Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do women think men want?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

shellyboo wrote: »
    Jesus, and on top of that, English isn't your first language? Colour me extremely impressed. I know people who write for a living whose spelling and grammar is ten times worse than yours - which is practically perfect, by the way!

I also admire your post about what you want in a woman... it's a very realistic and grounded answer.

Hehe, thank you. I know it's not perfect though, I realise that when I make people proof-read things I write, I still regularly find out about mistakes I make that stem mainly from assuming similarities between French and English, i.e. I recently realised that you couldn't say "a sarcasm", that it's "the" Internet, and on top of that I've never used the word "whom" hehe. But I guess that's good enough for most things hehe. As a matter of fact my written French, which was once even better than my written English is now, has seriously deteriorated due to not ever reading anything in French or writing in French.

And how do I go about finding such a woman now? ;) Kidding, I know how, I just don't really have the time right now. Actually I should be working as we speak :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

A_SN wrote: »
    I recently realised that you couldn't say "a sarcasm", that it's "the" Internet, and on top of that I've never used the word "whom" hehe.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it's on its way out as a word anyway!

As to where you'll find a decent woman... well that's a whole other thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Actually I should be working as we speak :(

Welcome to boards.ie!

You'll find that happens a lot.:)

Dragan wrote: »
    Welcome to boards.ie!

You'll find that happens a lot.:)
    Haha :) my problem is that I'm a freelance worker for my own self, so if I don't work I don't eat hehe.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it's on its way out as a word anyway!

As to where you'll find a decent woman... well that's a whole other thread!
    Decent partners find each other. Or really, they make each other. If youre incompatible, youll irritate the sh!t out of each other and each of your worst characteristics will come to the fore. Like a lazy partner will sometimes drag down a go-getter type. Put an overbearing person with a wallflower, and the quiet one will probably shrink more.

With the right person the opposite happens, you become more than what you might have been. If you dont have irritations, hangups and petty resentments with each other, then you are free to discuss stuff more openly, whether its bisexuality or xbox games. Unfortunately because we so often fall for someone without learning how to interact properly with them, you see these out of kilter relationships all the time. We grow in a relationship according to who we are in it with. People are so rarely fully honest with each other you get these situations where relationships get imbalanced and controlling, women nag and men sulk. :)

And men get confused and have to ask women whats going on in their heads and what they think men want.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Great post Oryx

Oryx wrote: »
    Decent partners find each other. Or really, they make each other. If youre incompatible, youll irritate the sh!t out of each other and each of your worst characteristics will come to the fore. Like a lazy partner will sometimes drag down a go-getter type. Put an overbearing person with a wallflower, and the quiet one will probably shrink more.

With the right person the opposite happens, you become more than what you might have been. If you dont have irritations, hangups and petty resentments with each other, then you are free to discuss stuff more openly, whether its bisexuality or xbox games. Unfortunately because we so often fall for someone without learning how to interact properly with them, you see these out of kilter relationships all the time. We grow in a relationship according to who we are in it with. People are so rarely fully honest with each other you get these situations where relationships get imbalanced and controlling, women nag and men sulk. :)

And men get confused and have to ask what women whats going on in their heads and what they think men want.:)

Words of wisdom, but my problem really is that I don't know anyone, I have strictly no social life in this country, hehe. I think I know what to do to remedy to that situation, unfortunately this isn't my priority, these days I only have time for work, no time to go out and make friends :(.

This being said, you're right, and I think people need to take the time to really get to know each other before getting into a dysfunctional relationship. Well, not like getting to know each other well will ensure you'll stay away from dysfunctional relationships, but at least you'll go in with a better idea of what awaits you ;).

Words of wisdom, but my problem really is that I don't know anyone, I have strictly no social life in this country, hehe. I think I know what to do to remedy to that situation, unfortunately this isn't my priority, these days I only have time for work, no time to go out and make friends :(.
    Youre here, arent you? Boards IS a social life.:)
    This being said, you're right, and I think people need to take the time to really get to know each other before getting into a dysfunctional relationship. Well, not like getting to know each other well will ensure you'll stay away from dysfunctional relationships, but at least you'll go in with a better idea of what awaits you ;).
    Its about knowing yourself too, knowing where your weaknesses are, and your stronger points. So that you recognise your own behaviour for what it is, when you do it. If you know what your own triggers are, good and bad, you can choose or avoid a partner that will encourage or provoke you. Or if your stuck with the person youve got ;), at least you can see what it is about you that makes you rankle at them.

And yet, I know all this, and I still fcuk up. Women... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

but my problem really is that I don't know anyone, I have strictly no social life in this country :(.

I know you're busy with work but why don't you go to the boards singles mingel tomorrow. Go on... Make the effort.

Its about knowing yourself too, knowing where your weaknesses are, and your stronger points. So that you recognise your own behaviour for what it is, when you do it. If you know what your own triggers are, good and bad, you can choose or avoid a partner that will encourage or provoke you. Or if your stuck with the person youve got ;), at least you can see what it is about you that makes you rankle at them.

Tell us more, O Wise One... :pac:

No, seriously, that's spot on! That's what I took out of my last (and only!) long-term relationship - it ended in a shambles, but now I can look back on it and say, there's where that went wrong, that's why, and now I just have to make sure it doesn't happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

If youre incompatible, youll irritate the sh!t out of each other and each of your worst characteristics will come to the fore.

I was in an "relationship" like that it was the worst Ive ever felt in all my life. truley sprit crushing, tock a long time to get through it all, was truly one of the most emotionaly depresive times of my life. trying to keep her out of my life has not been easy...

but everything you said is so true... has to be said....

Your a wise dude :)

I was in an "relationship" like that it was the worst Ive ever felt in all my life. truley sprit crushing, tock a long time to get through it all, was truly one of the most emotionaly depresive times of my life. trying to keep her out of my life has not been easy...

but everything you said is so true... has to be said....

Your a wise dude :)
    dude-ess*.:)

*not to be confused with the poster Dudess that snyper fancies.

Sorry :o i call you dude'et because it sounds a bit godlyness so dude'et :P:D

snyper fancies some person called dudess, :eek:...

He fancys a girl. ewwwwww Snyper if you can hear me go have a bath in bleach, and scrub your body with a wire brush thaughts like that lead to lossing your vision and poor concintration....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Jesus, and on top of that, English isn't your first language? Colour me extremely impressed. I know people who write for a living whose spelling and grammar is ten times worse than yours - which is practically perfect, by the way!

I also admire your post about what you want in a woman... it's a very realistic and grounded answer.
    Shellyboo - you are easily impressed. The mere whiff of a French guy and yer off.
    This is the internet. He is probably a two-ton hairy arsed Cavan farmer who won a Blackberry at the ploughing championships.

Dont believe a word

CDfm wrote: »
    Shellyboo - you are easily impressed. The mere whiff of a French guy and yer off.
    This is the internet. He is probably a two-ton hairy arsed Cavan farmer who won a Blackberry at the ploughing championships.

Dont believe a word

Well, eh, actually I kind of hate French people... :o

But show me a guy who knows how to use an apostrophe and I am all over that.

Dont believe a word
    Jealous, much?

Arent you the two ton hairy arsed Cavan farmer who won the blackberry at the ploughing championships? Coulda sworn I recognised you.

But show me a guy who knows how to use an apostrophe and I am all over that.

Thats pretty Unfair to say the least. Ive had 3 amazeing french Girlfriends well dresssed looked after them selve's and genrally where really cool drank coffee to...

ive lived in france for two years and I found out of the nation's that where in the resort i was in The english where worse... If you've had a bad experence with a french person dont tar them all with the same brush its not far. Only probablem i had with the french was considering they used to make the greatist food in the world there taste has some what lacked in recent time's...

Besides how can you tar a country that has 2 hour lunch brakes and freash crossants everymorning you cant....

its just not possible...

Thats pretty Unfair to say the least. Ive had 3 amazeing french Girlfriends well dresssed looked ....... If you've had a bad experence with a french person dont tar them all with the same brush its not far. Only

Ponders ....where are they now?

Disloyal those French. The only country to surrender twice in WWII and be on the loosing side both times.

Those French blokes coming over here with their fancy ways and apostrophe's and stealing our women.

Ponders ....where are they now.

Disloyal those french. The only country to suurender twice in WWII and be on the loosing side both times.

Those french blokes comin over here with their fancy ways and apostraphe's and
    stealing our women.

Not there fault your as plain as a white board is it?

Go get some GAME :D:P

I know you're busy with work but why don't you go to the boards singles mingel tomorrow. Go on... Make the effort.
    Nah, I know I could but it's just I don't want to start doing stuff like that right now. In a couple of weeks I think I'll have more time to enjoy myself and do stuff like that. But thanks for the advice, I didn't even know about that meet-up.

Dont believe a word
    Hahaha, I'm not lying, not that I would know how to prove it though.. crois-moi sur parole? ;) Or look up Michel Rouzic on Google and then add A_SN to the search.
    Well that's one thing we have in common ;) just kidding. The only grief I have with the rest of my fellow Frenchmen is that they couldn't make a grammatically correct sentence in English if their life depended on it. Even English teachers there have no clue, they had no clue what I was on when I would omit saying "hundred" in numbers in the hundreds hehe. Like "two eighty? Do you mean 2.80??" lol.
    I found out of the nation's that where in the resort i was in The english where worse...

Judging by that sentence that has obviously affected you quite a bit, lol.

On a side note, this forum should have a sticky about the proper use of your/you're, their/they're/there, than/then. And apostrophes. :D

• Advertisement

Thats pretty Unfair to say the least.

Ive had 3 amazeing french Girlfriends well dresssed looked after them selve's and genrally where really cool drank coffee to...

ive lived in france for two years and I found out of the nation's that where in the resort i was in The english where worse... If you've had a bad experence with a french person dont tar them all with the same brush its not far.

