Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer '09

Options
  • 23-11-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey everybody,

Myself and at least 2 other students will be doing work placement in Dublin summer '09. We were thinking of looking into accom around belfield cause we want to be around the remainder of the students in dublin to have a bit of a laugh. My question is basically where does everybody think would be the best place to live in dublin after most of the students leave..........and were comming up from UCC, don't hold it against me :p

Ps. I'll be working on shelbourne road and at least 1 car space is necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Rathmines or Ranelagh. Near town, pretty, funky, arty, loads to do. Cycle lanes everywhere. Don't go further from the city than that or you won't feel like you're in Dublin at all. There's no point coming to Dublin if you're going to live somewhere manky and souless like Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

have a word with the people in UCD. i dont know if they do it here but in some colleges they rent out the campus accomodation during the summer to get a bit of extra money. that really would be your best option but im not sure if it works.give it a go though :D !!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

I have a dilapidated shed at the bottom of my garden in Terenure. Reeks a bit of old apples and turnips but as a cork-man I presume thats no issue for you ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ya can apply for on-campus during the summer alright, but this could be for foreign students only...not fully sure on that. But they definately do rent out during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 paddy353

I have a dilapidated shed at the bottom of my garden in Terenure. Reeks a bit of old apples and turnips but as a cork-man I presume thats no issue for you ;).

Ha, somebodies been reading the new ross o carroll kelly book i see :P

Don't worry i'm no muck savage:eek:, i've been to the big smoke once or twice in my day...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Raneleigh is one of the more student places or Clonskeagh every second hours there is usually student accomodation but the problem might arise with the fact that most people rent for the college year and then head home for summer so you may not find many places of a so called student base

Advertisement