Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passed the theory test but...

Options
  • 23-11-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

Hey there.

I passed my theory test yesterday but the printer in the test center was unable to print my certificate. They could print my results fine and when they went to print my cert it was all messed up. The guy in the center said he couldn't try to print it again because of the Data Protection act and said "It will probably be a week or two before you receive it from the head office".

To be honest, I'm kind of raging. I was hoping to get my license on Monday.

Has this happened to any of you before? Is there any way to get the license without the cert and provide the cert once it arrives, or get the cert sooner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Unfortunately you will need to have the cert before you can apply for a learner permit. Not much you can do really, i'm sure it's just a once off technical issue on the day you did your theory test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

And also to note. It takes more than a week to get your permit. I had to wait 9 days....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Thanks guys. I guess I just have to wait it out. :o

Advertisement