Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People or teams you don't back anymore

Options
  • 23-11-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭

What are peoples bogey teams and players.

No matter how good they are doing as soon as you back them they always cost you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Arsenal shower of w**kers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

liverpool....thats been a rule of mine for a few years now

grey horses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

Liverpool....I try to back them as often as possible :D:D = Financially, it's horrible but non financially, it's very rewarding, it's like perverse pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

united, being my own team would do me out of money quite regularly, remember i had about 8 teams in an acc that would have paied out 60+ and all i needed were united who were by far the shortest odds on the slip. so they drew with villareal and did me outa cash.

sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd never rule anybody out. Come on sure, if some crazy guy came up to you on the street and offered you 4/6 on Liverpool beating Stoke at Anfield for example would you seriously say no because you don't back Liverpool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

man united this season, shocking lack of wins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Liverpool - dodgy as f***

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

MK Dons since last season. They were notorious for ballsing up accumulators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Kevin11

Wigan. last year cost me 26/1 18/1 and 7/1 accums.
    I blacklisted them only to throw them into a treble this year when at home to
    stoke.. drew 0-0.
    Never again..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Middlesbrough - never bet for or against them, too unpredictable

Poland hurt me badly for a big single during the last World Cup and then let me down a few months later on a monster international week accum

Have noticed Leeds letting me down at least two or three times already this season. Then backed them to draw last week and they won 5-2. Although the longer they stay in League One the better so not complaining too much about that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Essex (the horse not the cricket team). Locals own him and anytime I backed him he lost and when I forgot or missed out he won, so to avoid been barred from the pub I decided not to back him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've given up on betting on defenders to score.

Last three defencers I bet on to score where Silvestre, Dunne, Clichy.

All scored an O.G. in the match I had the bet on.

Didn't work when I bet on Rio when they were playing us though... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Arsenal have been a disaster for me this season.

Any time I bet for them they lost and when I backed united Arsenal won.
    Terrible stuff.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Browney7 wrote: »
    Arsenal have been a disaster for me this season.

Any time I bet for them they lost and when I backed united Arsenal won.
    Terrible stuff.:confused:

I think you should back chelsea this weekend! Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeee ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

wouldnt touch liverpool for league......................the big guns havent got going yet yet and pool are getting lucky points to keep them where they are. its hard to believe that at least 1 or 2 of englands BIG 3 (utd, chelsea, arsenal) wont make a good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Inter Milan and Real Madrid in Europe. Awful teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

barnsley after today let me down for a big accum:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'd never rule anybody out. Come on sure, if some crazy guy came up to you on the street and offered you 4/6 on Liverpool beating Stoke at Anfield for example would you seriously say no because you don't back Liverpool?

Yes :cool: Principles.

Sorry about you near miss dotsfan but being a Forest fan I was so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

wouldnt touch liverpool for league......................the big guns havent got going yet yet and pool are getting lucky points to keep them where they are. its hard to believe that at least 1 or 2 of englands BIG 3 (utd, chelsea, arsenal) wont make a good run.

Arsenal ?

you having a laugh mate. The state of Arsenal this season. Although it would be like them to beat chelsea tomorrow. And then to lose to the likes of west brom next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Inter Milan and Real Madrid in Europe. Awful teams!

Italian teams in europe are bad bets because they will never try to win a game imo. more a case start out for a draw and score a goal if it comes about instead of trying to win the game straight off.

Madrid are in bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Macclesfield, been ruining my accumulators for years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I do not back the New Orleans Saints ever! i assume im allowed use american football teams?

I would rarely back united as they my own team and i just like to watch them with no added pressure, certain times it has to be done of course

other then that i dont particularly black list anyone, oh except AC Milan always ****in AC Milan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Arsenal ?

Although it would be like them to beat chelsea tomorrow. And then to lose to the likes of west brom next week..

nice one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Arsenal for me as well. Backed United at Emirates, then backed Arsenal at City, and if I hadn't been in self imposed exile from betfair, I'd have backed Chelsea yesterday.

My bogey bet though, and I learned this the hard way, is betting on more goals when a big team is coasting against a poor team. Examples: United score twice in the first 20 mins against Pompey last season (think it was a midwekk game), and the game finishes 2-0. Barcelona score 5 in the first half against Almeria(?) I think, this season, and there are no more goals in the second half. There are loads more examples, just can't think of all of them.

Generally though, losing is like winning. There is no exact science. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

FC Copenhagen cost me 9 grand in an accum a few weeks ago.Words couldnt express......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Scottish teams (apart from the Old Firm). Anything can happen up there, particularly in the SPL.

Advertisement