Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do women think men want?

Options
  • 23-11-2008 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much as the title says; I'm always interested in the female mind, and perhaps the "too pretty?" thread put this question into my head. I have an idea of what women supposedly want from men, even if it is totally wrong, but no idea of how it works the other way round. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

/Pulls up stool

/Begins to file all post starting with "a good sense of humour" under the "bull****" catagory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Pretty much as the title says; I'm always interested in the female mind, and perhaps the "too pretty?" thread put this question into my head. I have an idea of what women supposedly want from men, even if it is totally wrong, but no idea of how it works the other way round. Thoughts?

you tell us what your idea of what women supposedly want and we will tell you if you are right or wrong - will that do;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I'm always interested in the female mind

It defies logic, try quantum physics instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Mmm At 1;20 early sunday morning - sex
    All other times - sex.

I was actually thinking of something like this today majority of women want to meet "the 1" someone to spend rest lives with yada yada yada..
    MAjority of men want to live the life of Hugh Heffinier.

Either way most just settle for something in between!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

1. Control

2. A Mammy

3. Nookie on demand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    All other times - sex.

I was actually thinking of something like this today majority of women want to meet "the 1" someone to spend rest lives with yada yada yada..
    MAjority of men want to live the life of Hugh Heffinier.

Either way most just settle for something in between!
    Why buy a book when you can go to the library.

Sean_K wrote: »
    Why buy a book when you can go to the library.

ITs a question of money and class.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Men want sex but also want to be looked after.

They also like booze and video games. But mainly sex. I think also most men prefer sex with someone they love over sex with someone who's convenient, even if they wont admit it to other men.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

Piste wrote: »

They also like booze and video games. But mainly sex. I think also most men prefer sex with someone they love over sex with someone who's convenient, even if they wont admit it to other men.

By looked after you mean nagged untill you break our will & we do as you think is best ;). Thou you are correct on some points in there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

To be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

To meet their needs located immediately above and below their belts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

A lady in the street and a freak in the bed

/karaoke session :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    All other times - sex.

Majority of men want to live the life of Hugh Heffner.

:( I would've thought most men want to meet the one too? But then I've spent most of my life around girls/women, so never actually asked guys about this, so I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    To be happy.

Definitely, but: what would make men happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Mutual Respect, Honesty, Trust and Faithfulness

Is'nt that what everyone wants?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

quote]

Have to agree their plus the mammy thing seems to apply to most men !!

Yes but Brain you re unique ;) People differ too much - what one may want another may not. There was a woeful play in Town hall recently called what men want - went to see it unfortunatly so bad didnt wait to find out the answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

1. Control

2. A Mammy

3. Nookie on demand

Don't one and two kind of contradict each other? Also 3 shouldn't come into the same equation as mammy! :eek:

Galvasean wrote: »
    Don't one and two kind of contradict each other? Also 3 shouldn't come into the same equation as mammy! :eek:

People underestimate the complexity of men, imo, who have been given the PR spin of being simple, direct, creatures. Au contraire.

I assumed this question to be, not just what men want from women, but what men want from life itself.

Very persceptive metrovelvet-so what do we want from life?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

:( I would've thought most men want to meet the one too? But then I've spent most of my life around girls/women, so never actually asked guys about this, so I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
    I'ld like to meet the one...
    Actually i'ld prefer meeting the one than fooling around with someone i couldn't see a future with. Though i don't plan on getting married... ever... maybe!

Definitely, but: what would make men happy?
    sex, cars, PS3, chicks, sex, some money to spend on cool stuff, sex, some loving and caring, sex...

HOld on, why am i answering this!
    Leave it for the ladies.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't think men really want another mammy, they want to be looked after- so want the caring element of a mammy- but don't want the nagging and disapproval that comes with it.

Essentially they want to be looked after like their girlfriend was a mammy, but don't want to be told what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Can't believe no one's said this already! A big rack! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^I prefer a small one actually... Ya know like Kate Moss or the new bond girl.
    I don't think men really want another mammy, they want to be looked after- so want the caring element of a mammy- but don't want the nagging and disapproval that comes with it.

Essentially they want to be looked after like their girlfriend was a mammy, but don't want to be told what to do.

You got it quite right there.

I'ld say men want a girl whom they can let out all their "crap" to and who'll listen to them and understand them and support them when the rest of their world seems to be falling apart, give them the strength to stand up and walk tall...
    hmm... yeah i could write a really cheesy song out of this...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can't believe no one's said this already! A big rack! :P

CornerWineRack13RMahogany.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I'm not so sure its another mum they want, but they do seem to like a caring nature, which I would assume is some deep seated preference for a possible mother of their children.

And who doesn't want to feel cared for and looked after? I think men get a lot of bad press for this.

In short I think men want mostly the same things as women. People want love, care, commitment and happiness together, although perhaps men and women want it at different stages in their lives.

You mean men come to that conclusion later in life, or something else? I think someone can recognise a need in themselves for care and affection and love at any stage in life, when they achieve it is a different thing.

I'm not so sure its another mum they want, but they do seem to like a caring nature, which I would assume is some deep seated preference for a possible mother of their children.

And who doesn't want to feel cared for and looked after? I think men get a lot of bad press for this.

It depends on what people mean by looked after. There is a difference between someone who is there for you through the thick and thin and someone who does your laundry, sews your buttons, cooks for you, and cleans up after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Pol Pot

Do men really know what they want?
    Pol Pot doesn't think so - he wants, he gets yet is somehow dissatisfied.

^ yeah, I dont know if anyone knows what they want. But I do think men are the mysterious gender, even mysteries to themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

You mean men come to that conclusion later in life, or something else? I think someone can recognise a need in themselves for care and affection and love at any stage in life, when they achieve it is a different thing.

I just think the timing is everything, and sometimes girls are ready to know their needs earlier than men. I think some men only recognise what it is they need when they've exhausted their other options.
    It depends on what people mean by looked after. There is a difference between someone who is there for you through the thick and thin and someone who does your laundry, sews your buttons, cooks for you, and cleans up after you.

Personally, I have no problem with the thick and thin, or doing the laundry, if I feel that I'm being given to in return. I'll happily sew on a button if someones done something for me of similar use.

I'm useless with computers, but good at cooking and I have no problem with playing to my talents if he plays to his, I'm not so hung up on gender stereotypes that it'll stop me from doing what I'm good at.

Advertisement