Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT Preperation Courses

Options
  • 23-11-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Along with the preparation course in the institute there will be another preparation course in RCSI from ****.

Can **** be trusted?

please wribe back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Well, if you're worried about how genuine the course is just ring up RCSI...

I have no idea, I haven't really heard much about this one. Apparently the one in the Tute's nearly booked up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm sure it can be trusted as much as the institute course, but I don't know if it'll be worth it. The test was designed to be grind-proof and to test people'snatural ability, which really can't be faked. The best preparation you can do is get a sample booklet and become familiar with the types of questions asked so you wont be lost on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Patsypooky

shamoono wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Along with the preparation course in the institute there will be another preparation course in RCSI from ****.

Can **** be trusted?

please wribe back

Good question about HPAT Prep. A friend of mine got "caught" for a packet!

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/HPAT-test-HPAT-prep-HPAT-Ulster-HPAT-Ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

RCSI was very clear to distance themselves from ****. They merely rented a hall to them, and otherwise have absolutely no connection with them at all.
    No universities in Ireland at all endorse or sponsor ****.

Mind you, I think they're not that bad if you've got money to spare and are willing to spend the summer between 5th year and 6th year on the website. The workshops are utter rubbish, but the website materials are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Piste wrote: »
    I'm sure it can be trusted as much as the institute course, but I don't know if it'll be worth it. The test was designed to be grind-proof and to test people'snatural ability, which really can't be faked. The best preparation you can do is get a sample booklet and become familiar with the types of questions asked so you wont be lost on the day.

No, you really need to do this. They say this, but it certainly isnt true for the most part.

I found the sample booklet easy, and i wasnt atall prepared for the real thing as i missed out on this course.

I then talked to someone who did do it, and they said they did well but would have been lost without the prep.

If youre serious about medicine, take the prep course...I'd go with the institute one, but im sure both are good

And good luck, keep an eye on time, i ran out in the first section..

• Advertisement

RCSI was very clear to distance themselves from ****. They merely rented a hall to them, and otherwise have absolutely no connection with them at all.
    No universities in Ireland at all endorse or sponsor ****.

Mind you, I think they're not that bad if you've got money to spare and are willing to spend the summer between 5th year and 6th year on the website. The workshops are utter rubbish, but the website materials are quite good.

Website materials - eg copied questions from SAT - LSAT books just like **** accuses others of doing over in Australia?

Mind you, selling of stolen goods is not the way to go to my mind. Bottom line - may all students fulfill their dreams!
    I have talked to several who also did this course and wanted a refund but had no recourse.I can't speak for the Institute one as I haven't heard from anyone who did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bookmarked

I signed up for the **** course and personally found them very helpful. They have this thing called LMS which has tons of drills on each section and 10 practice exams. The 2-day course was really helpful aswell.

Bookmarked wrote: »
    I signed up for the **** course and personally found them very helpful. They have this thing called LMS which has tons of drills on each section and 10 practice exams. The 2-day course was really helpful aswell.

That's good news but being sold stolen copied SAT and LSAT questions just doesn't seem ethical for would be doctors. I'm old fashioned I guess.

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/HPAT-test-HPAT-prep-HPAT-Ulster-HPAT-Ireland/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement