Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do women think men want?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Some men just want their women to get bored of them as fast as they get bored of their women.

Either that, or anal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Well, I want a girl who can tell me to fuck right off when I annoy her. Someone not afraid of a good row. Female balls, in other words. I have one Mammy and sweet jesus I don't want another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Gonna give a little input on your list if you don't mind!

a) Sex. - of course!
    b) Food. Preferably eaten whilst prone, on the sofa - i enjoy cooking, i'd rather watch her eat and enjoy it
    c) Alcohol or coffee, depending on the man. - don't drink either. tea FTW!
    d) Clean underwear. - I have this magic box in my house, i put in dirty clothes and they come out clean! Annoyinly the also come out wet. haven't solved that one yet.
    e) No conversations that begin: 'we need to talk'. - some of the best convo's you can have being with "we need to talk............about our plans for the bank robbery........about which position from the Sex Book we wanna try.......about **** all till the sun comes up"!!
    f) The Sky remote - I don't have TV in my house! It made me stupid so i killed it.
    g) To drink milk directly from the carton without fear of nagging - yuk.
    h) A dog. - **** yeah!!!! And a cat!
    i) A cool vehicle (or at least vehicle they believe is cool) - I don't trust myself to druve so will settle for a remote control version of whatever is cool.
    j) Sleep - only beside her.
    k) Cuddles rock.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Sumire

Someone who'll listen when they talk about their day
    Someone who won't embarrass them in front of friends / family & will make an effort with them
    Someone who acts like they need them, but is really independent
    Someone fun who doesn't nag / complain

Same thing women want really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sumire wrote: »
    Someone who won't embarrass them in front of friends / family & will make an effort with them

No, that's what a woman wants....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Youd be surprised how romance and or domestic bliss can make a man an infant again, but then again, you do have to consider the Irish woman's propensity to infantilise the men...[control] and the Irish man's brain going "does not compute does not compute" when confronted with a woman who does not do that, gets confused and leaves for something a little more familiar.
    Dunno about that - I have some great women friends smart , bright ,witty proffesioonals and we all get along great.

There may be some women who do that but you would leave them where ya find them.

Sumire wrote: »

that is a cool list

Youd be surprised how romance and or domestic bliss can make a man an infant again, but then again, you do have to consider the Irish woman's propensity to infantilise the men...[control] and the Irish man's brain going "does not compute does not compute" when confronted with a woman who does not do that, gets confused and leaves for something a little more familiar.

I take it that is why you migrated?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dragan wrote: »
    Gonna give a little input on your list if you don't mind!

a) Sex. - of course!
    b) Food. Preferably eaten whilst prone, on the sofa - i enjoy cooking, i'd rather watch her eat and enjoy it
    c) Alcohol or coffee, depending on the man. - don't drink either. tea FTW!
    d) Clean underwear. - I have this magic box in my house, i put in dirty clothes and they come out clean! Annoyinly the also come out wet. haven't solved that one yet.
    e) No conversations that begin: 'we need to talk'. - some of the best convo's you can have being with "we need to talk............about our plans for the bank robbery........about which position from the Sex Book we wanna try.......about **** all till the sun comes up"!!
    f) The Sky remote - I don't have TV in my house! It made me stupid so i killed it.
    g) To drink milk directly from the carton without fear of nagging - yuk.
    h) A dog. - **** yeah!!!! And a cat!
    i) A cool vehicle (or at least vehicle they believe is cool) - I don't trust myself to druve so will settle for a remote control version of whatever is cool.
    j) Sleep - only beside her.
    k) Cuddles rock.

:p
    In my world you would be a curiousity. But thanks. :)

Oryx wrote: »
    In my world you would be a curiousity.

One of the better compliments i have ever been paid.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It was meant as one.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

In my world you would be a curiousity.

Ah but the thing is he knows it and trades off it :p

See ?
    *grins at Dragan and pats him on the head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Damn, threads like that are like Sex & the City, they make me happy I've always been a single. lol.

