Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irresponsible owner

Options
  • 23-11-2008 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Alright,so last week,my sister was pulling into our driveway and she saw this dog running across the road,causing cars to stop to avoid missing it and nearly getting itself killed, We live on a fairly busy main road so this could have gone badly. So my sister took the dog into our garden, we checked its collar and I called the number on his tag. The woman i spoke to was completely rude and abrupt and said she was coming to get him now. She arrived and took him away(still not at all polite).She didnt seem care a bit when I told her that he'd nearly gotten himself knocked down. I just wrote her off as rude and forgot about it.
    A couple of days ago I was waiting for the bus and I see the same dog wandering up the road past my house. I find this so strange, how someone would just let their dog wander around and possibly get itself killed, or cause accidents!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Unfortunately its all too common.

Someone in my estate, not 100% sure who, owns a big golden retriever/lab mix.
    He's always loose in the estate and will go up to anyone.

Nice gentle dog, but he's a bit too friendly if you're someone who isn't keen on dogs, and he's well overweight cos he'll go up to anyone & the kids from around always give him some of their junk food to eat.

He'd be knocked down only for he lumbers around the place so slowly, but he does sometimes just sit in the middle of the road & you have to drive around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lilly/DNB

that’s terrible i had the same thing happen to me about a week ago, a lady knocked on my door and asked did i know who owned this lab cross what a beautiful well behaved dog he was again we had a look at his tag and a phone number we rang, this was at 11 at night so i called the number she was a nice lady on the phone and said it was not the first time he had done this :mad:in a nice way i said well maybe you should try secure you garden a bit better so he cant be getting out, anyway i asked were she lived so i could drop him home she lived about 2half miles away and its all dangerous roads i was amazed this dog hadn’t being hit by a car, i told her i would meet them at a roundabout near to their home and if some1 could come and collect the dog she said ok, i got there and called her son answered and told me just to let him out were i was that he would find his way home:eek: i nearly died, i said i have had the decency to come all this way and you can come and meet me to take your dog? then he said its not my dog i don’t give a ****, i didn’t know what to do so i asked for his address that i would rather leave the dog to his door and not at a busy road if he didn’t want to come and take him so gave me his address so i went there knocked on the door and no answer i felt really bad leaving the dog there but i had nowhere else to put him, there are just some people out there that shouldn’t have dogs it makes me sick,,:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

They are so dumb. I suppose one remedy is to call the dog warden, at least then if they really can't be bothered to come and get the dog he could be taken home after 5 days and be officially yours to find a home for him or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Lilly/DNB wrote: »
    that’s terrible i had the same thing happen to me about a week ago, a lady knocked on my door and asked did i know who owned this lab cross what a beautiful well behaved dog he was again we had a look at his tag and a phone number we rang, this was at 11 at night so i called the number she was a nice lady on the phone and said it was not the first time he had done this :mad:in a nice way i said well maybe you should try secure you garden a bit better so he cant be getting out, anyway i asked were she lived so i could drop him home she lived about 2half miles away and its all dangerous roads i was amazed this dog hadn’t being hit by a car, i told her i would meet them at a roundabout near to their home and if some1 could come and collect the dog she said ok, i got there and called her son answered and told me just to let him out were i was that he would find his way home:eek: i nearly died, i said i have had the decency to come all this way and you can come and meet me to take your dog? then he said its not my dog i don’t give a ****, i didn’t know what to do so i asked for his address that i would rather leave the dog to his door and not at a busy road if he didn’t want to come and take him so gave me his address so i went there knocked on the door and no answer i felt really bad leaving the dog there but i had nowhere else to put him, there are just some people out there that shouldn’t have dogs it makes me sick,,:(
    Well you can see from the kids attidude that the parents didn't care much for him so you hardly expect them to care for the dog. Personally I'd bring the dog to the local Garda station and tell them the dog nearly caused a bad accident and that you rang the owner and they wouldn't come and collect it and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Lilly/DNB wrote: »
    Thats actually ridiculous! Why do they have dogs? They clearly dont care at all what happens to them. The cheek of him too,like your just gonna let the dog wander off on its own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement