Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rally Ireland 2009

• 23-11-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know if theirs any accomodation still available in Sligo for the 29th- 31st of Jan for Rally Ireland. Ive looked a few places and everywhere so far is full. Should have really looked earlier.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

My advice is try somewhere outside of Sligo and on or near the rally route. We've got a house sorted in Drumshanbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Thanks , We booked a nice holiday lodge/hostel in Strandhill, near where we stayed last year so happy days !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

dcr22B wrote: »
    My advice is try somewhere outside of Sligo and on or near the rally route. We've got a house sorted in Drumshanbo.

Better again, hire a camper & move between stages recce & pick the best locations the night before & put your feet up, cook breakfast & let the action come to you!

De Hipster wrote: »
    Better again, hire a camper & move between stages recce & pick the best locations the night before & put your feet up, cook breakfast & let the action come to you!

Thanks but I like my comfy bed at the end of the day :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kissmyrs

Rally ireland will be savage!!

rally ireland info

visit

http://sligocruizers.bebo.com

• Advertisement

Understandable. Am hoping that my comfy bed will be situated in a suite of the Clarion again this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Then rent a transit, stick the bed, duvet an all, in the back and you're set! A friend of mine does that! Think of how cheap it would be to rent a van instead of a house for the weekend

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Magown3 wrote: »
    Then rent a transit, stick the bed, duvet an all, in the back and you're set! A friend of mine does that! Think of how cheap it would be to rent a van instead of a house for the weekend

True, but overcoming hypothermia can be hard/expensive :D

kissmyrs wrote: »
    Rally ireland will be savage!!

rally ireland info

visit

http://sligocruizers.bebo.com

Thanks but I think I'll stick to http://www.rallyireland.org for the info that I need. We don't need to know about the curse of cruises!

Magown3 wrote: »

Somehow 8 of us might be a squeeze in a Transit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Hi
    I was thinking of catching some stage in my camper van with my son.
    Has anybody any experience of this and how do I go about planning to be in the right places overnight.
    Any advice appreciated
    Connel

Most of the people I know who did this last year basically drove the stages the eve before & hand-picked best junction, corner or internal spot on the stage (obviously with ample camper parking nearby).

Only difficulty is that there is t he possibility that you may have to remain at that point until the road is officially reopened following the days rallying.

Having said that they did see a lot of action & helped clear many a crashed competitor & even made the odd but well received bacon sandwich for the retirees.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 tinytina

I believe that Irish Farmhouse Holidays have opened up some of their B&Bs especially for this Rally.

My brother has just booked. Details at
    http://www.irishfarmholidays.com/ifh/index.cfm?fuseaction=newsEvents.news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 corkbird

Re: WRC Accommodation

Have you looked up the accomodation section of the rallyireland website, irish welcome tours are handling some of accommodational bookings, if you email them, you can get a list of what is still available in Sligo!! Know there is still availability!

From a new rally nut!! Roll on the WRC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Miniracer08

We have a 3 bed house in Collooney Co.Sligo for RALLY fans that are still looking for accommodation. 7 miles from Service Park and accessible to all stages. Reply for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eddiebear

I have a Bed and Breakfast 10 mins from sligo town and i have limited availability for wrc weekend, rates are reasonable, if interested pm me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

planning on just bringing a transit with a mattress in the back myself. it's gonna be freezing!

pretty good wrc ireland site around the launch http://www.mywrcireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scorpion21985

Hey, if anyone is looking for accommodation contact Bernie on 0872416458. 1 twin room, 1 double room and 1 ensuite room(king sizebed). 2 Minutes from the Main Service Area which is at the IT Sligo.
    Also able to accommodate children if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scorpion21985

We have a 3 bed house in Collooney Co.Sligo for RALLY fans that are still looking for accommodation. 7 miles from Service Park and accessible to all stages. Reply for more details.
    Hey how much you looking for the accommodation, as i a few friends coming down for the rally from dublin and i need a place to stay as collooney would be perfect?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

3 bed house in Sligo city centre, 10 mins walk from service park, right smack bang near all the craic in the town. Secure off street parking for 1 car and public carpark across the road for any others, in full view of house so also safe. PM me if interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LeitrimInfo

If you are looking for good value accommodation near to 6 of the stages have a look at http://www.allen.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭larry1

A look back at the last Rally Ireland in 2007..
    http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/6505/rally-ireland-2007-full-review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bencullen

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bencullen

i have a 4 bed bungalow in ballaghadeereen, roscommon, close to all stages of the rally
    20 min to boyle , 30min to sligo , ph ben 0871379265 if interested !

Advertisement