This from the man who says Eastern European women are hot and amazing, while Irish women are rude, ugly and unapproachable...

I've had plates thrown at me, been reduced to tears, verbally abused and generally tormented by French chefs. The Irish chefs I worked with were likewise moody, but nowhere near as horrible as the French ones.

I had a French housemate who refused to contribute anything towards household expenses including bills, toilet roll, washing powder etc, who stole our food and personal items and left us without paying her last rent instalment.

This is why I am not a fan of the French. I was by no means tarring them all with the same brush, I did not say they were all **** or all bad people, I said I disliked them - which I am free to do for whatever reason I choose.

Well that's one thing we have in common ;) just kidding. The only grief I have with the rest of my fellow Frenchmen is that they couldn't make a grammatically correct sentence in English if their life depended on it. Even English teachers there have no clue, they had no clue what I was on when I would omit saying "hundred" in numbers in the hundreds hehe. Like "two eighty? Do you mean 2.80??" lol.

To be fair, I'm mostly kidding too. I clearly do not have a vendetta against French people, I've just had the misfortune of meeting some really horrible ones.

On a side note, this forum should have a sticky about the proper use of your/you're, their/they're/there, than/then. And apostrophes. :D

I think we're among a small minority of people who actually give a crap, lol :)

This from the man who says Eastern European women are hot and amazing, while Irish women are rude, ugly and unapproachable...

I've had plates thrown at me, been reduced to tears, verbally abused and generally tormented by French chefs. The Irish chefs I worked with were likewise moody, but nowhere near as horrible as the French ones.

I had a French housemate who refused to contribute anything towards household expenses including bills, toilet roll, washing powder etc, who stole our food and personal items and left us without paying her last rent instalment.

This is why I am not a fan of the French. I was by no means tarring them all with the same brush, I did not say they were all **** or all bad people, I said I disliked them - which I am free to do for whatever reason I choose.
    Truth be told, we're objectively not the nicest people on Earth by any possible metric. I mean, pretty much anyone in my family is annoying as hell to begin with. The Irish are very nice. So are North Americans!

I've had plates thrown at me, been reduced to tears, verbally abused and generally tormented by French chefs.

There there Shellyboo.

Console yourself. We all know that Arc de Triumphe is an oxymoron.

Any country who eat horse and frogs are well sophisticated.

This from the man who says Eastern European women are hot and amazing, while Irish women are rude, ugly and unapproachable....

how is that relevent ? ok granted my comment was a little over board but all i ever seem to meet when im out is ignorent stuck there own back side poor excuse's for women... It doesnt promote confidance in irish women.
    I've had plates thrown at me, been reduced to tears, verbally abused and generally tormented by French chefs. The Irish chefs I worked with were likewise moody, but nowhere near as horrible as the French ones. .

well there we have it French chef= dinosaurs. Im a chef to and to be fair the only time i loose it with a waitress is when the airheaded. bimbo cant right a cheack clearly.... As for reducing you to tears. I've seen it in so many kitchens it's unfair when they get personall with a waitress's and useually allways catch them and try cheer them up if the grumpy fook anit about. Ive had frying pans thrown at me but the difference is i threw back... in kitchens you show weekenss the head chef well feed on it like a seagull on a fish dump......

well i would of packed her bags for her... and changed the locks...

Im not going to argue with that as i have no need to

There there Shellyboo.

Console yourself. We all know that Arc de Triumphe is an oxymoron.

Any country who eat horse and frogs are well sophisticated.
    lol, your generic and misinformed banter has little impact. We'd make better jokes in self-derision after a couple of bottles of wine and a sauté d'escargots au camembert. Mmmh, wine + snails + stinky cheese :-P

how is that relevent ?

When you accuse me of making unfair comments about a group of people, and you have previously made unfair comments about a group of people, that is called hypocrisy. Or, in other words, it's the pot calling the kettle black. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, etc.

We're all guilty of a little prejudice :)
    ok granted my comment was a little over board but all i ever seem to meet when im out is ignorent stuck there own back side poor excuse's for women... It doesnt promote confidance in irish women.

To quote you, don't tar them all with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

your making it sound like i fancy one particular person.

Id leather anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

how is that relevent ? ok granted my comment was a little over board but all i ever seem to meet when im out is ignorent stuck there own back side poor excuse's for women... It doesnt promote confidance in irish women.

If everytime you walked down a certain street a donkey walked up to and crapped on your shoes, how many more times would you walk down that street?

Maybe change where you go out, or given the fact that the pub and club scene is a big pile of crap try meeting people in a different environment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

I think men want a woman who's her own person. A woman whose life is complete without having a man by her side. I think it's such a waste of hope and happiness when a woman feels unfulfilled because she doesn't have a man in her life (crappy Hollywood movies have a LOT to answer for :mad:)

Advertisement