Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Build

Options
  • 23-11-2008 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Do you want another laptop or a Desktop?
    Whats your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Something along these line from www.hardwareversand.de is what i would suggest.

67253.JPG

Thats 870.82 plus it's E30 for delivery and if you want they will assamble the pc for a reasonable fee.
    So you have a hundred quid left for keyboard mouse and maybe a different case.
    One thing with these guys is you have to pay by bank transfer but don't worry they are perfectly legit and it's easier than you think.

Other things to note you might want a quad core for same money you could get a q6600. Personally i don't think most people have a need for quads yet and sticking with faster dual cores is better IMHO.

You may also wish to consider NVidias New version of their GTX260 Core 216 which according to reviews generally marginally beats the HD4870 for similar money. Either will devour WOW and play anything else on the market at high settings and almost everything on maximum.

On the OS side of things maybe you have access to one already... ahem... But vista home and xp are E77, ultimate is aruond 150 these are OEM same thing as normal just means the licence is attached to this PC. If you want to include an OS in that build and need to stay under 1000 i'm sure it could be tweaked. I've put 4 gigs in there because it's just so cheap these days for ddr2 so you'll need to use the 64bit vistas to use all of it, it's the same price just means you have to pick the 64bit option when doing the install.

I think that covers everything but if there are any questions or special requests fire away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Iolar wrote: »
    Hi all am thinking of getting a new computer since my sony laptop is beginning to fall apart on me,what could you recommend for a n00b like me?i mostly use the pc for downloading films,internet and of course world of warcraft:D

thnaks guys;)

Honestly you just need a Dell with a good graphics card or the Aldi PC mentioned in other threads here, that will run WoW on full and have tons of space and speed for internet/apps/etc plus you dont have to tinker with it.

Advertisement