Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

theory test

Options
  • 23-11-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

First of all I passed fine but when I was doing the test a question came up that I didn't remember seeing in the book or the cd (I had 2 hours to spare in a cafe before going into the test so I skimmed the book, all the questions were fresh in my head). Anyway, I forgot to say it to the guy working there but on the train home I checked and it wasn't in there. Ages ago I also noticed that a question had a misprint (on page71, overtaking the cyclists).

Me being me decided to email the crowd to tell them, incase someone got caught out by those. I did this and they said they were going to check it out, I forgot about it, thinking they would see there mistake and do something about it. This is the reply I got
    Don’t know whether or not you wanted feedback after your email about your theory test. As you know I asked Prometric to go through the questions assigned to you. Prometric, after going through your assigned test, told me last week that all the questions were in the theory test book.

I know it's not in the book or cd, so it got me thinking that they didn't bother to check it so then if someone had a bigger problem with it would they do anything?

It was an easy question but because I hadn't seen it before it flustered me for a few seconds.
    If anyone wants to find/not find it in the book the question was 'two vehicles each travelling at 80km/h colide head on, the speed of impact is...' The other two questions like this are 60km/h and 100km/h both on pg 122

I just want to make it clear I'm not sore because I got it wrong, I got all 40 questions right, its more that they said it was in the book. I wouldn't care if they said it wasn't in the book but couldn't amend it.
    I've the new 3rd edition so maybe it was in the older ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Orla K wrote: »
    First of all I passed fine but when I was doing the test a question came up that I didn't remember seeing in the book or the cd (I had 2 hours to spare in a cafe before going into the test so I skimmed the book, all the questions were fresh in my head). Anyway, I forgot to say it to the guy working there but on the train home I checked and it wasn't in there. Ages ago I also noticed that a question had a misprint (on page71, overtaking the cyclists).

Me being me decided to email the crowd to tell them, incase someone got caught out by those. I did this and they said they were going to check it out, I forgot about it, thinking they would see there mistake and do something about it. This is the reply I got

I know it's not in the book or cd, so it got me thinking that they didn't bother to check it so then if someone had a bigger problem with it would they do anything?

It was an easy question but because I hadn't seen it before it flustered me for a few seconds.
    If anyone wants to find/not find it in the book the question was 'two vehicles each travelling at 80km/h colide head on, the speed of impact is...' The other two questions like this are 60km/h and 100km/h both on pg 122

I just want to make it clear I'm not sore because I got it wrong, I got all 40 questions right, its more that they said it was in the book. I wouldn't care if they said it wasn't in the book but couldn't amend it.
    I've the new 3rd edition so maybe it was in the older ones?
    That's a bit of a ramble there Orla - what exactly are you saying?

1. There is a misprint in the question relating to overtaking cyclists? (I can't find any - it would be a lot clearer if you detailed the misprint).

2. The two vehicles colliding question - what is the problem with that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Orla K wrote: »

That question is on pg 123 of the Second Edition, dont have the 3rd edition at present but I imagine its still there as the changes were minor.

Not sure what the misprint you are referring to on pg 71, question about overtaking the cyclist looks OK to me (again 2nd Edition) although admittedly answer (b) could have been phrased better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

That's a bit of a ramble there Orla - what exactly are you saying?

1. There is a misprint in the question relating to overtaking cyclists? (I can't find any - it would be a lot clearer if you detailed the misprint).

It did end up in a bit of a ramble, bad habit of mine. It turns out the problem is with the 3rd edition of the book. The cyclist question is about overtaking, it shows a picture and the picture is the misprint. It's basicly cyclist on the left, then a continuous white line, then a broken white line. The answer is to cross the broken white line but that's on the other side. They just got the picture a bit mixed up with the next question

Advertisement