Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - TOUR OF THE UNIVERSE 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

3 days to go!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Does anyone know what time there on stage at? Will be running a little late from work and want to make sure im there on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Just wondering what people reckon would be a good time to head down there in order to get up the front? Y'see I'm quite short so if I'm going to have any chance of being able to see anything I'm going to have to be there early. Any ideas?

Jen ;->

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Jenroche wrote: »
    Just wondering what people reckon would be a good time to head down there in order to get up the front? Y'see I'm quite short so if I'm going to have any chance of being able to see anything I'm going to have to be there early. Any ideas?

Jen ;->
    I was thinking the same thing. I want to get up the front as well. And I have never been up to the 02 before like. Is everyone lining up outside the one gate or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I was thinking the same thing. I want to get up the front as well. And I have never been up to the 02 before like. Is everyone lining up outside the one gate or what?

Ok if you have been to the old Point before forget it, do not use it as a reference for the new venue. It's vastly improved in every respect. There are different entry points depending on which part of the arena you are in. Long queues are almost eliminated. There are opitions for bars, toilets exits etc. I have been there a few times now and always found it to be a well run place. One point if you are up the top level the steps are quite steep so best to go easy on the gaggle!!

As for times I'm not in possession of my ticket yet so don't know what it says for doors open but I'd imagine the Main act will be on by 9 at the latest. Will need to get confirmation on this but I'm gonna be having a few scoops in a pub across the river til about 8 and wander over then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Ok if you have been to the old Point before forget it, do not use it as a reference for the new venue. It's vastly improved in every respect. There are different entry points depending on which part of the arena you are in. Long queues are almost eliminated. There are opitions for bars, toilets exits etc. I have been there a few times now and always found it to be a well run place. One point if you are up the top level the steps are quite steep so best to go easy on the gaggle!!

As for times I'm not in possession of my ticket yet so don't know what it says for doors open but I'd imagine the Main act will be on by 9 at the latest. Will need to get confirmation on this but I'm gonna be having a few scoops in a pub across the river til about 8 and wander over then.

Yeah I'd say there on about 9 which is normally the case for the O2, just need some confirmation to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

only 2 days to go
    i can't wait :D

Damn. The multiple entries are easy and better for most I suppose but with one line if I were up near the front at least I would actually know I am getting in first. I find with multiple lines that even if you are at the front of your own line by the time you get in the front of the stage is already packing up because people are coming from all sides.

Also, doors are at half 6, so I suspect maybe support at half 7, band at half 8? Even that's a stretch because I remember M83 only playing for about 12-16 minuets in Paris.

What happens then is a ten minuet period of waiting followed by ten minuets of 'DM' rotating on that sphere thing [Anton Corbijn calls it the 'Sphere Of Fear'.]

Also the minimal techno stuff that gets played before the concert is a Martin Gore mix you can get from the website.

I'd say if you are there at half 6 you'll have no problem getting up near the stage. Failing that elbow your way up!! With it being a weekday lots will be working so won't be there too early.

I'd say if you are there at half 6 you'll have no problem getting up near the stage. Failing that elbow your way up!! With it being a weekday lots will be working so won't be there too early.
    It's going to be a fairly good view for everybody anyway I reckon. The 02 standing section has a fairly long stage length but does not go back that far, plus there is a walkway that juts out so the atmosphere should be great.

I remember the point last time. No walkway, half a set :eek:.

• Advertisement

what year did they play in Ireland last?

Twas the 2006 playing the angel tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

The last time they played in Dublin was in 2006. Missed that one. I seen them in The Point in Dec 1993. Was a young lad of 15. Great night! Here was the setlist that night

Higher Love
    Policy of Truth
    World In My Eyes
    Walking in My Shoes
    Behind the Wheel
    Halo
    Stripped
    Condemnation
    A Question of Lust
    One Caress
    Mercy In You
    I Feel You
    Never Let Me Down Again
    Rush
    In Your Room

Encore:
    Personal Jesus
    Enjoy the Silence

Encore 2:
    Somebody
    Everything Counts

Source: setlist.fm

Monday 26 June 2006Depeche Mode
    The Point Theatre
    Dublin, Ireland

Sunday 12 December 1993Depeche Mode
    at The Point Theatre

Wednesday 02 April 1986Depeche Mode
    at RDS Stadium

Dublin, Ireland
    Friday 05 October 1984Depeche Mode
    at SFX Theatre

Thursday 04 October 1984Depeche Mode
    at SFX Theatre

Friday 09 September 1983Depeche Mode
    at SFX Theatre

Wednesday 06 October 1982Depeche Mode
    at National Stadium

Interesting to compare Setlists, this one below of from their last gig in Zurich on the 3rd.

In Chains
    Wrong
    Hole To Feed
    Walking In My Shoes
    It's No Good
    A Question Of Time
    Precious
    World In My Eyes
    Insight (sung by Martin)
    Home
    Miles Away / The Truth Is
    Policy Of Truth
    In Your Room
    I Feel You
    Enjoy The Silence
    Never Let Me Down Again

Encore #1
    One Caress
    Stripped
    Behind The Wheel
    Personal Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

48 hours to go (or 49 if they are coming on at 9pm):eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I don't care what backlash I'll get but I really want to hear I Just Can't Get Enough, it was one of the first singles where I knew all the words, since then I've every album and single but haven't managed to be at a gig where they've sung it.
    C'mon DM, just for me
    Halo would be nice too

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

No chance of either I'm afraid but despite my general apathy towards pre-Some Great Reward Mode I would love to see JCGE also. Let's face it, the crowd would eat it up. It was ****ing fantastic on the Playing The Angel DVD.

Just got an email from ticketmaster, support to go on at quarter to 8.

So 9 then for the Mode would be fair to say..

Seems like much longer intervals than when I was in Paris. No doubt the 02 management will delight at getting the punters to spend the free time knocking back some six euro pints!

• Advertisement

Last time it was a free for all for those with cameras, no apparent restrictions, anyone know tomorrow night's policy??

They are always cool with it up their from what I can tell unless you have a heavy duty zoomable journalist style jobbie hanging off your neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Not long to go now, better get my ass in gear and get my ticket printed off. I'm disappointed Fragile Tension hasn't really featured in the tour, it and Wrong are the stand out tracks on the new album for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What albums do you think the set list will be from?

Who is the support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

BostonB wrote: »
    What albums do you think the set list will be from?

Who is the support act?

The last 5 concerts on the tour had the following set list:

In Chains
    Wrong
    Hole To Feed
    Walking In My Shoes
    It's No Good
    A Question Of Time
    Precious
    World In My Eyes
    Insight (sung by Martin)
    Home
    Policy Of Truth
    In Your Room
    I Feel You
    Enjoy The Silence
    Never Let Me Down Again

Encore #1
    One Caress
    Stripped
    Behind The Wheel
    Personal Jesus

The support is Soulsavers, don't know too much about them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

akadesign wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time there on stage at? Will be running a little late from work and want to make sure im there on time.

Doors at 6.30 usually the main act starts between 7.45 and 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

This is what we have to look forward to tmw night. Cant friggin wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Charco wrote: »
    The last 5 concerts on the tour had the following set list:

In Chains
    Wrong
    Hole To Feed
    Walking In My Shoes
    It's No Good
    A Question Of Time
    Precious
    World In My Eyes
    Insight (sung by Martin)
    Home
    Policy Of Truth
    In Your Room
    I Feel You
    Enjoy The Silence
    Never Let Me Down Again

Encore #1
    One Caress
    Stripped
    Behind The Wheel
    Personal Jesus

The support is Soulsavers, don't know too much about them to be honest.

No Peace? :( They played it in Prague and it was brilliant. My favourite song on the new album too. Oh well.. Some beauties in there to make up for it!

Can't wait for tonight!

and so the day arrives.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Get there early to shout for Puppets! :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement