Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - TOUR OF THE UNIVERSE 2009

Options
  • 23-11-2008 11:34am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, the dates are announced a while now but no sign of Ireland popping up on yet, don't want to head abroad again for a concert, anyone and idea of whether we'll get a date or what?
    Also, anyone got their tickets yet for a European show?
    Thinking of the London show myself...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

DM are playing outdoor stadia on this tour (bar the O2 in London). Its highly unlikely they'll play outdoor in Ireland.After Europe, they'll play the U.S and hopefully return to Europe for a 2nd leg of indoor shows, but I wouldnt hold my breath.In addition to seeing DM in Dublin in 1993 and 2006, Ive also travelled to see them in Manchester in 2001 and Barcelona 2005.They are definitley worth the trek abroad and in my opinion, seeing them in the Stade de France, Paris or Olympic Stadium in Rome would be incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm not travelling this time. I've gone to the UK to see them on the last few tours. I'd already bought a ticket for Manchester when they added Dublin to the Touring the Angel schedule, so I did both, and was glad I did, 'cos Manchester was a longer show, and had the full stage set with the globe and the walkway.
    That was my favourite DM show, although my favourite DM-related gig was Martin Gore's solo show in London for Counterfeit 2. Stunning.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I agree. The Barcelona show in 2005 had the full stage set, whereas Dublin had a stripped down version. However, I prefered the Dublin setlist. "Nothings impossible" and "leave in silence" were fantastic.

poundhound wrote: »
    I prefered the Dublin setlist. "Nothings impossible" and "leave in silence" were fantastic.

Yeah, and it was great to see them in Dublin, especially since they hadn't played here in so long. Plus, the huge faction up the front who were chanting Boys Say Go! Hilarious. But the MEN still wins out for me, if only for Martin doing Shake the Disease in his solo spot, which was unbelievable.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ah, the wonderful memories, London is the most familiar to me, cheapish to get to also

• Advertisement

O2 sold out, ticket prices crazy on the web :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Think i'll try go to Stade de France this time.....

What ye' think of the new single "Wrong"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2GaCnAiuvo

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Its good. I like it. Have you heard come back yet? Its on you tube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Intresting to see that two great bands from the 80s, Depeche Mode and Ultravox are back touring .I seen both in concert before in mid 80s .Depeche in Amsterdam and Ultravox in Dublin .:)

It always amazes me to see Depeche called an 80s band when you consider the great albums released in 1990 violator, sofd 93, ultra 97.
    Not to mention exciter2001 and pta 2005 plus world tours and chart hits.

Are REM and u2 called 80s bands?
    A lot of misconceptions about DM. Every album is called a "comback"..Like it takes a year to make and a year to tour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Might be because those bands were from that early 80s era ,still fresh in the public eye and nothing to do with the albums thay were recording then or later in the 90s.

from the snippets I have heard looks like a good album is a coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RAMAN

Wrong is a great song. Hope the new cd is up to the same standard. I was lucky enough to get a ticket for the 02, so can't wait for that!

god you were lucky!any spare!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Big surprise... Depeche Mode Dublin gig confirmed for the O2, 10th December 2009.

Long ways off, though I wasn't expecting an Irish date at all so great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

There's a slim chance that my flatmate can wangle me a (box!) ticket for the London o2 gig... Every part of my body that can possibly do it is crossed right now!

ZOMG!!!111, AWESOME! Dublin Tickets go on sale March 27th, next friday.

:D:):eek::p;)

CC

nice one, tks for the heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RAMAN

This is great news. They should be well warmed up by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

What time will they go on sale next friday?

Can't wait for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

So going. Kept missing my chance time and time again. :D

Saw the ad in The Sunday Times this morning. Couldn't believe it. Delighted. As for the inevitable 80s association, I remember telling someone a few years ago that I was going to see them in Manchester (on the Exciter tour) and the response was, "Oh, are they still going?" Argh! :rolleyes:

Tickets €65.70 and €68.20 eek

Pre-sale Wednesday

From the Ticketmaster website
    "Occasionally, some events will be available to purchase over the Internet in advance of the general public onsale. These presales frequently require a password that may be distributed by the venue, artist, team, or promoter of either the event or the presale, or distributed by Ticketmaster. Often, these passwords are distributed to exclusive members of clubs or certain other types of groups and cannot be offered to members of the public. Links may be published on the Event Information page at the time of presale. Ticketmaster charge-by-phone and Customer Service representatives usually cannot give out passwords. If an event is scheduled for presale and we are authorized to publish so in advance, the event page may list an "Internet Presale" date in the ticket onsale information.
    When entering your presale password, please ensure you are entering it in the appropriate box.

Internet presales are usually sold from an allotment of seats, which may not reflect the same availability during the public onsale. Internet presales provide the advantage of exclusive purchasing windows in advance of the public onsale, which often results in less people competing for the pool of available seats. However, Internet presales may also have limited seating available in various areas - these presales are intended as advance purchasing windows and do not necessarily provide access to better seating. In fact, it is possible that you may be able to obtain tickets for better seats at the general public onsale than those that you purchase through a presale. We must remind you that Ticketmaster does not offer refunds or exchanges, so you will not be able to replace the tickets you obtain at a presale with other tickets that subsequently become available. "

Does anyone know if the presale will require a passcode?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

O2 Presale
    Start: Wed 25/03/09, 09:00
    End: Fri 27/03/09, 08:00

If you are an o2 customer you should get a presale code in a text tomorrow.

Standing or seating thats the question ??

Standing!
    Reach out and touch Dave... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

€65 or 70 quid is a tad too much for me, although going by Irish prices, its not spoiled. Id have prefered an outdoor gig though, marlay park or something, screw the o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Think it was €55 in 2006 and I'm well happy to pay an extra tenner for the improvements being in the O2 will bring. We only got HALF the stage last time. :(

Qprmeath wrote: »
    O2 Presale
    Start: Wed 25/03/09, 09:00
    End: Fri 27/03/09, 08:00

If you are an o2 customer you should get a presale code in a text tomorrow.

If it's a generic code could you post it here ? I know the other concerts codes have all been "wrong"

***EDIT

You can get the pre-sale password texted to your mobile here............

http://www.o2blueroom.ie/Gig-and-Ticket-Guide/Events/DEPECHE-MODE.aspx

CC

• Advertisement

code in hand, better not be sh1te seats else a waste of time

Advertisement