Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems setting up Halifax Fixed Rate Saver

Options
  • 23-11-2008 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I switched my current account to halifax a few months ago. Then in the last few weeks, i've been trying to open a fixed rate saver account with them also. They reckon they never received the first application. The second one was sent to them over a week ago - and no reply. Should be straightforward as theres no need for proof of id as they already have that from the other account.

Just wondering if they have a policy of being lethargic with this kind of thing on purpose if they see the current account holder has a lot of cash sitting in their current account (which I have). Other than the first 2k, they're paying nothing on it?

Anyone else experienced this?

Should have Northern Rock a/c no. by next week - in which case the lot gets cleared out of halifax bar the minimum 2k.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Would you not consider going into your nearest branch?

I opened a Fixed rate saver account, had no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I had no problems either. As the previous poster said just pop into a branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Nearest branch is 40 clicks away. Just find it strange that they have not processed it given two opportunities. Will go with Northern Rock.

Advertisement