Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depeche Mode - TOUR OF THE UNIVERSE 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

No ticket advertising allowed guys, refer to the sticky on top of this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Can't wait to go! I'm so thrilled with the seats I got. Would I be ok with an ickle digital camera or will it be taken off me and crushed under heel.

I haven't been to The Point since Boyzone years ago...

*Blonde Moment*

Are you allowed to bring bags into the O2 or do you have to use (probably overpriced) cloakroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 devotional

where's everybody goin after the gig i heard pravda are havin a bit of a mode night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

"Can't wait to go! I'm so thrilled with the seats I got. Would I be ok with an ickle digital camera or will it be taken off me and crushed under heel.

I haven't been to The Point since Boyzone years ago..."

doctor evil

You can bring bags in which maybe be searched. As for camera's last time the where hunting for camera's in the crowed but I am sure an odd photo would be ok. Just keep an eye on other people using them :)

Boyzone what where you at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Can't wait to go! I'm so thrilled with the seats I got. Would I be ok with an ickle digital camera or will it be taken off me and crushed under heel... Are you allowed to bring bags into the O2 or do you have to use (probably overpriced) cloakroom?

You can bring a bag in, but there aren't any cloakrooms, so you'll have to hang onto it. Also, they'll probably search it for contraband. :D You should be grand bringing a camera in though. So many people do nowadays, they can't police it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

okay, which one of ye bas@#rds broke into my house and stole my Violator tee-shirt, I had it for the '90? and '06 Point concerts so it should still be around:(
    Fook it, a Star Wars tee will have to do.
    Heading out the door now onto those big road things so see ye all later and ENJOY

REACH OUT AND TOUCH FAITH

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

You can bring a bag in
    Excellent, she'd be pissed off if she had to wait in the car all evening
    It's okay, she doesn't read boards stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

3 hours to go! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Now to pick a tshirt...
    :D:):p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't miss Soulsavers....ye lucky so-and-so's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I missed Soulsavers.

Great gig, but man am I partial to the 80s shít (anything off Construction Time Again, Some Great Reward, Black Celebration, etc.) but still deadly gig. New Luas is fúckin' handy.

I thought the beginning of the gig was quite subdued, and even though it picked up after the first three "new" songs, the peak was "I feel you" and ETS.
    Overall great, a very "open" stage" with little to interfere between us and them.
    Martin's choices were well em....could have been better, not saying they weren't great, it just he has better, Home was his best.

Oh and loved the deal pixel for PJ at the end

Well done the Mode and we'll keep you to your parting comment "see you next time". I will.
    2064754720_c64704f1b5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Absolutely loved the gig, as always.
    Although I'm disappointed they didn't play Fly on the Windscreen. I was really lokoing forward to that one from all the other set lists I'd seen.
    But still, it was a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Best gig in many years for me :) and the O2 and Luas together made going to the gig relaxing. Enjoy the silence my fav :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Amazing performance from DM, - highlights for me were Enjoy the Silence and Personal Jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gracietwo

gar32 wrote: »
    Best gig in many years for me :) and the O2 and Luas together made going to the gig relaxing. Enjoy the silence my fav :)

Totally agree Gar,
    Enjoyed every minute with World In My Eyes being a highlight for me. :)
    Did anyone manage to get any good pics?

gracietwo wrote: »
    Totally agree Gar,
    Enjoyed every minute with World In My Eyes being a highlight for me. :)
    Did anyone manage to get any good pics?

not mine.. 'borrowed'.. :D

20090507_luxembourg_01.jpg?w=498&h=324
    20090507_luxembourg_06.jpg?w=498&h=324

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Just awesome.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Phenomenal. Probably the best time I've seen them. I couldn't fault the set list, much as I would have liked them to have done a few of the tracks that they'd done earlier in the tour, like the aforementioned Fly on the Windscreen. Also, Waiting for the Night as a closing comedown would have been nice, but even so, an excellent show.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Great gig. Much rocker than you'd think. Great drummer and man their voices are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I thought the roof was going to come off towards the end when they rolled out the old crowdpleasers. The subwoofers must have been almost loosening the rivets in the place during I Feel You.

Gore still has a good set of pipes on him, great rendition of Home.

Great gig, hadn't been to the o2 yet, is a good setup, luas very handy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

Really enjoyed the gig - not being a huge DM fan I was interested to see what songs they would play and they didnt disappoint. Personal faves for me where "Question of Time", "enjoy the Silence" and "Personal Jesus".

First time in the O2, great spot (apart from the drink prices)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mielag

Much better then 05/06 tour! Stage was amazing - awesome gig!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Stunning! Best gig I've been to since the Pixies in the National Stadium in 1990. My highlights started with the pre-show music, "World in my Eyes" when we had lift off and The Wave at the end of NLMDA. I think Dave was gobsmacked during ETS, we did the all vocal work for him...:D

Thanks to the "up for it" Irish fans. Thank you Depeche Mode! See you next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Really enjoyed the gig. Better than the last time I saw them in Manchester a few years ago. Home, Never let me down and Behind the Wheel were amazing. Like others, disappointed they didn't play Fly on the Windscreen and Waiting for the Night (though I wasn't expecting to here the latter). Was my first time in the O2 and was quite impressed. The after-party in Pravda was good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Stunning! Best gig I've been to since the Pixies in the National Stadium in 1990. My highlights started with the pre-show music, "World in my Eyes" when we had lift off and The Wave at the end of NLMDA. I think Dave was gobsmacked during ETS, we did the all vocal work for him...:D

Thanks to the "up for it" Irish fans. Thank you Depeche Mode! See you next year!

I didn't get to go, I was heratbroekn last night so me and my flatmate drank a bottle of buckfast and blared 101..I nearly cried after a few drinks!

When you say see you next year, do you mean they're playing again next year??
    Did they say that??

I thought this would be their last time touring/playing..

If so it's gonna make my f*cking day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Dave said "see you next year" as the band walked offstage after the encore. Let's hope they come back again! Nitzer Ebb are supporting them early next year for some shows. Some lucky fans there in 2010! First time for us in the O2 last night, I have to say it's a great improvement on the old Point that I remember from the late 1980s. Toilets, bars and seats are good and the arena floor looks good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Dave said "see you next year" as the band walked offstage after the encore.

Think he said "see you next time". Suppose it could be next year.

I'd echo everything already said above - fantastic performance! I Feel You was superb. Martin's songs were something else too especially Insight.

If I could, I'd love to catch them again before this tour ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭GalwayDub2

Absolutely brilliant night. Even better than 3 years ago (I met them backstage at that concert, so nothing beats that:D:D:D) but the sound and the playlist were just brilliant last night.

I wish it was this time yesterday :(

• Advertisement

GalwayDub2 wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant night. Even better than 3 years ago (I met them backstage at that concert, so nothing beats that:D:D:D) but the sound and the playlist were just brilliant last night.

I wish it was this time yesterday :(

+1.. well around 8-ish as I want to be out of work.. last time I saw them was 16 years ago :eek:!.. jaysus I'm getting old!.. but I didn't have the good fortune to meet them backstage.. I am well jealous!..

Advertisement