Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom

Options
  • 23-11-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am having a problem with getting payment for work carried out in Eirccom.

To try to sort this out, I need to email the head of HR in there. Because I don't work there anymore, I am finding this address difficult to obtain.

If there is any problem with posting this in public, can anyone PM this to me?

Thanks in advance folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yo. You say you worked in Eircom but did you get recruited to work there by an agency? By this I mean that Eircom used to outsource the getting of people to an external agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Aloysius Flyte

Most of the recruitment is done on-site by CPL, but I think the recruitment manager is called Emer McShane (but I'm not sure of the spelling) and she works for Eircom and not CPL.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TirEoghain

It was through an agency, but the problem was with Eircom refusing to sign the timesheet.

After exhausting the agency avenue, I feel the need to contact someone very senior in Eircom with the threat of making public such sharp practices of refusing to pay for work done onsite. I'm thinking the more senior a person I can get, the more likely they will stand up and take notice at the prospect of bad press.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

TirEoghain wrote: »
    It was through an agency, but the problem was with Eircom refusing to sign the timesheet.

After exhausting the agency avenue, I feel the need to contact someone very senior in Eircom with the threat of making public such sharp practices of refusing to pay for work done onsite. I'm thinking the more senior a person I can get, the more likely they will stand up and take notice at the prospect of bad press.

I don't think they will be quaking in their boots at these kind of threats really - they hardly enjoy great press as a company, plus have no less than three unions at them the whole time they want to make any change to

How is the agency avenue exhausted?

Tony Oltof was the head of HR up until at least late last year, which a quick google would show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Assassins Creed

Your only course of correspondence will have to go through the agency, as they are your employer. The agency was employed by Eircom. Who the agency gets to do the work, Eircom has no contract with. If Eircom refused to honour the timesheet, you need to ask the agency why. Is it possible the timesheet submitted, exceeded the hours allocated to do the job. HR will just refer you to the agency, and any mail address from higher up will do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thread is from 4 years ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement