Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads up on night-vision

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

dresden8 wrote: »
    http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20081127.p.BresserNightVisionSight3x40

These yokes any good? Will they satisfy my inner ninja?

Was reading a post on a english site a while back, I think they may be made from the same company as Yukon. If so they should be good quality for the price..

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

i got one of those a few years back. they are ok. depending on conditiond you can see about 70-100 yrds with them.

As you know when it comes to items like this you pay for what you get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

K.man you say 70 to 100 meters , is that to see a fox ,m also what if I put a infra red lens on my light force lamp would this extend the range by much ??

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

to see a ditch or tree's etc

regarding the lens I cant help u there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

I had a dadel gen 2+ scope afew years ago. Not great. No depth perseption so hard to judge range, unless you know the area well. Best bet is to get gen 1 NV and lots of infra red light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 halpo999

In reply to Fish Slapped, I have a gen 1 Yukon for a number of years now and it is very similar to the Lidl one. I have an infra red filter on my clulite lamp and you will only make out the eyes at 100m, but what I have done, using a wavin coupler, is to attach a 4 x 30 Hawke scope which gives me better clarity at range and also a reticle. I have had a vixen and 4 cubs walk right past me on a farm using this, only the last little bugger caught a whiff of me and bolted.

Advertisement