Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which game? COD5 Fallout3 or Far cry 2?

Options
  • 23-11-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Going out to pick up a game and plan to get to play all day. I have COD4 and love it but know very little about the other two. I like online play.

What would ye experianced gamers go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Personally after playing all three id go for Fallout. Farcry2 and COD5(MOH6!!) were shiite IMO. And i loved COD4. The new one is dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thanks Nick,

Can Fallout be played online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Pc, 360 or PS3?

I've tried all 3 on pc and Fallout 3 is the one I hated and stopped playing after an hour or 2 (bored me to tears), still play the other 2, I'm 50% thru FarCry2 (I'm enjoying it even tho its a bit repeditive) and about 30% thru COD-WAW single player (which isn't that great compared to COD4, but I'll finish it anyway).

Nope
    Single Player only but exclusive DLC for 360/PC.

Hi PogMoThoin, Thanks for the feed back.

I have the PS3.

I haven't played a decent game in an age and could do with clocking up a few hours. The last game i got was Mercs 2 which I can't seem to ever connect online and find it a bit same-ish.

• Advertisement

Well it depends on what type of game your looking for,
    Fallout 3 is not a first person shooter, its a role playing game with some shooting, Oblivion with guns. Loads of people are in2 this, I'm not.
    FarCry2 has nothing to do with the first FarCry, but its a proper good shooter, it does get a bit repeditive and the respawning enemies will bug the shít outa you, but its still enjoyable.
    COD-WAW is a WW2 mod for COD4, it shouldn't be full price. The sound in the game os crap (well it is on the pc version on 5.1 speakers). I wasn't impressed with the AI in the game either. Its nowhere near as good as COD4. I believe its 6hrs gameplay

I loved Oblivion. So I might for for Fallout. Pity COD WAW is crap.

Thanks for the help lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

If you liked oblivion you cant go wrong with fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have all three of them games

So:

For online: COD WaW - It's the exact same as COD4 online, very enjoyable.

For Single player: Fallout 3 - It will keep you entertained for ages.

Wildcard: FarCry 2 - You'll love it or hate it unfortunately.

I say go for Fallout 3 personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

imo, only get CoD:WaW if you plan to play it coop. The NPC's are abysmal, I think they left out programming their AI because they assumed real people would be controlling them. They will irritate the life out of you.

I finished it there today, but I was gritting my teeth at the stupidity of my AI team on numerous occasions. They run right past enemies, Ignore grenades that land right next to them, run into your line of fire, block your path forward and couldn't hit the side of a barn with an RPG. It is some of the worst AI I have ever seen in a game and puts CoD4 to shame. Only play it if you plan to play with 3 other people in coop.

Far Cry 2, I've completed this and can recommend it. You'll definitely get your monies worth as the single player campaign is 20+ hours long (I clocked in around 28hours) after that there's multiplayer, coop and an excellent map editor, so you will get weeks out of it.

The first half of the game can be pretty dry and seem repetitive, but it really comes to life around the midway point so you have to stick with it.

Fallout 3, haven't played it but plan to. I'm not really an RPG fan but this looks like its got enough FPS mixed in to keep me interested.

• Advertisement

Aye i have to stress that COD5 is a Medal of Honour remake. No substance and as L31m said the AI is ****e. But its just not fun in the slightest.

I didnt give Farcry a sixth chance and i dont plan to, it really became repeditive.
    I do not believe Fallout is Oblivion with guns, its way better than Oblivion and doesnt come across as much of an RPG. Sure you can level up and all that but most perks are barely noticeable and a balance of each will have you sailing. The gore is brilliant and the style and depth of the modelling are/is superb.

V.A.T.S is something that will blow you away. Its very nice and never seems to get old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Fallout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fallout 3 if your like RPG style games.

Gonna go back to Far cry when i get new GPU, only played it for a few hours and pretty much unplayable due to my pc and the malaria and repsawning enemies pissed me off.

COD WAW is crap as pointed above.

Cheers lads,

I went out today and got Fallout 3. Have been playing it for a couple of hours and getting the hang of it now. Looks like a big game and looking forward to getting into it proper!

Thanks for all the advice, such a pity COD WAW is below par considering COD4 was ace for multiplayer and good (if a bit short) on single player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deanmc

go with cod5 its savage when u grt into it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

deanmc wrote: »
    go with cod5 its savage when u grt into it

1st post fail

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Don't know why COD WAW is getting such a bad reception. I find it no worse or better than COD 4. Some people don't like the WW2 setting fair enough but I don't mind it all. The only thing I dislike about is the overuse of grenades by enemy soliders. It certainly is the best mutiplayer game of the 3 you mentioned.

As for Far Cry 2. Its good but repetitive. Its mission types need more variety. Having said that the gun combat is pretty decent in it. Mutiplayer is mean't to be pretty decent.

Fallout 3 I'm having difficulty getting into. Well give it more of a shot over the christmas peroid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭JoeJC

Ha!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Fallout is fantastic. Finished it today. Being evil has never been so much fun.

Bloody huge game too, provided you don't just stick to the main plot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

cod 5 for multiplayer, don't care about single player for it. It's cod 4 with cooler weapons, artillary and dogs. Farcry 2 has a good multiplayer too but has a lot of registering hits problems. Fallout is good, a nice single player game.

so in conclusion buy left 4 dead, then cod5 and then the others depending on what you want from a game.

• Advertisement

so in conclusion buy left 4 dead, then cod5 and then the others depending on what you want from a game.

He's got a PS3, Left4Dead not out on PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if its a ps3 you have then fallout 3. Pointless playing fps' with a substandard control mechanism.

Actually on second thoughts the other two aren't great fps' either so fallout3 for of too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    He's got a PS3, Left4Dead not out on PS3

The poor lad. So it depends on whether he wants a good single player or multiplayer game.
    Just bought my brother a 360 elite and he got cod5, is loving it.
    I have the other games and love them both. Hard to choose.

Advertisement