Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do ye girls only seem to go for GAA jocks?

Options
  • 23-11-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

A very common thing i've noticed in my college.
    All girls only seem to go for the GAA jocks and don't quite give much of a chance to the other more intellectual guys.
    Why is this so?

Or maybe to put it another why do ye seem to prefer a not that intellectual GAA playing jock over a more intellectual musician or something...? Ya know, someone who can write and sing to you songs about love, lust, philosophy and hate...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

those people are gay. anyone wud prefer someone with good condition rather than some skinny moron writing potry....ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I don't think I could ever go out with someone who was really into sports tbh, they'd be forever training, nagging at me to go to their silly matches and might end up with something like that 'beefcake' look which I really don't find attractive.

Musicians and poets ftw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Agree with Living Dead Girl. I've no interest in GAA jocks, their sport talk would bore me to tears, for a start. Would much prefer a musician.

Hang on in there, OP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't worry they'll come back to us when their biological clock starts a ticking since they won't want culchie babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Lol, almost every girl in my college doing physiotherapy says the reason they're doing it is to be able to get in the Irish rugby team or something and work their hands on all of those "hot" jocks...
    And those jocks seem to get all the girls too...

Maybe i need to stop writing hate songs n move to some more positive love songs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Eugh.. jocks, no thanks. No GAA culchie for me. No rugger bugger either.

I likes my musicians and artists. Love men with a bit of rocker to them; piercings, tattoos. Mmmm...

Also, what college are you in???

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

camel toe wrote: »
    those people are gay. anyone wud prefer someone with good condition rather than some skinny moron writing potry....ROFL

camel toe, if you have nothing more coherent to add to the discussion I suggest you stay out of it. There will be no further warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Hasn't this been done already?
    All girls only seem to go for the GAA jocks and don't quite give much of a chance to the other more intellectual guys.

So GAA lads aren't intelligent at all? Bit of a sweeping generalisation there.
    Ya know, someone who can write and sing to you songs about love, lust, philosophy and hate...

There's a lot of "musicians" who overestimate their ability to write and perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I've never seen girls only going for GAA jocks(isnt it GAA heads btw?) and I went to a big hurling school *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Girls doing physiotherapy are always going to be interested in sports and sportsmen. That doesn't mean that all girls have the same tastes.

Besides when these 'jocks' get over their peak and hit their 30's they'll stop being able to play so much regular sport and all that muscle will turn to fat! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

If girls went for you you'd have no inspiration for your songwriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Besides when these 'jocks' get over their peak and hit their 30's they'll stop being able to play so much regular sport and all that muscle will turn to fat! ;)

I assume that comment was said tongue in cheek but incase it wasn't..

You do realise that there isn't some magical button that gets pressed after you turn 30 that you suddenly become incapable of doing sports? Just because you are passed your peak/retire doesn't mean you have to stop doing sports. Some people do of course but a lot of people after doing sports for most of their lives will have it ingrained in them to keep doing it in some shape or form.

To the op. I imagine that it is a phase that a lot(some?) of women go through. The thing you gotta ask yourself is, would you really be compatible anyway since at this point in your lives you have such wildly different interests.

I also gotta say that just cos you play GAA, rugby or football doesn't mean that that is all you think about or that you can't be intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ya know, someone who can write and sing to you songs about love, lust, philosophy and hate...

Maybe those girls don't liking going out with self indulgent new age poets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Ah i don't know, i'd probably tend to go for someone who is outgoing, social and up for a laugh rather than someone who is serious etc...

So i think as a whole those GAA guys are part of a big obvious social group. It really is each to their own at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

ive so far manage to stay away form gaa head type boys! and i live in Kilkenny:P !

maybe these girls are attracted to the person OP , and not just beacuse there "Gaa heads" , or is someone looking at to much american tv where all the jocks get the girls?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Personally I'd rather not date a guy that assumes the women he's been observing within his college represent the female population as a whole... *shrug*

Hmm...
    Well, i guess i did sorta stereotype the gaa heads up there, i know they're not all just training and game.
    And i'm not very self indulgent at all... well, okay maybe a little :p

I wasn't really very serious when i started this thread either.
    Just a little observation where the girls always seem to get all drooly over GAA heads.
    So wondering if there was more to it or was it just something teenage girls go through...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

As a matter of interest, OP, why are you interested in girls who are interested in GAA heads?

What about the "intellectual" girls?

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, OP, why are you interested in girls who are interested in GAA heads?

What about the "intellectual" girls?

There are none... :p

Yes, i just dug a hole... :pac:

mj3h4k.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

camel toe wrote: »
    Zaph wrote: »
    camel toe, if you have nothing more coherent to add to the discussion I suggest you stay out of it. There will be no further warnings.

Do you understand what the word coherent means ?

What camel toe says makes sense and is very clear ( coherent ) .

He is right that it is normal to be attracted to someone who is fit and healthy.

And he is also right that a higher percentage of musicans and people in the entertainment business are gay, than in other walks of life like gaa for example.

green123 wrote: »
    Do you understand what the word coherent means ?

What camel toe says makes sense and is very clear ( coherent ) .

He is right that it is normal to be attracted to someone who is fit and healthy.

And he is also right that a higher percentage of musicans and people in the entertainment business are gay, than in other walks of life like gaa for example.

camel toe is a serial troll and I was laying down a marker for him that his antics will not be tolerated here. His argument may have been valid, but it was made in about as trollish a manner as he could make it. You, on the other hand, have made the same point clearly and without recourse to abuse, which is fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

There are none... :p

Yes, i just dug a hole... :pac:

I find it shocking that you cant seem to find a girl willing to go out with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

All girls only seem to go for the GAA jocks.

Since when do girls wear jocks?

Maybe it's only the sporty chicks that wear the GAA Jocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

GAA heads are a big turn off in my opinion. Besides, it's usually the fake tan, abercrombie wearing, ugg boot girls who go for them, so you're not missing out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I much prefer the intellectual to the sports player, love someone I can have a conversation with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

green123 wrote: »
    Well no, he didn't quite phrase it like that. He just wrote "those people are gay". Profoundly intellectual and all as that comment was, it's not the same as what you've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gotta love the good looking intellectual sportsmen
    ...like Eric Cantona!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Ok when I was in secondary school I went out wit a county minor, no word for lie it was hell on earth, not cause I came second to gaa, I respect it was there before me and still is after, but mother of christ, he had a head the size of a hippo because he was the s*#t, more like he was a s*#t! I dont kno if all GAA players are like that but he and his friends (also county minor players) were and I have not seen him recently I hear he still is!
    My boyfriend now is a musical person, he plays the acoustic guitar, electrical guitar and the bass guitar, but also he loves and takes part in boxing, and is gym loving. The perfect mix.
    I think its more the personality rather than the body its in. I find alot of girls, myself included are not great lovers of depressing music!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

QUOTE]

Oh god, give me intellectual guys over gaa heads anyday. my worst nightmare would be having to go on a date with a gaa head!!

(however not saying all gaa heads are not intellectual)

Advertisement