Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - TOUR OF THE UNIVERSE 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Luke G wrote: »
    I got mine at 9 this morning, stayed awake all night just to get them & they are still availabke now ;) chance ya take i suppose...

For God sake Pal get real
    Its still not sold out and will be a slow burner..DM are not at all popular here..Remember the Point last time was half foreign! All heading back...No rush on buying..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

CathyMoran wrote: »
    will we be the oldest at 35?

I can give you a resounding no to that one. I knew a couple of people in their 40s going to it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

DM have been around for what, 25 years? I think 35 year olds will be around the average at the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

I saw these guys in 1986 play the RDS on the Black Celebration tour. Missed them every time they returned since....until now. Woohoo!

Yes....before you state the obvious, I AM OLD. :rolleyes:

Jen ;->

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

eth0_ wrote: »
    DM have been around for what, 25 years? I think 35 year olds will be around the average at the gig!

Try 30 in a years time! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Gig in London off tonight.

Depeche Mode’s show at London's O2 Arena this Saturday has been cancelled.

A spokesman said lead singer Dave Gahan is under doctors' orders to rest after a severe bout of gastroenteritis.

A new date for the May 30 show will be announced shortly.

A spokesman said: 'Dave Gahan sincerely thanks his fans for their support, understanding and patience.

'Depeche Mode deeply regret any problems or inconveniences the cancellations and postponements may have caused.'

The news comes after the group scrapped their concert in Athens earlier this month at the last minute after Gahan was taken to hospital.
    The influential British synth-rock act - whose hits include Just Can't Get Enough and Enjoy The Silence - were due to perform in Greek capital Athens last night as part of their world tour.
    But concert organisers told the 20,000 audience who were waiting patiently that the gig was being cancelled after Gahan, 47, fell ill in his dressing room with suspected gastroenteritis.
    In footage of the announcement posted on YouTube, a spokesman for the band drew whistles and groans as he said: "Dave Gahan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For people attending this, the band Soulsavers are the support. My face literally resembled this :eek: when I heard that news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I can't see thread on the show so said I'd go ahead and start one. Anyone else looking forward to seeing them as much as me?

I think these are the last of my favourites than it's possible to see, that I haven't yet, if that makes sense! 74 euro I paid for the ticket, not a bad price for one of the better bands on the go. Support is from Soulsavers, won't be in a mad hurry to go in see them as long as I'm in time for the main act. Lets go Dave! Won't be long now.

http://www.depechemode.com/tour/setlists.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Probably the only tad pricey gig I'm going to this year.

Shame they've dropped Master and Servant and Strangelove from the setlist, or at least it seems they have. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It'll be worth the money. Unlike the last time they played the Point with half a stage. :mad:

Dublin
    177032591_39f1bdfe9f.jpg

Barcelona
    98223897_3d7ff0b3c6.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

http://www.myspace.com/delectromovement

^^^Afterparty details.

I saw them at Stade De France back in June but I'm probably looking forward to this gig more because the 02 looks like a great venue and chances are I'll make it bang up the front, unlike SDF where the front was open only to deluxe special tickets.

Still, seeing 60,000 odd people on the streets of Saint Denis and sitting there getting battered all that day before the concert in the sun was just the best feeling ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jarvisob

excellent was at the after show party in the white horse the last time ... great night

I'll be coming up from Cork so I don't have a clue here but how far is the after party venue from the 02/the Jury's hotel on the road leading up to the 02?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I'll be coming up from Cork so I don't have a clue here but how far is the after party venue from the 02/the Jury's hotel on the road leading up to the 02?

I will be travelling up from the south too for the DM show. Going by the address of Pravda I guess that it's no more than a 10-15 min walk from the O2. Might just head along to this it sounds like a good night.

What should I expect, plenty fans still high after a cracking gig I hope, chatting and listening to The Mode on the stereo???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah hopefully the LUAS line to the O2 will be running by then, and it's a quick trip to city center/pravda :)

Looking forward to the gig aftershow party aswell, the white horse inn was great lastime.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jarvisob

it's by the hay penny bridge on o connell side.... cool bar ... run by cork people i think

Cheers lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Jenroche wrote: »
    I saw these guys in 1986 play the RDS on the Black Celebration tour. Missed them every time they returned since....until now. Woohoo!

Yes....before you state the obvious, I AM OLD. :rolleyes:

Jen ;->

What part of the RDS was it?? open air arena ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

woohoo i can't wait until the concert :) not too much longer to go
    is there still no parking at the 02??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lil'bug wrote: »
    woohoo i can't wait until the concert :) not too much longer to go
    is there still no parking at the 02??

There's parking but not official, drive past the O2 along the quays towards town, there's 2 unofficial car parks about 150 yards from the venue, i think it's €10 a car

• Registered Users Posts: 4 devotional

anybody goin to the gig in london in feb. two of us headin over lookin for somewhere to go after the show

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

The docklands Luas extension is opening Dec 8th Good news for anyone going to the DM gig....Just in time :)

http://www.rpa.ie/en/news/Pages/RPAChiefExecutiveconfirmsopeningofLuasDocklandstoOireachtasJointCommittee.aspx

http://www.depechemode.com/news.html

Nominated for two grammy's. That's a shock! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

4 days to go!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

is this sold out? ticketmaster won't work on work 'net!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah tiz sold out, might be some tickets going on gumtree...

CC

Head over to the official forums there's usually a few people trying to flog tix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

or try www.toutless.com , there seems to be plenty of tickets up for sale

Advertisement