Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation problem?

Options
  • 23-11-2008 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Is there anyone else who struggles to keep themselves motivated? I have christmas tests in 3 weeks and mocks a month later and I still cant sit myself down get on with study. Is there anyone else like this?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Think of it this way, after Christmas it's only a month until your mocks. So I'd get working if I were you!

But I'm the same. My exams are tomorrow and I'm doing some last minute cramming. In the end, it's all down to self discipline. A messy environment can discourage you to get the books out, so that might be something to think of too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ian 123

Im the same,what i done was i signed up for after school study and it helps a bit. No distractions and all that. The best thing to do is if you cant study properly at least try go over a few questions from exam papers to remember a bit. good luck,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

The thoughts of just how important the LC is what always works for me! If im finding it hard to knuckle down....... i pull out my prospectus' and browse over the courses im looking at. Then i just say that if i dont work, i'll be back in this same situation next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm the same, I just don't seem to give a **** and I don't know why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 semihip

My lord. im in the middle of my christmas exams....maths and physics tomoro.
    And i just cant do anything...
    the last two hours have been spent on here.
    im not proud.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

my exams are in two days i only do two/three hours a day im going to fail but im not bothered doing more yet!
    ive got no drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had the same problem running up to my Christmas exams (last week), so yesterday I said feck this I'm setting myself a 10-12 week study plan (my mocks are in 13 weeks), I've set goals in each subject for each week, printed it out what days I'm doing what and stuck it up in my bedroom so I see it every 15 minutes of the day.

Helped me anyway today, lets see how the next few weeks go.

If I was doing 2/3 hrs a day I'd be delighted with myself, I can barely manage to do an hour before I say **** this. It's so frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

I know exactly how you feel.I just don't know what to do about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭Ckal

I was the same in 6th year. I couldn't concentrate when I started studying and I only ended up doing about an hour a night.

I think the best way to get motivated is to have a study group. It could be you and your friends. Each weekend, lets say Saturday, you all meet up in X's house. You start study at 1pm. Have a break at 2:30pm (a bit of lunch and a laugh). Recommence study until 4:30pm and then do your weekend's homework. Then the weekend after, you all meet up in Y's house and you do the same thing. And so on...

Then after your mocks. Do your homework when you get in from school. Have it done before dinner. Take a chill pill after dinner for about 45 minutes. Then get stuck into study. Only study until 9pm or so. Any later than that you won't get to sleep because your head will be too full.

It's easier said than done. But it really does help, believe me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 semihip

Ckal wrote: »

I think the best way to get motivated is to have a study group.

Study groups don't work! unless they envolve people who have no conversational skills what so ever. The library and strict study time tables are working ok for me now.

semihip wrote: »
    Study groups don't work! unless they envolve people who have no conversational skills what so ever. The library and strict study time tables are working ok for me now.

yeah I wouldn't be able to study with any of my friends, I only have one friend who's really serious about the leaving cert! I think it's cos all my friends don't care that it's easy to think whatever, I forget that all the other people in the country are working!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

What you need is some motivational music

I just puched in six hours study after listening to that! :pac:

Advertisement