Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surf skools in europe

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

dont want to be seen as pimping but i went to thesurfexperience , had a great time

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nanoman

defintely give lagos a try - most places you stay in are the same - they offer you a lift the different breaks everyday; because some of the dirt roads cant take rental cars its best hooking up with a surf school who will take you in their jeeps.

Sagres is a bit closer to the surf but outside of June to Aug its a ghost town. I did a solo trip last year in Lagos and met people who had rented a couple of apartments and got picked up every day for the surf - sounds good if there is a group of you i reckon.

Also in late October there is the CT in Peniche north of Lisbon - may be worth staying there or Ericeira and surfing and watching Kelly Slater and Parko battle it out for the tour title, that's were i'm gonna be!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

I know it's pretty much been answered in the above threads but just wanted to check where people would best recommend a couple (with very little surfing experience) go in portugal in late september? don't want to end up somewhere completely dead in the night-time, have been to lagos and loved it but it seems pretty expensive to book accommodation there this year (stayed in a friend's apartment in Luz last year). Looking for a surfing holiday just to keep the other half happy but willing to give it a go myself for a couple of hours a day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭smythire

Peniche

• Registered Users Posts: 35 roberb

Coming a bit late to this thread so you may have already found an option.

Peniche is a great spot - drove up there for a few days when we stayed in Ericeira last year. Its a really nice beach and great for surfing - the beach bars are very lively and great craic but the town is nothing to write home about, its all about the beach.

SO if you are happy chilling out on the beach and surfing its perfect.

Ericeira is also great (about 45 minutes north of Lisbon) - very chilled out and really great town for wandering around - hidden gem. Lots of choice for surf.

If you want to mix a bit of city/culture/romance with the surf you should consider San Sebastian or Biarritz - both amazing places and great for surf.

We stayed with surfholidays.com before, they might have an option or just google each area. Avoid San Seb in late Sept as the film festival is on and its impossible to get accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tomislav

i went on my own to the place in portugal, had great fun, a lot of single people there so we all hung out - highly recommend it

Name of that place,please... :)

Advertisement