Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Factory Reset

• 23-11-2008 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭

what exactly happens when you perform a "Factory Reset" on a phone. Got a Nokia N78 2nd hand on ebay and having problems. Thought about doing this, but will I lose applications like gps, fm transmitter etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What problems are you having?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

factory reset does exactly what it says on the tin. It resets the phone to the way it was when it left the factory. You won't lose any of the phone's features.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

mostly to do with the music player. keeps searching for new songs over and over and can't be turned off without turning off phone. gps isn't great as it takes ages to find a satellite.Also, all the settings(internet,mms etc) are for vodafone UK so I'd say I will spend ages setting this thing up(not good with the technical stuff)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mostly to do with the music player. keeps searching for new songs over and over and can't be turned off without turning off phone. gps isn't great as it takes ages to find a satellite.Also, all the settings(internet,mms etc) are for vodafone UK so I'd say I will spend ages setting this thing up(not good with the technical stuff)

You don't need to set up any of those settings! Just go to nokia.com and have the settings sent to you via sms. Open sms and save settings as defaults!
    Also, after a factory reset, you'd still have the uk stuff anyways!
    Music player looking for new songs endlessly? How long? And how much stuff have you transferred to the phone/memory card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

all the settings(internet,mms etc) are for vodafone UK

You can find the internet settings here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106942

• Advertisement
Advertisement