Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will UK codes work here in Ireland?

• 23-11-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Hello, Im looking at buying a 3 month subscription on ebay, where the guy will email me the code, but the seller is from the UK so will the code work here on a irish xbox? Like do UK bought codes only work on UK xbox's?
    And the same thing for USA codes, will they work here on an Irish xbox gamertag? Thanks.

Also, this is the first time ive bought something like this on ebay, so if he sends me the code by email, and it has been used or is a fake, will paypal accept me to start a dispute or are these emailed codes covered? Thanks.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

12 + 1 sub for 35 euro that I bought. Emailed me the code and worked in a second. Can buy from this seller on ebay but he said he can't email over ebay because ebay requires that it be shipped.

Anyway I did it and got my sub in under an hour emailed to me from the website.

Xbox Live Membership 13 Months -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I just tried his site there, when I went to pay by paypal I got re directed back to his site and it said to contact by email for payment options, is that normal?

No I didn't get that, I just paid with paypal. I wouldn't buy if you can't go through paypal TBH. Site could have been hijacked or anything so I'd just check back tomorrow if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Just to throw it in:

www.jasper1675.com

I bought a 12 month sub a while back from here, sells 3 month as well.

brim4brim wrote: »
    12 + 1 sub for 35 euro that I bought. Emailed me the code and worked in a second. Can buy from this seller on ebay but he said he can't email over ebay because ebay requires that it be shipped.

Anyway I did it and got my sub in under an hour emailed to me from the website.

Xbox Live Membership 13 Months -

I got an email back just there, they won't sell them anymore because of the poor £ to $ exchange rates. It would have worked at at €32 if it went through.

• Advertisement

Ah alright, fair enough I suppose but your out of luck there then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Just to throw it in:

www.jasper1675.com

I bought a 12 month sub a while back from here, sells 3 month as well.

Thanks for that. I'll be buying a subscription soon and this looks like the place to get it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lardossan

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll be buying a subscription soon and this looks like the place to get it:)

got my 13 months from that site last week, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Is it just my pc or is this happening to you, when I go to http://www.jasper1675.com/europeanxbox12gold.html and go to the 3 month subscription part at the bottom, the paypal button isn't working?

Is this site genuinely safe to use? and Do you actually get the code instantly if you have bought off the site?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I ordered the 13 months off that Jasper site last night and the code was in my inbox by the time I logged in this morning.

• Advertisement

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Is it just my pc or is this happening to you, when I go to http://www.jasper1675.com/europeanxbox12gold.html and go to the 3 month subscription part at the bottom, the paypal button isn't working?

Is this site genuinely safe to use? and Do you actually get the code instantly if you have bought off the site?

It redirected me to PayPals site to login

robinph wrote: »
    I ordered the 13 months off that Jasper site last night and the code was in my inbox by the time I logged in this morning.

Same here, think I'll pick up a few more while they're cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Ok I'll answer the question for you mate.
    UK points and Gold work in Ireland. All EU countries work in Ireland. But you gamer profile has to be EU as well. Basically Profile has to be from the same region as points. Not the console but profile.
    If you have a US profile you need US points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Anyone know of a good seller for US live subscription?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The same guy looks to have US subscription codes on his site as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

If you use a US profile in Ireland you have a strong chance of being banned. Its against M/S TOS. (terms of service).

ROC1977 wrote: »
    If you use a US profile in Ireland you have a strong chance of being banned. Its against M/S TOS. (terms of service).

That cant be true! I have a US account only because my hotmail account was settup when i lived in the US and it linked with my gamertag. I have contacted MS dozens of times over the last year and a half trying to get them to change my profile to Ireland and it cant be done.

Dont want to create a new account either because i lose all my gamer points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

mgsrocks wrote: »
    That cant be true! I have a US account only because my hotmail account was settup when i lived in the US and it linked with my gamertag. I have contacted MS dozens of times over the last year and a half trying to get them to change my profile to Ireland and it cant be done.

Dont want to create a new account either because i lose all my gamer points.

Dont think its true. I have a us account for the exact same reason as you. Sure MS even told me it was a US account. I think I read somewhere that they only limit your access to the US marketplace. They def don't ban you.

Mgsrocks I assume you bought a US sub from www.jasper1675.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

dumb question time - can i buy a code and wait a couple of months before activating it on my box? that is to say, can i activate once i have free time again in Jan?

franman wrote: »
    Mgsrocks I assume you bought a US sub from www.jasper1675.com?

Yep

• Advertisement
Advertisement