Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel mondeo v Petrol Mondeo.or similar.

Options
  • 23-11-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

:rolleyes:I have driven diesel cars for the past 20 years and only once changed to a petrol c180 merc. Diesel was however always considerably cheaper than petrol and I always estimated that to cover around 12 to 15k per annum made up for the increased costs (purchase cost and often higher road tax) However with the two fuels now at around the same cost and diesel sometimes higher , I am asking the question is it really worth paying a premium for a diesel. I also ask this question as low mileage diesels are as rare as hen's teeth , whereas one can easily buy a top spec secondhand petrol with low mileage.

Advertisement