I don't recognise myself anywhere in the BS lists of things men like, maybe that makes me not a man. On the other hand maybe that says something specific to Irish people. Or maybe it doesn't, I don't know. Well the whole "mammy" thing. I think it's either a sign of times or a civilisation-specific thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I take it that is why you migrated?

I migrated a few times, but in general I find it easier to deal with men who dont have a chip on their shoulder about the matriarchy, which is a lot easier to find where there is no matriarchy to begin with.

I migrated a few times, but in general I find it easier to deal with men who dont have a chip on their shoulder about the matriarchy, which is a lot easier to find where there is no matriarchy to begin with.

Ive seen yer post and Im not wearing diapers for any woman

Thaedydal wrote: »
    See ?
    *grins at Dragan and pats him on the head*

Damn straight i do! In todays harsh world of I-pods and Big Mac meals, individuality is currency. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

A_SN wrote: »
    I don't recognise myself anywhere in the BS lists of things men like, maybe that makes me not a man. On the other hand maybe that says something specific to Irish people.

Tell us what you do like then, A_SN. Give us an insight into the mind of the continental man in case any of us want to try and nab one :pac:

I don't recognise myself anywhere in the BS lists of things men like, maybe that makes me not a man. On the other hand maybe that says something specific to Irish people. Or maybe it doesn't, I don't know. Well the whole "mammy" thing. I think it's either a sign of times or a civilisation-specific thing.

Or....shock ****ing horror, maybe everyone has....dun dun dun.....their OWN list of things?

Rapid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

:D
    I havent read the thread, so apologies if this has been said ad infinitum already.

In my opinion, men want, in order of importance:

a) Sex.
    b) Food. Preferably eaten whilst prone, on the sofa.
    c) coffee.
    d) Clean underwear.
    e) No conversations that begin: 'we need to talk'.
    f) The Sky remote.
    g) To drink milk directly from the carton without fear of nagging.
    h) A dog.
    i) A cool vehicle (or at least vehicle they believe is cool). (im very much prone to this
    j) Sleep
    k) Cuddles. Which bring him automatically back to point a.

L) is permition to go away for a week and get up yo monkey buisness with mates, in the alpes:D
    m) a farm in the country side with pigs, ducks and gease
    n) listen to music really loud at night
    o) play x box 360
    P) mind blowing sex

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Q) The ability to spell.

...is that just me?

• Advertisement

Q) The ability to spell.

...is that just me?

U) think before you type,I gots Dislexia, ( dont you feel like a complete Donut)

dont ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Nope. I don't feel like a donut. I'm more a savoury kinda person.

a stuffed mushroom

shellyboo wrote: »
    Tell us what you do like then, A_SN. Give us an insight into the mind of the continental man in case any of us want to try and nab one :pac:

Well I'm surely not representative of anything, but I have to say first of all I really don't want a mommy-like woman. However you'll have to infer what I want from what I don't want, cause I know what I hate better than what I do like ;). I don't want a control-freak, i.e. someone obnoxious who needs to bend you to her will, I don't want a submissive woman who'd let me push her around and be my sort of house slave, I don't want a drama queen, or a screamer (the kind who pierces your eardrums when she's frustrated over something), I don't want a follower, i.e. a girl who'll gladly stay in her man's shadow.

I'd rather want someone who's more like my equal, who's first my best friend, who can express her feelings spontaneously (and that's actually an uncommon thing, at least in my experience), someone who can keep it up in a discussion and talk about more than mundane stuff, someone who has views on sex compatible with mine (i.e. someone who thinks fornication is just about genitals going in and out of each other is a no-no), a bisexual woman is preferable (any straight guy who disagrees must be out of his mind hehe), someone who has compatible views with me (i.e. I couldn't be with someone who wouldn't shut up about Jesus of Nazareth or someone who only thinks of earning money and spending money) and, generally someone who's interesting to spend time with and that I have feelings for, I couldn't be or stay with someone with no wit, no mind of her own, no curiosity, no real sense of humour or no goals really.

