Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - TOUR OF THE UNIVERSE 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Has anybody been to the venue??? im thinking of booking seats this time but dont want to be to far back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Anyone having problems booking in the presale? Should be on sale now but still getting not available even though the page before says find tickets. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nope, I got my 2 standing tickets there......now I just have to wait till december...... :cool:

CC

*here's a code if anyone needs one: ctDrkbWH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

didn't come online until 9.07, seats in kk booked, whoo hoo, ggggggoooooooooooddddddd eeeeeeevvvvvvvvveeeeeegnnnnnnniiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggggg dddddddddddddduuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbbbllllllliiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Booked mine in section A (off to the right-hand side). Can anyone tell me what the view is like from there. I've been told with the new layout that there isn't a bad view in the place. Is it true?

• Advertisement

paulie13 wrote: »
    Booked mine in section A (off to the right-hand side). Can anyone tell me what the view is like from there. I've been told with the new layout that there isn't a bad view in the place. Is it true?

Yeah should be fine,thats the "Martin" side check this link:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=30355644

Looks like there was some sort of problem. Friend had similar issues.. got in finallly though. I got standing but in "E2" I assume thats the entrance number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

CombatCow wrote: »
    If it's a generic code could you post it here ? I know the other concerts codes have all been "wrong"

***EDIT

You can get the pre-sale password texted to your mobile here............

http://www.o2blueroom.ie/Gig-and-Ticket-Guide/Events/DEPECHE-MODE.aspx

CC

I thanked you but still want to say thanks again........... great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Took me a while too but got there in the end! Phew!!

Seeing them in Prague in June too - can't wait! Fairplay CC for that O2 link! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SIBHCHEVIE

Getting really annoyed with ticketmaster now I've been trying all morning to get tickets and its not letting me through every time I click on the Depeche Mode link on the home page to find tickets it keeps saying loading page and then it eventually says sorry cannot process request.

Hopes of a ticket are slowly slipping away :mad:!!!!

• Advertisement

Yeah I try'd again at 9:30 and it looked like they were all gone at that stage. Try again friday at 9am.

CC

I know I was on at 8.45 ready and waiting to go. Then nothing and I have been trying every few mins since 9a.m. I never had this problem with Kings of Leon or AC/DC. Tried ringing their help line and shock horror waiting in line to be answered for 15mins then they hang up on me. I will keep trying anyway.

I highly doubt I'll get a sniff of a ticket fri morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Got mine this morning, roll on December.
    Was an amazing gig in '06....

I highly doubt I'll get a sniff of a ticket fri morning

You should be grand, tickets for the 06 gig were on sale for quite a while and there appeared to be loads of room at the gig itself

2006 was utterly jammers to the point of making it difficult to enjoy the gig I felt. Also pretty sure it sold out pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I remember 2006 went onsale during the Christmas period of '05 and sold out completely in about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

For those who tried the pre-sale thing yesterday and failed, it might be worth getting another code and trying again. A friend of mine did it last night around 7pm and got tickets no hassle. Might be worth a try rather than waiting til friday.

Just got mine on that o2 thing, friend got me a password.

That's myself and the wife's Christmas presents to ourselves out of the way.

Wahoo got our tickets last night on the O2 blueroom website. Excellent can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RAMAN

Just went to buy tickets for Depeche Mode on ticket master's site. Tickets are 68.20 or 65.70 fair enough! + service charge of 6.35 each (in my case x 3) an extra 19.05 euro. Well f**k them I'm not paying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

RAMAN wrote: »
    Just went to buy tickets for Depeche Mode on ticket master's site. Tickets are 68.20 or 65.70 fair enough! + service charge of 6.35 each (in my case x 3) an extra 19.05 euro. Well f**k them I'm not paying it.

Same for me, was going to buy tickets online there but there's no way I'm paying those service charges. I'll pick mine up at Sound Cellar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

for that reason i am out too

thats 10% of the ticket price and seems to be creeping up all the time.
    like ryanair etc its profit thinly disguised as overhead

how its tolerated i'll never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RAMAN

I went into Ticket Master in Stephens Green shopping centre and got the three tickets at face value. No service charge when you pay cash! Not complaining but it's a funny situation when the same company has different fees for the same product depending on how you the customer pay.:confused:

RAMAN wrote: »
    Not complaining but it's a funny situation when the same company has different fees for the same product depending on how you the customer pay.:confused:

And unlike just about any other company, the option where you do all the work at a computer and it just churns out the tickets, you pay them a handling charge, and where they have to hire staff to deal with you face to face and actually handle the matter you don't pay them a handling charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Toast wrote: »
    2006 was utterly jammers to the point of making it difficult to enjoy the gig I felt. Also pretty sure it sold out pretty quickly.

I got mine at 9 this morning, stayed awake all night just to get them & they are still availabke now ;) chance ya take i suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We got tickets at 10.30 at St. Stephens Green this morning, sitting 10 rows from the back, hope that they will be OK to view, is my first concert in 3 years as I had some health problems. Wonder what the age profile will be - will we be the oldest at 35? The funny thing is that I did not like them when I was a kid but started to get into them in the 90's, we only have a few of their albums, better get the new one - we love 'Wrong' and rather sadly I think that Dave Gahan is cute :o

will we be the oldest at 35?
    I very much doubt it :(

Yeah I was expecting the age group to be on the other side of 30 when I saw them here in 2006, and I wasent wrong, I was 24 at the time. It's great to get such an age variation tho :pac:

Luke G wrote: »
    I got mine at 9 this morning, stayed awake all night just to get them & they are still availabke now ;) chance ya take i suppose...

Jeez, thats hardcore.

CC

CathyMoran wrote: »
    will we be the oldest at 35?

Good Lord no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Wonder what the age profile will be - will we be the oldest at 35?
    I will be 36 if thats any consolation :pac:

Advertisement