Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test Routes in Dundalk

Options
  • 23-11-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi, I have my test coming up very soon, and I only got a few lessons.
    I was wondering if anyone knows the test routes, how many there is, and what main roads/places they go, just so I can practise on them.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭up the town

All depends on where you are doing your test from, the Fairways or NCT centre.

From the fairways they often take you down the bypass, up Tom Bellew, (remember to indicate at roundabouts) up avenue rd, left at crescent, right onto ecco road, do some 3 point turns in ard easmuinn, reverse round corner and back to fairways. When leaving fairways watch the hill on exit, it counts as hillstart.
    From NCT left on exit at coes rd, onto bypass up the avenue r.d through town, down Quay st, right into estate just before red barns r.d, 3 point turn, reverse round corner then back to NCT centre.
    Any instructor will know the routes.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 49 smithysmith

Thanks "up the town", I probably should have said it was from the NCT. From the lesson I got I was taken right at the exit of the NCT, then left at the end of the road.
    How many other routes is there, if anyone knows?
    Thanks again "up the town"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

NCT use a few routes, mine went right at NCT exit, left at point road, right at traffic lights on barrack street out over the new bridge, left onto race course road (did the hill start here!!), left onto Newry road, straight through lights at lisdoo,then down Linenhall street, take second right at Church Street, right at Carroll village junction, left onto the laurels, right onto road beside Friary school, left onto Carrick Road, then headed down Vincent Avenue, turned right onto Dublin Street, then left at shopping centre, down the ramparts, into MeadowGrove for 3 point turn and reversing around corner, then finally headed back to the NCT centre. I think they nearly always use Meadow grove for reversing, the use the road heading into Bishops court. Good Luck. I had my lessons with PJs driving school, I highly recommend him

• Registered Users Posts: 49 smithysmith

Thanks indiewindy, thats great!!! I even feel more confident now knowing the routes!!! Thanks Again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dwad

hi i have my driving test on wed from the fairways anyone done their test from there lately or know the test route/s?
    i am desperate to know so please help

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

dwad wrote: »
    hi i have my driving test on wed from the fairways anyone done their test from there lately or know the test route/s?

I have my test on that day also! Tom Bellew Avenue is likely, and it has 4 roundabouts, so in theory its possible to fail on that road alone, so make sure you're ok with roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

dwad wrote: »

How'd you guys get on last week with you're Tests

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well I posted that over 3 months ago but I passed. The route I took was as follows

Right out of fairways, right onto bypass, right at roundabout at JJB, left down Red Barns Road, turned left into Bay Estate, went through Bay Estate and emerged at the entrance onto the bypass, turned left and immediately right onto the Coes Road, turned left and onto roundabout at swimming pool - first exit onto Alaphonsus Road (sp?) and left into some new estate and did 3-point, then back out onto roundabout, and and took first exit onto road beside Marshes, right onto Avenue Road. Left at the lights at Hill Street. Left into Glenwood, reverse around corner, and then back to the Fairways.

Advertisement