Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My exhaust is fecked

Options
  • 23-11-2008 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi guys, i'm a bird that knows a little bit about cars and today I am sad to report that I have a hole in my Renault Megane exhaust.
    I can't afford to replace it and I am hoping to get it welded. I bought a new exhaust last year in A-Pit Stop and now it's fecked again.. I don't do much mileage all.

Anyways, can anyone tell me where I can go to get it welded in the Dublin 14, Dublin 16 area. I don't wanna be robbed!

Cheers much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Any competent mechanic should do it for you, ring around a few places and just go where evers cheapest. Unusual for an exhaust to go in that length of time, altought it could be a different piece. Most exhausts come in three pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭uturnin6weeks

I know its just so annoying. I had the whole exhaust replaced twice. First time was because it was fitted wrong bla bla then they replaced the whole thing again and now just over a year later its gone again.

Would any local garage be open today?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I know its just so annoying. I had the whole exhaust replaced twice. First time was because it was fitted wrong bla bla then they replaced the whole thing again and now just over a year later its gone again.

Would any local garage be open today?

Thank you

I doubt it, but in time's of reccession there could be one or two. Best thing you can do is ring around.
    www.goldenpages.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭uturnin6weeks

Thanks a million... Shall try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Unlikely to be a hole in the exhaust since it's new. How's the car been driving, is it any louder, backfiring etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

If the hole isn't bad gun drum i think its called will seal the hole for a quick fix. It normally works for a good few weeks at least it did for me. Halfords stock it and it sells for around 15 euro.

Advertisement