Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SLIP UP!!!

• 23-11-2008 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

ok, been off the fags for 2 months now...feel great, no cravings etc etc...BUT I went on a lads holiday to amsterdam last week and did as the dutch do...

apart from smoking the green stuff, i also treated myself to some cigarettes...i figured, im on holiday bla bla blah...so smoked a few ciggies...

now im home, i havnt touched one, dont want one, cos it jus feels weird smoking at home....but i do feel guilty abt it and feel i hav to start from day one over again...

im sorry i failed you guys! i went from
    "Hi P! You quit 2 months, 2 minutes & 2 seconds ago. You have *not* smoked 915 cigs, saved EUR 366 and added 3.18 days to your life."

to

"Hi P! You quit 6 days, 7 minutes & 49 seconds ago. You have *not* smoked 90 cigs, saved EUR 36 and added 7.50 hours to your life."
    on the plus side, i dont crave them and the ciggarettes i had did not get me hooked...BUT BE CAREFUL!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Hey man,

You slipped up, it's not the best thing to have happened but look at it this way:

You were able to smoke a few and now don't want to smoke when you are home. You are getting closer to being a non-smoker, probably a lot closer than a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

yeah, im back a few weeks now and doin well...mates givin me a hard time for givin in on holiday, but feck it, i was on holiday.

I gained confidence in myself before going away and that certainly helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

Don't beat yourself up, we're all human. I'm off them 8 months this month, and I had a slip up or 2, the important thing is to learn from it and move on, don't feel guilty. Don't either fall into the trap and think that you can smoke on the odd special occasion though. Even though I slipped up, I still treat my original quit date as that. It's funny, smoking is acutally starting to repulse me, I never never thought I'd reach that stage! As someone said to me, if you were on a diet and had one or slip ups in a couple of months, you;d still think you;re brilliant. It's an amazing thing you are doing, keep it up!

Advertisement