I hope that that answers to your question :).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

U) think before you type,I gots Dislexia, ( dont you feel like a complete Donut)

dont ....
    R) Pretty much all browsers have spellcheckers so you can see when you're spelling incorrectly. You can make the display negative so it makes it easier to see the text. I know a few dyslexics. I have a mild form myself and I write loooong winded posts, usually free of spelling mistakes. I know of two dyslexics on here that make far less spelling mistakes than most, for the above reasons and that they take their time to post. They're not lazy. Simple as that. The "yo" instead of "to" in your post reflects more a slipped finger and a reluctance to apply care, than dyslexia. Colour me a doughnut(savoury too) as well.

Actually on topic, I would have issue with intellectual laziness in a woman. Or women who only see the obvious and only learn what they think they need to learn. That drives me mad. EG a woman(and I've known a few) who have no clue how to put petrol in their cars, because daddy/brother/boyfriend did it for them. Other examples of that thinking spring to mind too(men can be like this too). Waste of space those types. If they're too dumb or narrow minded to understand or have a wish to understand then bye bye baby.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

you've been spending to much time with autralian people or worse are one but hey i cant spell so i guess where pretty much evan stevens.....

Wibbs wrote: »
    R) Pretty much all browsers have spellcheckers so you can see when you're spelling incorrectly. You can make the display negative so it makes it easier to see the text. I know a few dyslexics. I have a mild form myself and I write loooong winded posts, usually free of spelling mistakes. I know of two dyslexics on here that make far less spelling mistakes than most, for the above reasons and that they take their time to post. They're not lazy. Simple as that. The "yo" instead of "to" in your post reflects more a slipped finger and a reluctance to apply care, than dyslexia. Colour me a doughnut(savoury too) as well.

You're right. Actually I'm dysgraphic (like dyslexic except for writing instead of reading), on top of being French, but I achieve excellence thanks to those browser spellcheckers, but since most of my dysgraphia-related mistakes are the wrong word (i.e. I just caught myself writing "thinks" instead of "since", but it can also be completely unrelated words) or more often the wrong ending to a word (i.e. a lack of -s on a plural word, an extra -s on a singular word, a lack of -ing on a verb with the verb to be before it) or even a whole word missing, what I do is read my post many many times before I post it, and read it again when I've posted it.

Fortunately I greatly enjoy reading myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

You're right. Actually I'm dysgraphic (like dyslexic except for writing instead of reading), on top of being French, but I achieve excellence thanks to those browser spellcheckers, but since most of my dysgraphia-related mistakes are the wrong word (i.e. I just caught myself writing "thinks" instead of "since", but it can also be completely unrelated words) or more often the wrong ending to a word (i.e. a lack of -s on a plural word, an extra -s on a singular word, a lack of -ing on a verb with the verb to be before it) or even a whole word missing, what I do is read my post many many times before I post it, and read it again when I've posted it.

Fortunately I greatly enjoy reading myself :D

Jesus, and on top of that, English isn't your first language? Colour me extremely impressed. I know people who write for a living whose spelling and grammar is ten times worse than yours - which is practically perfect, by the way!

I also admire your post about what you want in a woman... it's a very realistic and grounded answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As men, we have come with the following demands requests:

1: Nookie
    2: Foods
    3: ... um maybe some lego or a console or something

That is all.

We will be in touch to let you all know the drop off point, and any further requirements.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »

granted i should have spell cheaker on this computer but i dont as it's not mine. im not going to download things on to it as the owners like a teanager when it comes to this peace of prehistoric techknolidgy. My old computer did this dont...

thats the way it is unfortunatly.

As for the yo to to, i missed that one .... :o

as for a savoury insted of donut... ever think of what a donut would taste like with blue chease and red onion jam and not iced with suger with strawberry jam ?

Advertisement