Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

everton game

Options
  • 23-11-2008 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, i was on a few weeks ago about going to the everton game, i got tickets but as the game kicks off at 3pm in worried about catching the fight home. The flight is at 9, but i think someone mentioned that seven sisters will have some disruption next sunday? if this is true whats the best way of getting to the gatwick before 7.30ish?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

Hi guys, i was on a few weeks ago about going to the everton game, i got tickets but as the game kicks off at 3pm in worried about catching the fight home. The flight is at 9, but i think someone mentioned that seven sisters will have some disruption next sunday? if this is true whats the best way of getting to the gatwick before 7.30ish?

thanks

If the Victoria Line is out, then one option would be to get a train from either White Hart Lane or Northumberland Park into Liverpool Street. from there you can either get the tube to Victoria or get over to London Bridge (loads of buses from Bishopsgate, 35, 47, 48, 149) from where trains also run to Gatwick. It is also a lot cheaper to buy a day return (or other) from Gatwick to London Bridge than other London terminals. It would only take 15 minutes to walk over the bridge and up Bishopsgate to Liverpool Street.

National Rail Enquiries can be used to check running times and also reflects revised services from WHL and NP on match days. I find that if you check nearer to the day of travel it is better in this respect.

All in all, get away from the ground on the final whistle to be ahead of the pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

thanks

Looks like the Victoria line is ok next weekend. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=weekend

Advertisement