Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veyron Outcome.... spoiler alert!

Options
  • 23-11-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

What a pity, time lost at corners, well, hammerhead, too much TC!

Also think, captain slow might be the Stiggy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Spoiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It came fifth!

Was expecting it to blow the gumbert (spelt right?) out of the sky. Although I loved it when it demolished the Zonda in a straight line race. Did I hear Jeremy saying it was 987 horsepower?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Sorry, off topic a bit, but what engine was in the Jag that Clarkson was driving in yesterdays show? Pretty impressive fuel consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

kc66 wrote: »
    Sorry, off topic a bit, but what engine was in the Jag that Clarkson was driving in yesterdays show? Pretty impressive fuel consumption.

2.7 ltr v6 twin turbo I think. Must have had a massive fuel tank too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Don't forget to add that it was a diesel, 19 gallons of fuel i think he said :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

What a pity, time lost at corners, well, hammerhead, too much TC!

Also think, captain slow might be the Stiggy!
    1.18.3, not too bad at all considering the weight, I bet it weighs about 1/2 more than all them other cars. Put that car around the nurbugring with a pro driver and it will have the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

they are making a 'racing' version of hte Veyron now, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I was disappointing that it didn't get 1st. Its such a brilliant car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

they are making a 'racing' version of hte Veyron now, aren't they?
    Pfft, it's too powerful for any mainstream racing series I can think of, so it'd be a completely different car, just with a shell that looks somewhat like the Veyron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JohnGalt

It looked heavy as it went around the corner, probably because it is heavy, but the sound it made was awesome. It shouldn't be a huge surprise that it didn't top the board having seen its performance on the Nurburgring compared to cars like the Koenigsegg CCX and the Nissan GTR among others

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Plug wrote: »
    1.18.3, not too bad at all considering the weight, I bet it weighs about 1/2 more than all them other cars. Put that car around the nurbugring with a pro driver and it will have the record.

ITs already happened, and it broke no records. The car is just to heavy, and on the nurburgring you need to drive like a looney. Something the veyron wont let you do. But on the straights.... it will piss over pretty much anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

was at this show,had to film the lap time reveal about three times cos clarkeson was so gutted,his first reaction was priceless "of for f**k sake",hamster was delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Manties wrote: »
    ITs already happened, and it broke no records. The car is just to heavy, and on the nurburgring you need to drive like a looney. Something the veyron wont let you do. But on the straights.... it will piss over pretty much anything.
    It was driven by an amature driver, first time on the ring.
    Theres a GT version of it in the works with 1350hp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Anyone notice the gash in the RHS sill of the car.

Was just watching it on sky + and there is a bug dent in the sill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Plug wrote: »
    It was driven by an amature driver, first time on the ring.
    Theres a GT version of it in the works with 1350hp.

There is no such thing as an amature on the nurburgring, unless it was his first time there. But i doubt they would let a first timer drive a veyron there. Personally i'd loev to see sabine schmidt drive the bejasus out of it around there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JohnGalt

The idea of an the GT Bugatti Veyron with additional bhp sounds like a bit ridiculous, if there is anything it is short on it certainly isn't power. It would have been more interesting to see them attempt a lightweight version of the Veyron, although it probably wouldn't really work, the engine alone being so heavy.

Advertisement