced.

G57: How do you know the sun is there?
    X: Look outside, then look up
    G57: But what happens if its cloudy
    X: Wait
    G57: ........prove it prove it
    X:??
    G57: I dont believe ther is a sun
    G57: So how do you know the moon is there?
    etc.
    etc.
    A person who asks, ignores and never answers isn't worth 100 responses per day.

Also, it seems a bit easy to troll in this forum. A little bait and the responses queue up. Calm down. Calm down. (can't write with a scouse accent)

Actually I'm just really worried he might be able convert me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

No, bin this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Might? Man,hes already converted you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

Zillah wrote: »
    No, bin this thread.

+1

Gareth is so much fun, banning him would make baby jesus cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think Gar (I think we're friendly enough that I can call him that) should be made a mod of A&A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The mods of A&A will never ban G37 as he does more for Atheism than any of you could ever do.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I say we make Gareth an honourary Atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Charco wrote: »
    I say we make Gareth an honourary Atheist.
    Agreed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

gramlab wrote: »
    A person who asks, ignores and never answers isn't worth 100 responses per day.

that is unfortunately true although it was entertaining..he's an entertaining troll. For all the unsure atheists out there he's done them a great service, troll or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

FWIW, (and indeed, it's slightly OT), but I spent a long period of time utterly convinced that good ol' JC was just trolling the creationism thread for similar reasons.

I quite admired his perseverance at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Posters like the aforementioned are merely Atheist created propaganda tools created to make the religious people of the world look crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Creating a poll in such instances would give the wrong idea that this place is a democracy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dades wrote: »
    Creating a poll in such instances would give the wrong idea that this place is a democracy. ;)

STDayofDove.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I for one welcome our new pseudo atheist mod... can't be any worse than the current mod :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

In the Islam forum you'd lose your typing fingers for that remark!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Somehow I think we'd both be in trouble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Fair enough - he is sort of fun to have around in a twisted kind of way.

But looking for him to respond to your posts (in vain) and then jumping straight in and responding to his next pearl of wisdom only feeds his ego. Unless you plan to best him by giving him RSI that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

It wouldn't surprise me if Gareth is really an atheist and is just trying to show up religion for the nonsense it is. His exorcist posts have me almost convinced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement